Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2005, 10:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow's Luv
Settled ~ Have fun at stateline, are you going to ride the rollercoaster?
NOT ME!

O.K....off to bed cause I'm up at 5:00 a.m. for an early meeting that I have to go too. O W E L L

See ya all Sunday
Old 05-12-2005, 10:34 PM
Elite Fan

all

For those that live out near Burbank, CA you might want to check out something I found. There is going to be a LOST Convention there with special guests such as Emilie De Ravin, Jorge Garcia, and much more. I am seriously considering going. Its taking place the weekend of June 11th at the Hilton Airport & Convention Center. You can check out lostfanclub.com for more info

Other than that, I must head to bed, gotta be up at 8
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Old 05-12-2005, 11:15 PM
Supreme Fan

I just got that e-mail from Creation Entertainment too, Jenn! They put on the HUGE Star Trek Convention In Vegas every year.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:20 AM
Master Fan

I'm in a rush, but MORNING and HAPPY TGIF to all of your

Jenn nice pics

Settled cool on daughter coming home!

LTL, Dawn, Vicki, Groundhog...:ook: Ummm everybody

That is it for me....the kiddies call and I'm out of here.

Have a great one all

Lori
Old 05-13-2005, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Morning Ya'll.

Have a good day guys!
Old 05-13-2005, 09:37 AM
Addicted Fan

Hey everyone.

Thought I had better pop in while computer is working. It's still got the same problem, whatever that is, and I don't know if this will post or not. It opens, then immediately closes some websites with some crazy error message. ie, "Extenal exception E607363". Sometime the number is different.

Judy says I should take it back and get it fixed, but I'm not sure if the guy knows how to fix it. Her computer has a bad mother board according to him.

later, maybe.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

BE... It sounds like a browser problem or perhaps a firewll problem. Have you tried or are you using Firefox? There is a newer version availible that fixes the security flaws that were recently found.
Are you operating with a firewall?

I fell into those eyes and haven't found my way out.... Please... Don't send help.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Dreamer4Ever - tell me. How much does it cost to use the T-Mobile HotSpot at Starbucks? I sure don't want to sign up for another monthly bill. But it is convenient to go to a Starbucks when travelling.

LTL - Yeah. Pretty good to have two young guys willing to accompany this 70 year old! I've never gone to an UFO convention so I'm looking forward to it! Bud Hopkins (?) the guy who has interviewed and hypnotized many alleged abductees will be speaking as well as Peter Davenport who runs the National UFO center.

SPAM - I got anew Mac laptop in January. After downloading the photos from my camera (while at the Genius Bar in the Apple Store) the technician asked if he could erase my card. I said "yes." Only problem is that now my camera says there is a card error and it won't work.. I took it to the camera store and they told me that on the older digitals the camera doesn't automatically reformat and that I'd have to buy a new card. Guess this means I can never erase the card again with the computer and will have to do it one at a time in the camera. An expensive blunder. Drat!

6th Rock - I'm a day late. Hope you stop by to gather up the birthday wishes! Know you are busy, but hope you will post once in a while. You are missed. Hope the day was greeeeeaaat!
Old 05-13-2005, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

Can't you reformat the card in the camera?
I don't recall which model Olympus you bought but the Co's 550 will format in camera.
When you buy a new card you'd have to format it or the camera automatically formats it.
Take a look at the format you camera gives the next one you buy and just copy that same format onto the old one and try it again.

I fell into those eyes and haven't found my way out.... Please... Don't send help.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigspam
BE... It sounds like a browser problem or perhaps a firewll problem. Have you tried or are you using Firefox? There is a newer version availible that fixes the security flaws that were recently found.
Are you operating with a firewall?
Spam, I had Norton's firewall when the problem first appeared, but the computer repairman replaced it with Microsoft's firewall. It doesn't appear to be a firewall problem; however, NEVER say never.
I found a problem in my email (not the original problem) - a file that was attached to a response from Panda antivirus (I had emailed them about my problems using my old computer.) Once I deleted that email it us working (for now.) Don't know what was in the file or it's attachement. The repairman installed Panda in place of my Norton SystemWorks (because he liked it.) SW included my ad blocker, popup blocker, antivirus, the repair tools and many other things. Now, I'm getting all those stupid ads and popups. Since I have a years subscription already paid for with norton, I think I will go back to it, knowing that I cannot have spybot or adaware loaded on this computer while I'm using any Norton products. (They aren't compatible on this machine.)

Thanks anyway and if I still have problems I will be trying firefox.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Happy Friday all.

Today is my brothers birthday. He is 27! That makes me feel old....a good ripe old 29.

Back to playing....

I hope everyone had a great day.

q
Old 05-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Supreme Fan

I am with Spam on Firefox. It's the best browser around! I also Love Norton products. I've tried others and they gave me nothing but trouble.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

BE I use Firefox and Norton as well with no problems.

quinn, Vicki, Spam, Jason's Lover, Nana

I've had a good day but I'm still having those anxiety sensations. I guess I'll call the Doctor on Monday.
Had an email debate with 'D' over the original 'Star Wars' along with a few other debates
And no, we didn't have any students while doing it

Off to write.

Later!

Lori
Old 05-13-2005, 04:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Spam - I have the D-490 Olympus. The guy at the camera store tried to reformat it in the camera but was unsuccessful. I will take your advice and copy what the new card shows to see if I can work with the old cards, but it won't be until next month. Not buying any extras this month! (A royalty check of mine got lost and it will take time to get it replaced. So much for extras!) Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 05-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Master Fan

Nana... You can most likely buy 4x the memory for 1/2 the cost now.
$8-10 for a 256M card.

BE... You may want to look at NOD32 for antivirus software.
I've been testing it on one machine. It doesn't suck up half the resources like Norton does.

Current version of Firefox is 1.0.4

Closed Thread   Post New Thread