Old 01-31-2004, 09:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mone:

And yay for Kathy - our Queen of Link Adding. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
That's better than Queen of the Van. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Algieba:

So if the person who posts first is the queen what's the person who posts second? The Vice-Queen?
The "King". [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Speaking of which....

Dobs: You lucky dog, you! I hear Canada gets the DVD's earlier than the US! You'll get to watch all the extras before I will. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I'm so jealous. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2004, 10:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
<STRONG>Four Aliens and a Baby Abridged is Must See TV. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I love that thing! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2004, 11:26 PM
Loyal Fan

*feels the love*

I missed this thread.

And I want to be Queen of something. Something that's not a van. The granolith, maybe.

Quote:
I'm glad this show was cancelled before the very special episode in which Michael pees his pants could happen.
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
the "Mystery Machine" as we called it
*sigh* That interview would be a brilliant parody if it wasn't real.

Quote:
Courtney wasn't evil.
I don't know. She used the words "Mikey G" in a sentence.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:11 AM
Addicted Fan

Wait a minute. Wasn't Courtney evil because she happened to like Mikey G who already had a girlfriend? That's a crime! A crime! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Kathy W:
<STRONG>Dobs: You lucky dog, you! I hear Canada gets the DVD's earlier than the US! You'll get to watch all the extras before I will. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I'm so jealous. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I see Kathy is going to buy the DVDs. And she's excited. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I hope someone will review the Tess audition for us. That's the only thing I'm interested in. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2004, 08:17 AM
Absolute Fan

criteria for Dobson putting DVD's in his collection is that they will be watched over and over....S1 would not be watched over and over...possibly s2 depending on the price
Old 02-01-2004, 09:51 AM
Addicted Fan

To be honest, I don't find Roswell particularly DVD-worthy... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>To be honest, I don't find Roswell particularly DVD-worthy... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
hmm lets see.. the general reaction to that statement would be..

Witch!! She's a witch!!! Burnnn the witch!!!
Heretic! She's a heretic!!! Burnnnn the heretic!!!
Evil!!She's evil!!! burnnn the evil woman!!!

just trying to cover them all [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-01-2004: Message edited Dobson ]
Old 02-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Addicted Fan

Hehehe. Thanks. I'm the Queen of the evil, heretic Witches, muahahaha, and I shall torture the masses by stating my opinion and I shall taunt them by having a different taste, muahahaha. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2004, 12:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:

Wait a minute. Wasn't Courtney evil because she happened to like Mikey G who already had a girlfriend? That's a crime! A crime! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
*slaps hand to forehead* Good God! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] What was I thinking?!!!! Courtney is an alien who was interested in another alien that a human wanted! Of course she's evil! Everyone knows that's a crime punishable by death! Humans always have to get what they want, when they want it! Nothing is more important! Nothing! Not planetary wars, or past lives, or the expectations of one's people, or....

I should probably stop now before I get snarky. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
I see Kathy is going to buy the DVDs.
Kathy sprang for two day shipping. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

One of the POD's had an excellent suggestion--make the DVD's available only in 3-season sets so those who carry on about the "magic Season 1" would have to buy the whole shebang to get ahold of it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Of course, that would mean anyone here who wants the magic Season 2 would have to do the same thing, but that's a small price to pay. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

LoveKills: Real or no, that interview was still a parody. Not all parody is intentional. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2004, 03:05 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kathy W:
<STRONG>One of the POD's had an excellent suggestion--make the DVD's available only in 3-season sets so those who carry on about the "magic Season 1" would have to buy the whole shebang to get ahold of it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Picture all those people burning their Season 2&3 discs. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I have a very loaded question... Does "the magic of Season 1" include the last six episodes? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2004, 03:29 PM
Absolute Fan

* Dobson notices he is standing next to Mone. Moves nonchalantly to other side of room, out of the Wrath of God strike zone around Mone. Takes out cell phone, calls local hospital, telling them to be prepared for a victim of multiple kinds of injuries. Puts on "I am not with her" t-shirt and waits*
Old 02-01-2004, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Dobson:
<STRONG>* Dobson notices he is standing next to Mone. Moves nonchalantly to other side of room, out of the Wrath of God strike zone around Mone. Takes out cell phone, calls local hospital, telling them to be prepared for a victim of multiple kinds of injuries. Puts on "I am not with her" t-shirt and waits*</STRONG>
OmGosh [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

You're too funny [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img] [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

[ 02-01-2004: Message edited jayta ]
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Old 02-01-2004, 09:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:

I have a very loaded question... Does "the magic of Season 1" include the last six episodes? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
*Dons T-shirt that proclaims, "I'm with Mone--&gt;". Or "I'm with Mone &lt;--", depending on which side she's standing on.*

*Slaps sign on Dobs's back which proclaims, "He's with us even though he doesn't want to admit it.*

*Makes sure cell phone is turned on and network is in range just in case we have to dial 911.*

There. All set. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Good question. I have never heard anyone refer to the "magic of Season 1 minus the last 6 episodes". Or "the last episode". Or anything like that. I'm not sure when the "magic" officially stopped. For me, it never did. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I don't think Tess's presence was what punctured the "magic" bubble. Even when the Momogram verified what Tess had been saying all along, Max firmly rejected it. (It was Liz who saw sense. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) But when Max showed more interest in his alien side, alien subjects, alien wife, alien life, etc., that's probably what was deemed unforgivable. Even though Liz had firmly walked away from him, and kept repeating that over and over and over, I'm sure it was still all Max's fault. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2004, 10:16 AM
Addicted Fan

Yay, Kathy is not letting me down. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] *puts on her Dobson-made-me-say-that-shirt*

I was asking because from time to time I take a quick look at some of the general threads on this board and I was surprised to find quite a bit of love for The White Room on one of the "Favourite Episodes" threads. Which is surprising because if I recall correctly, it is heavy on the sci-fi related action and almost human/alien relationship free... It's also one of my favourites.

So I wonder whether TLV is still considered magical despite the rain kiss because of plenty of [Shaggy voice]It-wasn't-me[/Shaggy voice] from Max. The conventional couples all had scenes together and were investigating things together from Crazy to Destiny...
Old 02-02-2004, 10:27 PM
Passionate Fan

*Throws "I'm with Mone --&gt;" T-shirt in wash and dons alternate "I'm with Mone &lt;--" shirt. Makes Mone stand on the other side, because otherwise it's pointing to Dobs.*

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:

I was asking because from time to time I take a quick look at some of the general threads on this board and I was surprised to find quite a bit of love for The White Room on one of the "Favourite Episodes" threads. Which is surprising because if I recall correctly, it is heavy on the sci-fi related action and almost human/alien relationship free... It's also one of my favourites.
*Sigh* TWR is just damned good storytelling. That whole arc at the end of S1 is just damned good storytelling. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I know the network was yanking their chains, but here's proof that chain yanking doesn't always bring bad results. Or maybe it's just that the end of S1 arc was all planned out already and the WB just made them accelerate it.

I don't hear much in the way of criticism of that episode or any other of the six, with the exception of the Momogram in Destiny. (It's hard to hate Destiny as an episode, what with the bus scene, and the "you made me human", etc.) I hear plenty of criticism of Tess (shocking, I know [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ), but not of the episodes themselves, or the arc as a whole--until you hit the Momogram. Conservatives drop Roswell right there. (Screaming conservatives drop it right after SH.) More liberal types hold out till TEOTW, while screaming liberals make it all the way to the end of S2, somewhere from HOM to ITLAITB.

And then there are people like me who like something about all of it. We defy categorization. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Political categorization, anyway. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread