Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2016, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
But yeah! Starts with the EOTW and then will pretty much follow the rest of the season, except for changes in character dynamics and some plot twists.
Sounds interesting. Are you close to finishing it?

Quote:
Oh yeah, that was excellent!
Tess' eyebrow lift and "noted," kills me
Old 01-31-2016, 01:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm not close to finishing it but I have all the key moments figured out so it's just figuring out the in between because most of them are romance or "smut" and I want substance to the story, you know? It will probably be finished soon though because I'm writing it super fast!
Old 01-31-2016, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Actually Tess and Liz's Frenemy started in Crazy and progressed in Tess Lies and Videotape.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 01-31-2016, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
but I have all the key moments figured out so it's just figuring out the in between
Good to hear you won't be winging it like Katims.

Quote:
and I want substance to the story, you know?
with smut, it only works with one-shots. A story that is 5+ chapters of smut gets boring.

Quote:
It will probably be finished soon though because I'm writing it super fast!
I am jealous of your quickness. I have a story I've been working on for.ever. and still have about 12 chapters to go.

Quote:
Actually Tess and Liz's Frenemy started in Crazy and progressed in Tess Lies and Videotape.
Suspicion is never the way to start off a relationship.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I wouldn't say that, when you look at s1 & when the aliens & the humans first started interacting, they were all a little scared/suspicious. I think you can still become friends.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

In that case, Liz, Maria and Alex didn't feel threatened in the romantic-sense. Tess' arrival threatened romances, at least Liz's romance was the first to be threatened followed by the other twos.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think Tess seemed threatening because she brought destiny with her. She directly threatened Max and Liz's relationship, but then Maria/Michael and Alex/Isabel because Isabel and Michael were "destined." That was kinda my favorite thing about her- she added conflict almost unintentionally (aside from the LMT triangle)
Old 02-02-2016, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

what some viewers didn't get is that without tess' arrival, what would the show have done? what would the s1 finale have looked like without tess and alien enemies?
Old 02-02-2016, 07:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Exactly. And if she never would have ended up on the show the whole "fourth alien" mystery never would have been solved which would've pissed people off. Maybe if they would have brought her on later in the series when people were sorta over the whole Liz/Max relationship, she would have been more well received. Or worse. Idk really.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
In that case, Liz, Maria and Alex didn't feel threatened in the romantic-sense. Tess' arrival threatened romances, at least Liz's romance was the first to be threatened followed by the other twos.
Oh ok, I get what you mean.

I still think they could have become friends though. Two people like the same person all the time, it would have been a good lesson to show two teenage girls rising above that & not seeing someone as the enemy all the time.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Maybe if they would have brought her on later in the series when people were sorta over the whole Liz/Max relationship, she would have been more well received. Or worse. Idk really.
I do think the only way for Tess to be accepted was for her to come on after ML broke up and were over each other. Like Max had to realize having Liz in his life was stopping him from growing.

Quote:
I still think they could have become friends though. Two people like the same person all the time, it would have been a good lesson to show two teenage girls rising above that & not seeing someone as the enemy all the time.
J Katims had no vision
Old 02-04-2016, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

& it was just lazy writing. Girl gets in between main couple? Oh, she's evil! Of course she is....
Old 02-04-2016, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

It didn't make any sense for Tess to kill Alex. They should of had Kivar do it. It would make more sense if he was so evil and was after isabel.

Isabel was dating Alex and liked him so it made more sense for Kivar to be the one to destroy and kill Alex to get Valendra aka Isabel back at any coast.

They were setting it up at the end of season 1 with the enemies coming to earth and in season 2 with the talk of Kivar. So why not have Kivar kill Alex and take Max's son in order to get the royal 4 to come back to Antar and have Kivar kill Max, Michael, and Tess but keep Isabel alive.

The Tess evil stoyline was so cheap and such a cop out.

They could of had season 2 be an amazing season but instead they had to make it a teenage Law and Order lifetime drama episode.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 02-04-2016, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
& it was just lazy writing. Girl gets in between main couple? Oh, she's evil! Of course she is....
it was misogyny at its worst

I am going to pretend it was Kivar all along who killed Alex because that was the best option,
Old 02-04-2016, 11:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

And if Tess was the "evil" one then why did they make it such a big deal that Vilandra aka Isabel betrayed all of them in the past life? It would have been more plausible for Isabel to have been evil (still a **** idea thought) or they should have had Ava been the one to betray them all because then it would have made more sense for Tess to be evil in the first place. But she wasn't in the past life so she wouldn't be now. I also thought it was stupid how Liz just went back to Max like nothing ever happened.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread