Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

yeah I don't think the change in writers definitely caused a problem, but they never seemed to establish their own mythology, just made it up as they went along, & it never seemed to me like they had any foresight at all.

Were there ever any interviews with any of the season 1 writers where they said what they had planned after season 1? I kind of don't want to know because it might only make me more bitter
Old 06-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
yeah I don't think the change in writers definitely caused a problem, but they never seemed to establish their own mythology, just made it up as they went along, & it never seemed to me like they had any foresight at all.

Were there ever any interviews with any of the season 1 writers where they said what they had planned after season 1? I kind of don't want to know because it might only make me more bitter
if there was and if there are stories and plans are similiar to mine(like staying with Allien side of the story more, like with couples Max Tess, and Michael Isabel, or with enemies like skins, and finding more about themselves and there allien side) then i would be happy and would love to read that interviews!
Old 06-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Because all of the new writers the WB got for season 2 had nerver watched season one of had written scifi before!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 06-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

yeah, but I wish we could of heard from the season 1 writers. Besides the producers were the same weren't they?
Old 06-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm afraid of what the s1 writers had planned for s2 b/c if it was pro-Tess/pro-TessMax then I'd be sad it didn't happen. So I like to pretend they wouldn't have been pro-Tess/pro-TessMax.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

If you look at the season one trading cards on the back of them they had a totally different storyline.

Max was a prince not a king and Howie from the Back Street Boys who saids "It has begun" at the end of season one was going to have a huge storyline in season 2.

I hate how the WB fired all of the good writers! Roswell could of been more epic!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 06-11-2012, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Max being a prince vs. a king isn't really that big of a change. imo. B/c it's not like that made him a farmer in the original SL but then decided to make him a king.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think it would have eased the pressure a bit, knowing that he had responsibilities, but that they was someone else - I assume his father - that could lead the way for him.

Instead they decided to pile the pressure on, give him all these "how am I supposed to be a king?" issues & then never actually explore that part of his destiny
Old 06-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Princes still have responsibilities and pressure. And he would've inherited the throne eventually, presumably.

And if they kept him a prince - well Kivar still killed him so whether he's a prince or king, Kivar considered him a threat.

Max was afraid to be king because he didn't have anyone to teach him. It's probably a struggle Zan didn't have.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I wonder if they had kept Max the Prince then who was the King of Antar? Was it Kivar being he took over after Zan fell? Or was it Max's father. So many unanswered questions.

I also would have loved to have seen what they had instore for Howie of the Back Street Boys character he is the one who saids it has begun at the end of Destiny and he was going to have a major storyline in season 2.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I assume if was Zan's father who was king.

As for Howie, I always thought he'd be their enemy.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Idk, I never thought that he seemed threatening of evil in that moment where he said "it has begun" maybe he was going to be a neutral kind of character

I know that being a prince would put pressure on Max too, I just meant that it would be to a lesser extent than him being king.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I figured Howie was an enemy because MMiIT viewed the message that resulted in that beeping which contacted enemies - and Howie knew the mommy message was viewed.

I don't think that being a prince vs. a king would've affected the overall s2 story that say a different story like their planet being destroyed and their parents sending them to Earth (like Superman) would cause everything to be different.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:32 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Totally you know Howie was going to be evil or maybe be an allie to them? I wanted to know more about him and what that message really meant? Was it a signal for war was it a signal to let others know that the royal 4 had returned?

So many unanswered questions.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Was it a signal for war was it a signal to let others know that the royal 4 had returned?
Both, maybe. Maybe it was a signal that they were ready for war.