Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2018, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

The downfall of Photobucket was so bizarre and unfortunate!

Season 2 is probably my favorite for M&M. Michael matured so much and he grew past the stage of being afraid to commit to Maria. He wanted to be her Everything.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-30-2018, 04:18 AM
Passionate Fan

I know, on the whole I loved season 2 it was so good for Michael and Maria. The only thing I hated was Alex's death and the strange Tess killed Alex story. But everything else was grand.

M&M were rock solid.

I can't believe what has happened to photobucket. I used to actually have a paid account years ago, but I won't be paying them again that's for sure.

{Kate}
Old 03-30-2018, 10:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylittlecandygirl (View Post)
I know, on the whole I loved season 2 it was so good for Michael and Maria. The only thing I hated was Alex's death and the strange Tess killed Alex story. But everything else was grand.

M&M were rock solid.

I can't believe what has happened to photobucket. I used to actually have a paid account years ago, but I won't be paying them again that's for sure.
What's weird is that I used to put the pics for the opening posts on Photobucket. After what happened, I started to move them elsewhere but I did it for 2 opening posts and not the rest (I think). Still, the pics show up, don't know why.

Ahhh, Kate, that's a lovely art, I'm glad you have returned to make them. I had saved plenty of the ones you had made, in the past . Have you saved the pics MD and BF had posted, for B+T? They are both so gorgeous, they age very well, I think.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 03-30-2018, 11:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks Mag, I've saved the promotional pictures for B+T. And some of the screencaps from the promo. Honestly, they are an absolute dream. I never thought we would see Brendan and Majandra working together again even though we always hoped for it. The promotional pictures, and the promo of them on 285 South in the car... They are still so Michael and Maria. It's amazing.

Made this one today, the inspiration for it was from B+T and what I was just saying... They are Michael and Maria in another life.

{Kate}
Old 03-30-2018, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Many of my favorite M&M scenes are from Season 2 Nothing beats Michael finally allowing Maria to look into his mind and she sees herself as the center of his world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylittlecandygirl (View Post)

Alex's death was awful but wow, what a great episode! The performances from everyone - especially Shiri, Majandra and Katherine - were extraordinary.

I still think making Tess the killer was an impulsive choice by the writers to back up the backlash towards her from *certain* viewers I didn't like it, because they humanized Tess when she moved in with Kyle and his dad. She stopped focusing on winning Max over and starting focusing on her life in Roswell. Making her the killer was a cheap shot and really destroyed the character development she'd had. Although they did make it clear it was more of an accidental death than Tess intending to harm him. She was extracting info from him (but she shouldn't have been doing that at all).
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-30-2018, 11:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas
I still think making Tess the killer was an impulsive choice by the writers to back up the backlash towards her from *certain* viewers I didn't like it, because they humanized Tess when she moved in with Kyle and his dad. She stopped focusing on winning Max over and starting focusing on her life in Roswell. Making her the killer was a cheap shot and really destroyed the character development she'd had. Although they did make it clear it was more of an accidental death than Tess intending to harm him. She was extracting info from him (but she shouldn't have been doing that at all).
Yeah, I'm in total agreement with you. It was weird and impulsive. They spent the first half of the season making Tess more likeable, human and relatable and then suddenly she's this caricature murderer out of nowhere. It didn't make sense, her murdering Alex or her mindwarping him into translating the book. If she had asked him he would have done it to help.

I think what happened was that they had a couple of problems. The first was that Colin Hanks was leaving so had to be written out, the second was that they were coming to the end of the season and nobody knew if they were coming back and the third was that Dreamers were in uproar. Max and Liz were broken up, and Max was getting closer to Tess... They had to get M&L back together somehow before the end of the season. So the end result was them trying to kill lots of birds with one stone and it was quite obvious.

{Kate}
Old 03-30-2018, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Colin asked if he could guest star when the WB aka CW asked him to leave. They thought Colin as going to have a big movie career and wouldn't have time to do the show.

Colin told them he loved Roswell and still wanted to be apart of it and guest star. However the writers killed him off the show. I also heard that Emilie had no idea she was leaving the show until she met with Katism and other writers. She left the meeting crying and was crushed that her character was made evil!

Personally I blame the writers and the WB aka CW for treating the cast the way they did. They ahd no idea that Roswell was going to get a season 3 and on a new network. So clearly you can tell they didn't care any more about the story line being they thought the show after season 2 was over.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 03-31-2018, 02:02 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00
Colin asked if he could guest star when the WB aka CW asked him to leave. They thought Colin as going to have a big movie career and wouldn't have time to do the show.

Colin told them he loved Roswell and still wanted to be apart of it and guest star. However the writers killed him off the show. I also heard that Emilie had no idea she was leaving the show until she met with Katism and other writers. She left the meeting crying and was crushed that her character was made evil!
They made a big mistake, can you imagine how awesome it would have been if Alex wasn't killed off and was allowed to guest star? And I don't just mean the nonsense that he turned up for in season 3 which was basically just to make Isabel feel better about marrying Jesse.

I had never heard that about Emilie De Ravin, that is so sad.
Quote:
Personally I blame the writers and the WB aka CW for treating the cast the way they did. They ahd no idea that Roswell was going to get a season 3 and on a new network. So clearly you can tell they didn't care any more about the story line being they thought the show after season 2 was over.
Totally, they didn't think that they were coming back and tried to fix everything with one big plot device.

{Kate}
Old 03-31-2018, 08:04 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I had heard about Colin wanting to work on another show or movie and that he didn't want to be out of Roswell. Not sure why the writers and the CW didn't accept him working on another show. Now, it's common. I remember that Teri Hatcher was working on both Lois and Clark and a James Bond movie at the same time. And while she was pregnant!

Emilie managed to land great acting job, with Lost and another show (that I never saw but I know it lasted quite a few seasons).

Kate - gorgeous art, you still have the magic touch .

Yeah, it's incredible that MD and BF could potentially be working again together. I really wish they will, they have a pilot, they have ideas, they have connections... of course, it would mean for a network to take a chance on people who are new at writing and producing, though, maybe that's why the networks are, let's say, wary. I Wonder if MD and BF don't need an experienced director and producer on board with their project. It would help at least getting a pilot.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 03-31-2018, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad that both Colin and Emilie are still actively working, at the very least! But it totally sucks how that all went down

And I agree that season two M&M was great/gave us alot of good stuff to work with. But tbh I kind of loved them through all three seasons, angst and all.

Old 03-31-2018, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I am glad the cast is still really close despite all of the drama the WB aka CW network gave them back in the day.

I am sure it was not easy being on a new network when your fellow cast mates who were with you at the beginning are not there.

I am glad the cast is still so close and wants to work on projects together like Brendan and Majandra!

I am glad the cast as found success!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 04-01-2018, 01:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

PICK UP BARON AND TOLUCA ALREADY!

I love the 285 South in-joke from the preview trailer:

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-01-2018, 03:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Fanforum seems to be having an episode this morning. I had to find the Roswell forum through Fan Extras. If you click on Past Shows, you get Female Celebrities instead. Very strange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag
Kate - gorgeous art, you still have the magic touch .

Yeah, it's incredible that MD and BF could potentially be working again together. I really wish they will, they have a pilot, they have ideas, they have connections... of course, it would mean for a network to take a chance on people who are new at writing and producing, though, maybe that's why the networks are, let's say, wary. I Wonder if MD and BF don't need an experienced director and producer on board with their project. It would help at least getting a pilot.
Thanks Mag. And yes, I so hope it gets picked up by somebody but even if it doesn't I'll be happy with what we've got. The trailer and the promo pics are more than I thought we would ever get and I love them so much. I think if it had a bigger name attached to it it would probably have more of a chance at getting picked up, that's true. But honestly, I think all it needs is somebody to have a closer look and give it a chance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury
I'm glad that both Colin and Emilie are still actively working, at the very least! But it totally sucks how that all went down
I know, at least they have really good careers now and it didn't stop them.

I that gif and that scene. I love the trailer in general.

Is that car actually a Jetta too?

{Kate}
Old 04-01-2018, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag (View Post)
GrangerDanger - Hello and welcome on the candy thread. I have added you to the list, you are number 501 on the list. Can you believe that we have 500 names on that list??? You're an Hannah-Caleb fan? I was, too. I can't stomach the last season of PLL. Not just because of... you know what couple I mean, but the story was bad. I mean, it was rather cliché, huh?

Anyway, welcome here in candy paradise.
Thanks! Yeah I haven't been on fan forum in years and I also stopped watching PLL in the beginning of season 3 so I have no clue what happens afterwards. But I heard it was a lot of rubbish.

To me it seems like there's much more BS for ships in general nowadays, but back when I had all my old WB series to watch, if something bad happened to a ship it *usually* made sense writing wise. It's hard to get invested with all the fan service writers adapt to.

Anyway, I just keep watching all my favorite Candy scenes and I continue to have my recurring thoughts of how Roswell should have had at least six seasons so we could have had more M&M. Three seasons doesn't suffice. I've resorted to reading the books for first time. I heard they were good, but different.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes the Roswell High books are really good. I enjoyed them because it was like reading fan fic. I enjoyed the storylines and we got to learn more about characters past. In one book they talked about Maria's dad and how I think she meets him after he left.

Glad you stopped by!

I agree today it is the ship of the week. There is no plot line what so ever. There are no more couples to root for and in the end you are lucky if they end up together but usually that is flat as well.

I loved how like you said if there were hard times there was a reason. Then when they made it throught the hard times it made it that much sweeter.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread