Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2017, 07:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, they dated while the show was on the air and for a little bit afterwards. People (mostly Candies of course ) were obsessed with them as a couple. I believe that the shipper name for Brendan/Majandra was Egyptians because people were in denial when they broke up.

{Kate}
Old 08-29-2017, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylittlecandygirl (View Post)
Yeah, they dated while the show was on the air and for a little bit afterwards. People (mostly Candies of course ) were obsessed with them as a couple. I believe that the shipper name for Brendan/Majandra was Egyptians because people were in denial when they broke up.
Oh god, I had forgotten that! Honestly, I never understood people shipping real life people. Even real couples. It's a bit. I don't know, a question of privacy for me, maybe. Shipping fictional characters is much more easy and natural.

Egyptians, I really had forgotten about them .

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 08-29-2017, 09:01 AM
Passionate Fan

I know!! Understandably, it was a long time ago.

I'm not one for shipping real people together. I liked it when Brendan and Majandra were together purely for the extra pictures we got of them together.

{Kate}
Old 08-29-2017, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I learned my lesson for shipping real life people. I was a shipper on the Twilight Board of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. The shipping short of went with the Twilight board in a way.

I loved them together and I loved them as Edward and Bella but the gossip mag drama got to be too much for me with the scandels. Plus added to the drama on the Twilight boards when stories broke out. it was crazy. (If you were on the boards with me during that time you understand.)

I don't wish anything bad to happen to them. I felt bad they were too young when the fame hit them.Plus it really opened my eyes to how the gossip mags are crazy and can twist the truth or will go at nothing to get a story and how privacy is not respected when you are famous.

I am glad they worked together during that time making Twilight and them as Edward and Bella but I learned not to ship real life people too much.

I now enjoyed saying about real life people oh they would be great together, or they are really cute, or it would be cool for them to work together.

But I can't get invested like I did with Twilight real life shippers. It was insane that period of time on the boards.

I love Brendan and Majandra. I love how they did date but I love even more that they are amazing friends even to this day!

It just got to show you how once in a while an ex could become a good friend.

I love how they respect one another and I love how Majandra was the one to introduce Brendan to his wife and I love how Brendan is always supportive of her husband and kids.

I love how they want to work together again.

That is why the M&M ship is one ship I can get behind both on screen and off screen!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 08-30-2017, 02:07 AM
Passionate Fan

I never shipped Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart together, but I understood why people did. But yeah, real life shipping gets really nutty. I think a lot of assumptions are made about what their lives are like and it can lead to disappointment when their relationship breaks down.

With Brendan and Majandra, of course I liked it when they were together but I didn't get invested in their relationship. They were very young when they dated, and it's very rare that you end up with the person that you were with at that age (especially in their line of work, unfortunately.) But I think it's awesome that they are still friends and can look back at that time with fondness.

Speaking of real life shipping... I read a One Direction (the boy band) shipping fanfic once that paired two of them together. It was one of the most bizarre things that I've ever read.

{Kate}
Old 08-30-2017, 09:26 AM
Elite Fan

I agree that their dating at least brought us lots of nice pictures, which weren't official tv show pictures, so it was nice. And it helped to make great fanarts, too! hey, talking about fanarts, do you still make them, Kate, for M&M or other couples?

Old 08-30-2017, 09:57 AM
Passionate Fan

Not at the moment Magali, but I do want to start doing it again because I miss it. I've changed computers again so lost my copy of photoshop but if I can find another copy I am going to start doing some soon.

It will be mostly Roswell and The Walking Dead I think.

And yeah, that's the main reason I loved their period together. The extra photos for fanarts!!

{Kate}
Old 08-31-2017, 09:14 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
I'm in love with her beach house It looks amazing!
And wow, that's awesome that there are potentially new Candy writers!
Hey Guys! Sorry I never posted about the #GOT #BandT on your mind campaign article and info on here. I had a lot going on but I hope that and know that some of you participated.

Yes new candy writers I noticed have come on the rise since B+T.

So I went to roswellardor and the vacation candy fic I was talking about is called

"A DETOUR FROM VEGAS". (Roswell Ardor Fan Fiction Forum)

It's been getting some hype so feel free to go there and review. Maybe it will encourage the new writers to branch out and post on other roswell fanfic sites?

Haha did you guys see Majandra's instagram post lately. Brendan commented and thought the picture was of thank you cards.... guess again brendan ;-)

Hope you all are having a great day!

~nomi
Old 08-31-2017, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

n

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylittlecandygirl (View Post)
Not at the moment Magali, but I do want to start doing it again because I miss it. I've changed computers again so lost my copy of photoshop but if I can find another copy I am going to start doing some soon.

It will be mostly Roswell and The Walking Dead I think.

And yeah, that's the main reason I loved their period together. The extra photos for fanarts!!
Some of my favorite "M&M"pictures were actually BF and MD pics. And I've got to admit thayt the promo pics for B+T were gorgeous. But then, they ARE both gorgeous, even years later. Talk about having good genes to age that well .

Old 08-31-2017, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey, guys! Sorry I haven't been around a whole lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by podmom (View Post)
I can't believe I didn't know Brendan and Majandra dated! I don't know how I missed that
Oh my god, this was my life back in the day. I don't really ship real life people, really, but . . . yeah, I definitely didn't hate the fact that they were dating, let's put it that way.

I thought they were called Egyptians because they denied that they were together a lot. Or at least were very reluctant to come out and confirm it. (Understandable.)
ICON
Old 08-31-2017, 09:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Oh yes real life fan fic stories are always interesting.

Yes Podmom Brendan and Majandra dated but they were so private about it. Also keep in mind this was way before Socia Media was main stream so it was private for the most part.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 09-01-2017, 11:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag
Some of my favorite "M&M"pictures were actually BF and MD pics. And I've got to admit thayt the promo pics for B+T were gorgeous. But then, they ARE both gorgeous, even years later. Talk about having good genes to age that well .
I know, mine too!! And yeah, the B&T promotional pictures are gorgeous. And are made even better because they are in front of Vasquez Rocks. And Brendan's hairstyle... It's literally like they are Michael and Maria again, just older.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00
Yes Podmom Brendan and Majandra dated but they were so private about it. Also keep in mind this was way before Socia Media was main stream so it was private for the most part.
I miss the days before social media, we all still knew what was going on and who was dating who except everything was a lot less crazy.

{Kate}
Old 09-02-2017, 09:25 AM
Elite Fan

Since I'm not on social medias, I don't feel concerned. Well, I have a Facebook account, but I don't use it. It's mostly so that the employment agency is happy, god knows why .

We should post old BF and MD pictures. Anyone up for it?

Old 09-04-2017, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm always up for old photos!

Old 09-05-2017, 08:47 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, me too. I've been super busy these last days, but I'll upload pics on imgur soon. All my pics were on Photobucket, so I suppose my old pics there are gone? Since I'm not a paying member.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread