Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Elite Fan

Jim Valenti/William Sadler Appreciation Thread #1

all

This is the place where you can talk about Jim Valenti who was played by William Sadler. Feel free to discuss and post pics, news, arts, music videos, etc. But we do have a few rules:

Rules of the thread:
1. This is an appreciation thread, so if you do not like the character or actor, then this is not the place for you.
2. No bashing!!!
3. Have fun!
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Dreamer 4 Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:27 AM
Absolute Fan

I love how Jim became the father to the group. Being the only grown.up who knew about them, be became that, the father. I love in VLV how he yells at them, it was obvious he was worried about them!
somewhere87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 02:20 AM
Master Fan

I love how he changed his behavior and accepted the kids, and eventually even grew really fond of them. I also like the fact that he was always there, no matter what trouble they had gotten themselves into, he was always there to help them
life_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Absolute Fan

exactly, it would have been fun too see what would have happend if he and Amy had gotten togheter for real
can you imagne Kyle,Jim,Maria and Amy living togheter
somewhere87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

banner by Anna-Liisa

Big News Anouncement: The William Sadler board has received their closure notice. It will officially close on Nov.12. I feel sad that I was not able to generate enough foot traffic to keep the board open. yet,I feel that the small, close-knit just drop in when there's something to talk about group of loyal Bill fans do not fit well into the daily post requirements FF currently strives for.

I have been invited to continue a thread on the "Male Celebrities" board for discussion of Bill & his work. But again...I feel that it would not be a good fit for us there. Roswell is where many of Bill fans first became aware of him (although he had a long,distinguished career before that,of course) . So it is to our home base that we return in our time of trouble. I hope that our oldies will find us here and I hope some newbies will swing by to post. I love talking about the old days and I always try to keep aware of the things Bill is currently involved with. So,all I can think to say really is.....it feels good to be home!

Here's something fun you may not have seen:

There's a new short film starring William Sadler called, "The Wine Bar". Here's a link to it:

http://www.thewinebarmovie.com

Last edited by Berengaria; 11-05-2006 at 05:01 PM
Berengaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 03:13 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks to TessShipper for news about Bill's role in Traveler,new series due in Jan.

UPCOMING EPISODES
Monday January 1, 2007 - It's Time to Say Goodbye to the Castle
Good friends Jay, Tyler, and Will have done just about everything together for the past two years, but being together ends today. Jay and Tyler become prime suspects in a terrorist bombing at a famous New York City museum after rollerblading through it as a prank. They hope that Will will clear up the situation, but find that he's been missing since the explosion. Jay and Tyler realize that they have no way of proving Will's existence, and come to think that Will may have planned the bombing and set up his friends.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:53 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks to Pav for these wonderful avatars!!

Pics from William Sadler - Wild on the Web (The Official Web Site) and Down in the Flames - Roswell e-cards and wallpaper

by the way,Bill is playing the father of one of the 2 lead boys in his new series.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Elite Fan

Bere Sorry to hear your board is closing, but of course you have another place to go to. You can always put this thread in your signature this way people know where to go It was so much fun seeing you at the BAT. And so cool that Bill's new series will be on ABC Another Roswellian actor on it
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Dreamer 4 Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:24 AM
New Fan

Hey Berry! Thanks for the invite! Glad to have somewhere to meet! Missing you guys!

I hope your trip went well.
PennyBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Elite Fan

Pennyblu! How are you? I have some pictures of the recent trip out to Covina & the BAT to share with y'all.

Blu5ers are a group of Roswellians who began vacationing to Roswell related sites 5 years ago. We've been to Roswell,NM,to Covina and this year to the BAT. This year,we began our adventure with a meet-up at Casa Morena (formerly The Crashdown) for dinner and CAKE!

This is our group....except for the very camera-shy guy who showed us all around and is our resident expert and friend. You can make out the top of his head...and his initials are CG.

Last edited by Berengaria; 11-06-2006 at 01:35 PM
Old 11-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Elite Fan

My girls,Pennyblu & Ancient Roswellian

Our tour at Warner Bros.
They were filming ER that day. Guess who drove up next to us?

Herding cats
Tour guide tries to get a performance from two rising stars...."Sounds like the champagne talking!"

Last edited by Berengaria; 11-08-2006 at 01:54 AM
Old 11-06-2006, 10:33 PM
New Fan

Great pics! I need to work on mine! Had a great time!

Sure wish we could have met John Stamos in person!
PennyBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:57 AM
Elite Fan

Well,I felt that we did. He pulled up right next to our tour cart,looked me right in the eye and smiled and waved (okay,I smiled and waved first but he liked it! ...I know because he signalled me with his eyes.) j/k

Farewell to Warner Bros. Studio Tour
Old 11-07-2006, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Of course Berengaria you can post here with your board closing!

I love the photos!

Love,
Erin
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

Ber So sad to see another Roswell actor's board closed.

I've always liked Bill's work. Especially the way he took care of the gang!

Is Blu5 going to start their own thread on the Roswell board?

Later,
There are no accidents! Everything happens for a reason.
jero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread