Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2017, 11:23 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

It could also of been the network trying to get a new fan base. They also had new writers as well. So maybe they were trying to make it more teenage drama then scifi drama.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 04-30-2017, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

hey guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckylena (View Post)
IndieVue.com Presents Live and Interactive Session with Brendan Fehr and Majandra Delfino
=> http://**************/news/2017/04/i...andra-delfino/

At least we will get new photos
Old 05-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure angel (View Post)
hey guys

At least we will get new photos
The link doesn't work for me. What does it say? I hope if there are pictures, some will post them here.

Quote:
I feel like they rushed to fix Michael and Maria by the end, but luckily, the writing for them in the series finale was so on-point by Katims that it's not really worth complaining about. Michael's whole goodbye speech to Maria on the motorbike was heartfelt and beautiful.
At least, Graduation, for M&M, mirrored Departure. Michael stayed for Maria in Departure, and Maria left everything for a life of danger on the road for Michael.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 05-01-2017, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad it seems like the project isn't totally dead

Old 05-01-2017, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

here:

Quote:
IndieVue.com Presents Live and Interactive Session with Brendan Fehr and Majandra Delfino

Please mark your calendars and save the date for IndieVue’s Live and Interactive session with Brendan Fehr and Majandra Delfino. Based in Toronto, IndieVue.com is a platform that is described as “Netflix meets Spotify for short, doc and animated films.”

The event will be streamed on May 15th at 9 PM EST.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What is this exactly? Whatever it is, I have it on my calendar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
I have nothing against Jesse and I have a lot of respect for the way they developed his character from a straight-edged lawyer / law-abiding citizen to loving Isabel so much that he facilitated their escape in the series finale. However, I was disappointed with the lack of focus on other main characters who weren't Isabel in the early episodes of S3.
Same. I'm kind of indifferent about Jesse, so that doesn't help. It's weird, because the show had these hugely popular four characters and two much-loved ships between ML and MM. And it totally put the focus on Isabel. Not that Isabel wasn't popular, but . . . there was definitely a core four.

Quote:
I'm not saying that Season 3 destroyed Michael/Maria to the point of no return, but look at that episode where she's invited to New York for her singing career. She seeks out Michael, has sex with him, then doesn't respect his advice when he tries to warn her about the dangers of travelling without knowing more about the music industry. She became very self-centered and put Michael's concern down to jealousy. I didn't appreciate that at all.
I see what you're saying more now.

The episode you're referring to is actually one that I've gone back and re-evaluated a lot over the years. I, like most people, sympathize so much with poor Michael, and no, it's definitely not Maria's most shining hour. I do kind of . . . get it, though. She breaks up with Michael to pursue her dreams, and then all of a sudden her dreams are able to happen. She gets caught up in it, gets tunnel vision towards it. And as exciting as it is for her . . . she still does love Michael, she still wants him, still wants to sleep with him. Not that I condone that or am trying to excuse it or anything. But in my mind, at least, I can explain it without excusing it. And I think it's relatable.

Quote:
But even Liz points it out in the finale - Maria can't make up her mind about anything. One minute she wants out of the alien drama, the next minute she wants in. Maria wanted it both ways and kept sending Michael mixed messages about their future together. Sometimes you couldn't even tell if they were still together or not. Like when Michael turns bad and yells at her for not loving him enough - she's all defensive, even though he has a good point. And the part where they visited a tarot reader about their future... Where did that come from, on Maria's part? Her entire character motivations in Season 3 were unclear, and I put that down to poorly constructed writing.
True enough. If you think of it that way, it kind of mirrors Michael a bit in season two. He keeps telling Maria they're not together, but he's laboring away over her Christmas present and getting jealous of her and Brody and . . . watching people have sex in the hardware store with her. I think there are definitely plenty of times in season two where you can't tell whether they're together or not. And to be honest, I kind of always liked that about them. Because they were never really with anyone else. There was this constant loyalty to each other.

Just a random thought . . . Michael never found out (at least not on screen) that Billy kissed Maria, did he?
ICON
Old 05-02-2017, 12:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)

Just a random thought . . . Michael never found out (at least not on screen) that Billy kissed Maria, did he?
I don't think he ever did. If he had, Billy would have never made it out of Roswell alive.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Ooh, I'm looking forward to that Brendan and Majandra event! Thanks for the info Sounds as if the BARON AND TOLUCA show might finally be getting picked up by Netflix, fingers crossed

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Same. I'm kind of indifferent about Jesse, so that doesn't help. It's weird, because the show had these hugely popular four characters and two much-loved ships between ML and MM. And it totally put the focus on Isabel. Not that Isabel wasn't popular, but . . . there was definitely a core four.
It's years later and I STILL don't know how I feel about Jesse I feel bad for Adam Rodriguez, because he had big shoes to fill when Colin was killed off and fans were grieving for the loss of Alex/Isabel. There were times I liked Jesse (he was funny in the Bewitched dream-like episode) and times where he was moody/bland. He did the best he could, I guess.

I always wondered how Maria and Liz really felt about Jesse I mean, Isabel was still in pain over the loss of Alex, as were they. Did they feel as if Isabel moved on too soon? It's a difficult subject.

Quote:
I see what you're saying more now.

The episode you're referring to is actually one that I've gone back and re-evaluated a lot over the years. I, like most people, sympathize so much with poor Michael, and no, it's definitely not Maria's most shining hour. I do kind of . . . get it, though. She breaks up with Michael to pursue her dreams, and then all of a sudden her dreams are able to happen. She gets caught up in it, gets tunnel vision towards it. And as exciting as it is for her . . . she still does love Michael, she still wants him, still wants to sleep with him. Not that I condone that or am trying to excuse it or anything. But in my mind, at least, I can explain it without excusing it. And I think it's relatable.
Maria was definitely still at that age where she was trying to figure out where to go next in life

But it was SO close to the type of behavior that Joey Potter displayed on Dawson's Creek that it made me cringe. Joey became insufferable in that show. I think Maria, thankfully, had her moments where she was herself rather than whoever Billy was trying to force her to be and I think her friendship with Liz kept her grounded more than anything. But when Michael turned ~bad~ when he became King, I understood his anger towards Maria. The way she had dealt with their break-up after he had stayed on Earth for her, it just seemed very insensitive.

Quote:
True enough. If you think of it that way, it kind of mirrors Michael a bit in season two. He keeps telling Maria they're not together, but he's laboring away over her Christmas present and getting jealous of her and Brody and . . . watching people have sex in the hardware store with her. I think there are definitely plenty of times in season two where you can't tell whether they're together or not. And to be honest, I kind of always liked that about them. Because they were never really with anyone else. There was this constant loyalty to each other.
Wow, that's actually a good point

Sometimes I forget how unfair Michael was being to Maria after he broke up with her in the Season 1 finale. Yeah, I thought he was cruel to her earlier on in Season 2. Pushing her away when she was begging him to talk to her... You're right in that it's very similar to Maria in Season 3.

Quote:
It was sort of implied in the Graduation episode that Michael DID find out. Remember when he says to Maria "you're the one who broke up with me, five minutes after sucking face with your ex-boyfriend"
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-02-2017, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Back to B&T for a sec - does that mean they will be here in Toronto??

Old 05-03-2017, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Here is the official synopsis of the show BARON AND TOLUCA, according to IndieVue ~

Quote:
Jake Baron and Toluca Mendez, former stars of the cheesy 90’s WB show Alien Advocates, find themselves caught up in a real-life paranormal mystery at what they thought was just a second rate Comic Con. Now these estranged costars, whose torrid love-life torpedoed their own show, must reunite in order to save themselves and the planet we call home – that is if they don’t kill each other first. Luckily they meet Miles Sorrenti, the local sheriff wanting to help them on the down low, but is Miles the reason this is happening to them in the first place? That and the fact that his dad died from the very same experiences plaguing Baron and Toluca is one of the many puzzle pieces these two reluctant partners will have to figure out.

This is very exciting! Click here for more details: TV: B+T (Baron + Toluca) Online Event + Longer Plot Synopsis – Brendan-Fehr.net // Brendan Fehr online
Skam Italia icon
Gwen

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 05-05-2017 at 08:56 PM
Old 05-05-2017, 12:35 PM
Elite Fan

Even the sheriff's story mirrors Valenti's story, with his father! Funny.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 05-05-2017, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the B&T news!!

Old 05-05-2017, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Awesome news!

More news here.

Tune in and join Majandra & me for a B&T thingamabobber.

May 15, 9 pm EST,

Indievue.com presents the 2nd Live and Interactive session with Brendan Fehr and Majandra Delfino!

See Brendan's directorial debut and interact with them live!

Indievue.com don't miss it!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 05-05-2017, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag (View Post)
Ah, season 3. The season that made no sense, to me. I mean, not just Isabel-Jesse, Bonnie & Clyde, the singing Wonder and well, M&M... Roswell, fatigue, I'm telling you. Maybe the intentions were good but it wasn't well executed.
With Season 3 I felt because of the Channel move to UPN it didn't settle to well after that with new writers they took the show in a another direction away from its core storyline.

Like look at the titles" I married an alien" I mean come on LOL
Old 05-06-2017, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I kind of hate that episode

Closed Thread   Post New Thread