Hope you're having a fab day, babe

Cuddles right back

Ros
Good luck for school
Philly & IndyFan's Fellow Kling-on
Proud member of the Celtic circle
Old 02-05-2021, 07:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Happy Birthday Dawnuk, CC and Kimmie hope you all had wonderful days on your birthday.

Indy are you getting a lot of snow? They’ve been showing all the snow fall in the US on the news down under.

Miss Roswell how’s the snow in New York. My family and I were hoping to be in New York for Christmas and New Year this year. I don’t think we’ll be allowed to travel. Our government down under is very strict. But it’s the way it has to be and we’ve been very lucky with the cases we’ve had.

I had my first COVID test this week. I haven’t been well so the doctor sent me for a test. That stick up your nose isn’t the nicest thing. I don’t want another test any day soon.

Hope you’re all staying safe.
Old 02-05-2021, 07:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

Kooba a big

Weather today 42 and a high of 79

Everyone be safe and have a great Superbowl weekend my team is not in it but it will be fun to watch.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy Friday, Poolies.

Kooba- We haven't had a lot of snow. Last night we had sleet and rain, then it all froze, so we are home from school again. We are expecting a week of artic cold with snow showers. Nothing is going to melt any time soon.
Old 02-05-2021, 10:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooba (View Post)
[
Miss Roswell how’s the snow in New York. My family and I were hoping to be in New York for Christmas and New Year this year. I don’t think we’ll be allowed to travel. Our government down under is very strict. But it’s the way it has to be and we’ve been very lucky with the cases we’ve had.
NYC is slowly opening. I wouldn't' go to New York in the winter with flu season plus COVID and all.

I was so lucky for Christmas this year to actually go out with friends for dinner before indoor dinner was banned again in early December.

Later in the month my friends and I also took a road trip to see some Christmas lights and my friend hosted a very small going away/Christmas party for a friend of mine. (It was a going away party for the guy I like. Not sure what is happening there but I am glad to have a friend. )

Anway outside of that yes I survived the snow. Had an extra work from home day because trains were down by me. We had so much snow. Then my boss insisted we come in two days this week. Hoping the work from home lasts a little longer. I can't do 5 day in the offices 9-5 again.

It has been so nice to have only two days in the office and get in at 8 and out at 3. I love my work from home days. Even if we ease in to three on a limited schedule that's ok but 5 days no. My manager agrees with me. We are not out of the woods yet even with the vaccine.

Anyway I suggest you come to NYC in the spring and the summer more things are opening outside and more things to do.

KIMMIE and CC Happy Birthday!

tweedleD Thank you I start classes in March. I can't wait to start this journey.

Stay safe everyone! Have a great Super Bowl Sunday!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 02-05-2021 at 10:35 PM
Old 02-06-2021, 08:12 AM
Passionate Fan

Happy Saturday Poolies
Old 02-06-2021, 06:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Happy Saturday to you, too!
Roz, what grad school are you going to? For what subject? I didn't go to grad school; I went back for a second B.S. (Hey! I heard that.)

New hobbies? I'm enjoying the Tasting History series on You-Tube. The host makes various dishes from ancient cookbooks, and reviews them.

I've also found an interest in satellite TV, the 'Free To Air' kind. Some stations broadcast their programming by satellite, free to any viewer on purpose. These stations are not illegal to watch, it's not piracy. You just need a satellite dish and receiving equipment. Obviously I can't do it from here, but when I am healthy enough to get out, I look forward to trying it out. More info at: (Free to Air (FTA) Satellite System)

Hi, TYB! Glad you're doing better. Don't be a stranger, come back often! We're here for you. Do you have a new place yet?
Old 02-07-2021, 04:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)

Anway outside of that yes I survived the snow. Had an extra work from home day because trains were down by me. We had so much snow. Then my boss insisted we come in two days this week. Hoping the work from home lasts a little longer. I can't do 5 day in the offices 9-5 again.

Anyway I suggest you come to NYC in the spring and the summer more things are opening outside and more things to do.

Stay safe everyone! Have a great Super Bowl Sunday!
I now work from home 3 days and 2 days in the office. I love it. It’s our new norm because it worked so well last year.

I was in New York for 10 days in July/August 2017. I just loved it. It’s one of my favorite cities in the world. I’ve been very fortunate to have seen a lot of this amazing world. My favourite cities are Venice, Paris, New York, Vienna, Prague, and Amsterdam. I could mention many other cities too. I also think I’m very lucky to live in Sydney as it’s so beautiful as well.
Old 02-07-2021, 10:32 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooba (View Post)
I now work from home 3 days and 2 days in the office. I love it. It’s our new norm because it worked so well last year.

I was in New York for 10 days in July/August 2017. I just loved it. It’s one of my favorite cities in the world. I’ve been very fortunate to have seen a lot of this amazing world. My favourite cities are Venice, Paris, New York, Vienna, Prague, and Amsterdam. I could mention many other cities too. I also think I’m very lucky to live in Sydney as it’s so beautiful as well.

And what about Mountain Ash?
Old 02-08-2021, 07:27 AM
Passionate Fan

Last night l had a lovely video chat with Lisse, Brigitte & Twee It's been a few years since we last did that, December 2018 to be precise. I was lucky enough to meet up with Twee in May 2018 when she came on a trip to Wales with her students. I met up with her and her fellow teachers in a pub just outside of Cardiff where they were staying.

I also got to have a video chat with our Bunnykins on Saturday. Now she's got a smart phone we can do that on a regular basis and l can make sure she's doing ok

It's very quiet at the Pool at the moment

Dawnie
Old 02-08-2021, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi, Poolies!

We have a momentary break in the cold and bad weather. When I got
up yesterday, it was 0 degrees.

Hey Dawn, I loved Mountain Ash & London!

I have spent the last 2 weeks transferring old VHS tapes to DVD. I've been wanting to work on that for years. It is such a space saver, but time consuming!
What was a cabinet full of tapes , now sits in a small storage basket.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie (View Post)
Roz, what grad school are you going to? For what subject? I didn't go to grad school; I went back for a second B.S. (Hey! I heard that.)
I start Grad school next month. My MA degree is in Philosophy and Religion. Thats awesome you went back for your B.S (watch your mouth ) My classes and the whole degree are all online but I will get to walk at graduation! So that's a huge plus! I hopefully should be done in about a year or year and a half.

Quote:
New hobbies? I'm enjoying the Tasting History series on You-Tube. The host makes various dishes from ancient cookbooks, and reviews them.

I've also found an interest in satellite TV, the 'Free To Air' kind. Some stations broadcast their programming by satellite, free to any viewer on purpose. These stations are not illegal to watch, it's not piracy. You just need a satellite dish and receiving equipment. Obviously I can't do it from here, but when I am healthy enough to get out, I look forward to trying it out. More info at: (Free to Air (FTA) Satellite System)
Sounds amazing! I will have to check it out. I love watching cooking shows.

I love this one called Depression Cooking with Clara. She is amazing. She passed away in 2013 but I feel like I know her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zXqkHvs0po
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 02-08-2021, 11:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danuck (View Post)
And what about Mountain Ash?
Dawnuk I don’t class it as a city. But it has my favourite tour guide and the best terrace house accommodation.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

Morning everyone

Bunnykins Go Joey tonight

Dawnie I cant wait till we can have you here in Cali again Stupid Covid messed up our get together.

Weather it is 47 right now and a high of 72

Everyone be safe