Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2004, 12:04 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LTL:
<STRONG>

I Am Breakout Bat!

I am an abstract sort of creature, who dislikes any sort of restraint. If you try to pigeonhole me, I'll break the box, and come back for more. I don't have any particular ambitions, I just drift, but I am adept at keeping life going along.
</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That's the one I got too! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2004, 04:30 AM
Elite Fan

Hej! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Descending on L.A....
we are gonna play...
scoping out the bars...
and bowling with the stars...
cruising on Sunset...
we'll have the best time yet...
gonna raise some dough for Zeke...
it's gonna be an awesome week!
Old 01-24-2004, 07:41 AM
LTL
Master Fan

Morning, all! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I was having a very complex sci-fi dream right before I woke up, and I thought it would make a great story, but -- poof! -- all I can remember is an alien that looked sort of like Clem from Buffy. The BAT thread must have been my inspiration. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Kay: Nice pic of Brendan and the fave shirt! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hej, Nosee! Been talking to Maxi lately?

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] jero, Lori, Vicki, WildH!

Gotta start the usual Saturday dren. [img]smilies/ufo.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2004, 09:52 AM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I'm

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

(If you were not Mario you would be a Death Chase Rider)

I am a Death Chase Rider.

I enjoy taking risks, and I get kicks from speed, danger, and death-defying stunts. I drink and drive, I bungee jump, I snowboard, with no regard for my own life, or the lives of those who stand in my way. Trees? I laugh at trees!

(NOT!!!!!!!!) Doesn't sound like me at all.

Hmmmmmm.......

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

q
Old 01-24-2004, 09:52 AM
LTL
Master Fan

I was cleaning up some papers and found a Parade article on stress, and it said that women feel more stress than men because they're more likely to be multi-tasking, caretaking for others, feel more vulnerable physically than men do, and also are subject to more cultural pressures.

"In order for a woman to consider herself happy, she has to be in a good relationship, be happy with her kids, her friends have to like her, her job has to be going well, her house has to look really good -- and she has to be thin."

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

(Whereas, you give a man a beer and a football game, and it's, "What? Me worry?")

The article also said that in a survey after 9/11, women in the Washington, DC, area reacted to the sound of F-16s flying overhead with fear and dread, while men tended to regard it as a "soft purr" that made them feel safer. I was definitely in the "dread" category.

[ 01-24-2004: Message edited LTL ]
Old 01-24-2004, 11:10 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LTL:
<STRONG>
"In order for a woman to consider herself happy, she has to be in a good relationship, be happy with her kids, her friends have to like her, her job has to be going well, her house has to look really good --and she has to be thin."

(Whereas, you give a man a beer and a football game, and it's, "What? Me worry?")
</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] LTL So true isn't it? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] The one that really struck me was the 'house has to look good' part [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I hate it when my house is a mess! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It's a disease!

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Heya Everyone [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Just checking in [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

So, how is our Gutter Geeks Team doing on getting their donation money in for BAT? Don't forget ALL the money has to be in by Friday January 30th for it count for picking any celebs! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Well, gotta get moving, my house is a mess with me being home sick and getting back to work this week I didn't feel like cleaning. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Have a great day Everyone [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2004, 11:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] morning [img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img] is that you? You look different some how. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2004, 12:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Afternoon! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

the computer is loaded up at home... just need to organize my genealogy info so i can re-input it into the program [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

no internet yet - waiting on parts here at work so they can come install it... no worries - the puter is not where it's going to be anyway... right now it's on my scrapbook desk... after the BAT going to buy a proper desk for it and it'll be nearer the windo for my wireless access..

so one more month of coming to the office - no biggy [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Glad [img]smilies/cat.gif[/img] will be home soon!

off to find out which character i am [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] i love quizzes!!
Old 01-24-2004, 12:22 PM
Loyal Fan

It's kinda funny that we're all the same characters when there's sooo many answers!

I'm a Mario too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

But I liked this character [this was the only game i was good at!]:
Quote:
I am Centipede.

I wander back and forth minding my own business, changing directions only when things get in my way, but I always seem to be persecuted. It's as if people want to hurt me, to cut me in two, to laugh at my confusion. Can't you just leave me alone? Stop shooting me!
Old 01-24-2004, 12:32 PM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi

I'm clueless as usual. Work is hell as usual. I'm fed up with the &#$* cold. You know, the average person would lose wait with stress - why am I gaining?? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Enough about me, how's everyone else doing? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

LTL ~ I need a good read for the plane, what's the name of the fic you just started with the dancing instruction?

Settled ~ I sent my money for the BAT last week [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly.

Off to make coffee & catch up [img]smilies/ufo.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2004, 01:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hello everyone

I should be working but I feel much more like playing. Luckily the work I have to do this weekend isn't that hard...I have to go thru my CD collection and find some music to use in a video project that I'm helping to edit.

I'm off to read the last couple of pages of the last thread (and find Lori's update on [img]smilies/cat.gif[/img] ) and then figure out something else to do to avoid working [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 01-24-2004: Message edited Covina Guy ]
Old 01-24-2004, 01:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, i just added more comments on the BAT board - the camera issue still rolls on....
Old 01-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Howdy, you and Guest made some good points. Obviously other people agree with you, especially on the candids. Keep on stirring the pot. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Happy Saturday. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/silver_hand.gif[/img]

Light travels faster than sound. That’s why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:27 PM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img] ~ [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] I'll keep you in my thoughts.

What a great list of celebs for the BAT! This is going to be sooo much fun [img]smilies/slinkie.gif[/img]

Lori ~ Your Nickypoo is coming, you must be thrilled. I hate having my pic taken but I had one with Nick last year just to have his arm around me [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Spam ~ Your mind is made up I guess.

WildH ~ Josh is such a cutie! Seeing him on Vegas and the promos for WADWTH, it struck me that he didn't really get to smile a lot on AMC and he has a great smile.

[ 01-24-2004: Message edited Oceana ]
Old 01-24-2004, 03:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hewwo my wonderful freinds! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

SO glad to be home! Woo Hoo! Of course I hopped right on the puter! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I stiill have to go back to the last thread and catch up...

What pretty kitties [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] Thanks for all the hugs and thoughts! It was so fun to talk with LTL and Lori! Yall sounded different in my head... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

My hospital room was very nice! Hardwood floors and louvered shutters! [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]
I was in the general neuro ward... My Doc wants a follow-up visit in a month and wants me to start on Betaseron... A every-other-day injection *shudder* that costs more than I make! Seriously! Medicaid now says you can't work at all to qualify for it... But I've got to have that medicine to hopefully slow down the progression of the MS... *heavy sigh*

It'll all work out... C'est la vie!

BBS
[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread