Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2021, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe!

Crazy times we are living in. Praying for the country. Remember to take care of one another.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 01-07-2021, 07:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

Morning everyone!!

I have really noting to say after yesterday I am still in shock.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Reggie yes you’re correct not much fire danger this year with humidity. But there wouldn’t be much left to burn after the devastation of last January’s fires. Never seen anything as bad and never want to again.

TYB I know the song - Gomez - We haven’t turned around. I haven’t watched it again for many years but I remember the song. I’m very good at trivia. I remember stupid stuff just nothing important.

Cuddles could your hours be changed because of students studying virtually and not being at school to access the library? I still think they owe you and explanation. But that’s what’s happened here with some jobs, hours cut because of closures or changes due to COVID.

It’s 2am here. I fall asleep around 10:30am and seem to wake up 3 hours later and stay awake for hours. Hopefully I can get more sleep.
I’m back at work Monday after Christmas closedown period at my work. I’d really like to win lotto so I don’t have to return.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kooba, sorry you couldn't sleep, but glad you thought to stop here for a visit.
You can join Dawn in the 2000 posts for 2021 quest.

Nothing new here; still under "red" classification for high COVID numbers.
Still cloudy & gloomy out. I miss sun. Maybe Saturday.
Old 01-07-2021, 01:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Well what can you say about yesterday? I can't say I'm shocked because it was only a matter of time that something like that happened with that lunatic egging his mad supporters on I've seen more police at that building when l was there as a tourist than were there yesterday. They just let them in There's no other reason for it. There's photos today of police having selfies taken with the rioters

Those over 100 republicans that were going to object to the election results changed their minds after they had to hide and wear gas masks because of the trump terrorists. When they carried on with the voting later it was only about 8 of them still objected. Let's see how many get arrested and charged.

Kimmie...I didn't know someone stole your card That's terrible Koob was right about the song. It was We haven't turned around by Gomez. I remember the first time l saw that episode and thinking wow Gomez. They had been one of my favourite bands for years before seeing Roswell. Do you have something to play cds on? If you have I've got all the original Roswell music on cds if you wanted copies.

Indy...We didn't have hardly any snow. It came down fast but was gone the next morning. Not even time to take photos

Cuddles...Have they cut your pay along with your hours? The temperature has been in the minus degrees here It was sunny and blue skies today but when l went outside it was chuffing freezing

Dawnie
Old 01-07-2021, 03:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey Poolies!

I meant to drop by yesterday to wish you a Happy Twelfth Night and share a pic of my first galette of the year (homemade, of course ), but I couldn't make time.
I thought that after yesterday's events, you could all do with something sweet to cheer you up a bit...

It was yummy, in case you're wondering

Kimmie
Thanks for the address (and for the smilies), I'll put it to good use

Koob
I got your card a few days ago, I meant to send you a message but since I can do it here --> Thank you!!
Birthday cakes? Hmm guess I could do that, I'll see what I can do.

Indy
It's pretty cold here but no snow. Keep safe and warm.

Cuddles
Missed you, I hope you had a nice vacation.

Ros

I hope you're all doing ok

I'll just huh...
*grabs her sign and starts chanting with Dawn "Lock him/them up!!" (and throw away the key to the bottom of a really deep well)*
Philly & IndyFan's Fellow Kling-on
Proud member of the Celtic circle
Old 01-07-2021, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awwww. Twee came back.
Thank you for the extra treat.
I haven't had galette. Let's all try it.....
Old 01-08-2021, 07:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

Twee glad you came back

Dawn did you wear a jacket

Indy finally got an explanation after all of us questioned her they are changing our hours because students will be starting later if we go to hybrid but I have no idea how that will happen since we are RED the worst as you know.

Everyone please be safe out there
Old 01-08-2021, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So....the school day will start later, but if hybrid you will have different students on different days? I'm not sure what they are trying to do.
Good luck with that, Cuddles!
Old 01-08-2021, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedleD (View Post)

Ros

I hope you're all doing ok
Thank you! Such a sad week. Rioting on both sides does not bring results. It does not heal division. Our freedom and free speech is what makes America so wonderful. We can have respect for others opinions and can agree to disagree over the exchanging of ideas and concepts. We have the right of free speech and the right to protest but when it comes to violence of any kind all is lost. Praying we can find light in the darkness.

Anyway I love the dessert photos. Hope you are all having a great 2021. Glad the weekend is here. Trying to focus on the joy in life.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 01-09-2021, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have a new deer feeding station in my yard. A mother and her twins are here everyday. I've seen an old buck and a young buck. That's probably enough.
I don't have the acreage like my brother in law. He sees 14 at a time.
Old 01-10-2021, 02:26 AM
Addicted Fan

It took 2020 a couple of months to really go bad.
Maybe it'll hang over a couple of months, before things get better?

And I've heard of people getting a little... nutty, after they've had the Wuhan Flu. Wasn't PM Boris Johnson a little off, after his bout? So I'm putting Mr. Trump down as having similar problems.
As for my case of Wuhan Flu, I might be a little nuts... but how could you tell?
Old 01-10-2021, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you are feeling better, Reggie.

It is a frosty morning here, but nothing else new.
We have another week of virtual school, before they decide if it is safe for
students to return next week.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie (View Post)
It took 2020 a couple of months to really go bad.
Maybe it'll hang over a couple of months, before things get better?

And I've heard of people getting a little... nutty, after they've had the Wuhan Flu. Wasn't PM Boris Johnson a little off, after his bout? So I'm putting Mr. Trump down as having similar problems.
As for my case of Wuhan Flu, I might be a little nuts... but how could you tell?
I thought the same thing! Yes there have heard accounts of that being one of the side effects.

It's crazy how this virus can make you do crazy things. So if you are a little off to begin with it can make you worse.

Praying for your recover Reggie

Praying we find a cure soon and that the vaccines work. Stay safe everyone. I hope we never get it.

I found out over the weekend a co worker of mine tested positive. Both her and her husband got it. Thank goodness she is not in the office. She was on maternity leave. The last time I saw her was at the beginning of November. Hope they recover soon. They have a newborn baby.

It's so scary how you don't know who has it or how fast it can spread.

Stay safe everyone!

I was feeling down over the weekend. Trying to find some joy in the winter. I usually get down in the winter after Christmas is over.

I did a game night with friends that helped a lot. It's a roller coaster with emotions sometimes.

I miss seeing my friends in person and my brother and sister in law. Praying 2021 gets better.

I might go ice skating with friends later this month. We can social distance and still have fun.

Stay safe and healthy everyone!
Old 01-11-2021, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ros Mod- It doesn't help that January is so dark. Bleh! The sun was out for an hour on Saturday, and it was such a pick-me-up. I don't do well with dreary, cold days.
I'm always glad when February arrives, and there is a chance for less cloudy days.

I have received the first 3 spring planting catalogs, so looking forward to spring planting in my butterfly meadow.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread