Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2020, 10:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Good luck with the move! Yes we are just reopeing New York.

Looks like I will not be heading back to the office until September! NYC has been really slow with lifting guide lines and my boss wants to be safe. So it looks like September we will be back but on a limited schedule and hours.

I am really happy about that. As much as I miss the office I really enjoy working from home and I don't miss my commute at all.

Plus it gives me more time to relax and enjoy the summer and be with family. I am releived because I am worried about the virus and the thought of heading back to NYC during the phases was so scary to me.

My Grandma is doing well. She is recoving fine.

I hope everyone is doing well! Stay safe!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 06-13-2020, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good to know you will have 6 months off from the office & great to hear that
your grandmother is recovering.

Dawn- Hope your move goes well. Good to hear that you see Andrew. Was that
David Cassidy I bought for him?

Kooba had to cancel her trip, also.

Hopefully our Bunnykins will have some time to hop over to the pool.
Old 06-15-2020, 08:30 AM
Passionate Fan

Erin....I think it's much safer to work from home at the moment. It's nice you get to spend lots of time with your family too. I'm glad your grandmother is getting better. I've got lots of friends here that are still working from home.

They've opened non essential shops in England today and you should of seen the huge queues outside clothing shops on Oxford Street in London. It was absolutely ridiculous 🙄 The Welsh government is still going slowly lifting the lockdown measures which is good l think.

Indy....Yes that's Andrew you got the CD for. You met him that time you came to Wales with Laura and Brigitte. He still remembers you got him that CD that he couldn't get here. I told him l would hopefully see you this year on my trip but that didn't work out

I got another message from our Bunnykins last night so she's doing ok. The Wi-Fi doesn't extend to her room and she's staying in there mostly because it's got a/c and it's hot there.

I need to contact Cuddles because I've no idea if they've gone back to school there. I don't know why she hasn't got Wi-Fi at home so she could post here. Her children live quite far from her so it would be handy to contact them.

Dawnie
Old 06-16-2020, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Clothing stores in Oxford??! That's what people need right away??
Maybe they outgrew everything while they were in, eating.

I don't think Cuddles has gone back to school. That usually happens later in the summer. California is one place that is having "Virus Spikes" so I don't know when she will start again. We have a list of precautions for starting school in August.
Keeping apart and wearing masks doesn't work well with band.
It will be another interesting year.

Sorry we couldn't meet up this month, Dawn. Hi to Andrew.
Old 06-18-2020, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nothing new, Poolies?

I dug up and transplanted over 20 Milkweed plants; hoping they will grow.
It's hard to get them to grow in a new place. I really want them for Monarch
Butterflies.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Oh Monarch butterflies are wonderful! I saw a few back in March near my work. We have a garden a few blocks down that they go to for the flowers and it was lovely to see them.

NYC is starting to open back up again. I am still worried about a second wave in the fall. Still woring from home.

I had Pizza ordered for the first time tonight and it was heaven. Slowly but surely we are getting back to normal.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 06-20-2020, 12:56 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyFan (View Post)
Nothing new, Poolies?

I dug up and transplanted over 20 Milkweed plants; hoping they will grow.
It's hard to get them to grow in a new place. I really want them for Monarch
Butterflies.
Can't you just collect the seeds, and plant them wherever? Save some this year, for next year!
Old 06-20-2020, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That could be option B, but I'm going for plants right now.
So many Milkweed along the roads get mowed down, so seeds are hard to find.
It's a tricky plant to get started.

Ros Mod- glad you enjoyed pizza. I'm hesitant about going back to school.
Don't really trust that the virus will be gone.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this time of year: sun up by 6 am & daylight until 9:30 pm.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Me too I love the summer! My 96 year old Grandma hates it but she is happy to be enjoying the sun.

She has come a long way with her hip surgery and stroke. She is still in recovery but she is so happy to be home with us and is slowly getting better. Thank you for the prayers and good vibes.

Keeping busy working from home and taking some summer classes to fill up the time. After a while there is only so much TV or Netflix you can watch.

Hope to read and wrok on my fan fic more if I have the time.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad your grandma is doing better; good that she didn't have to be in the hospital long, during a pandemic.

It finally rained here, so my plants are looking better.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Indy....The queues were outside the shops on Oxford Street in London not in the city of Oxford. That's where Lisse lives.

Erin...I'm glad your grandmother is doing so well. 96 is a good age. I lost mine when she was 93

No other news from me. The weather has improved this week. It's gone from monsoon season to very sunny and temperatures in the low 30's That's about 90 degrees to you lot.

I've had electric roller shutter doors fixed into the wall of my garden in my parents house. When l move in there l can press the button and the door will open and l can drive in and park my car in the garden

Dawnie
Old 06-23-2020, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're up late, Dawn.
Glad the house is coming along, so you can move in.
You'll need to send me your new address.
Old 06-26-2020, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I found out a girl Renata that I knew died this week. It was so shocking to get the news. I didn't know her well but we had some mutual friends. I am not sure if she died of COVID19 or from something else. It was so shocking to get the news. She was in her late 30's.

The last time I saw her was at a New Years Eve party I went to in NYC. We even have photos together.

She was so sweet and nice. It is so sad she is gone. My prayers are with her and her family.

Too many people I know have died this year and in these past few months from this virus.

My prayers are with you all who have lost loved one. I hope we find a cure soon.

Stay safe everyone!

Thank you Danuck Yes my Grandma amazes me every day I am so blessed she is here and I that I get to spend time with her.

Indyfan glad the house is doing well.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry about your friend, RosMod. Covid is still bad in the country.

I've had 2 little boys here, so very busy. They will be back for a week in July.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread