Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2008, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can understand that. I'm surprised that even Feist doesn't have her own thread though.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Definitely surprising, since she's gotten big in the last year. I hear her songs on TV all the time now, whereas before she was still in indie-land.
'From day one, from the moment I kidnapped you and stole your car.....I knew you were the girl for me. I never wanted anyone else.....I still don't. Just... Wherever I'm goin', whatever I'm doin', just know I'll always love you.'
~ Michael Guerin to Maria Deluca in 'Graduation'
♥ Michael & Maria - because she was the only one he wanted to be with ♥
cyanide rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, huh. I guess LJ is better for you than.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Probably, unless I start new threads. I don't want to talk to myself in them though, lol.
'From day one, from the moment I kidnapped you and stole your car.....I knew you were the girl for me. I never wanted anyone else.....I still don't. Just... Wherever I'm goin', whatever I'm doin', just know I'll always love you.'
Old 08-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
ok...so after 'missing' i thought that it was indicated that he had feelings for her with the whole "one more reason to envy max evans" thing, did anyone else think a triangle was gonna happen?
Snort, when Michael had feelings for a girl, you couldn't miss it. He went for the girl, he was insanely jealous, he was exploding stuff right and left and he was doing things he would never do. So no feelings for Liz. That sentence was just misunterpreted. If you know Michael, then you know about his life and how he envied Max's life.

That sentence wasn't meant to show Michael's feelings for Liz, but Michael's feelings of envy about Max's life in general. Max had parents, he was loved by them, cared for, he had food on the table, he had security at home, and he was loved by Liz for being who he was, an alien.

Michael would have said the same thing had he been talking to Vicky Delaney, if Vicky had written that in her diary and if she had been the one saved by Max Evans. It wasn't about Liz Parker, but it was about what she represented.

And well, there's the fact that the books were about M&L and M&M, that the producers said from the get go that it was going to be M&L and M&M. The love triangle was only a wish that some fans had, but it was never a reality and it was never even thought about.

Roswell was much more original than that, thank god. You can find love triangles in every ******** show, in every books, in every movie... I'm glad that the Roswell writers and producers were clever enough to not go that road between the 4 friends. That's something good that they have done, at least. It's impossible to miss the crazy, eternal love that Liz had for Max and vice versa. Or the explosive and tender love that Michael had for Maria and vice versa. Some things are just beautiful and those two couples were that, beautiful in their imperfect loves.

About Max and dancing.... for some reason, I can see him being a good dancer. Dancing classic stuff or even a bit of modern stuff. He has this attitude, I don't know how to explain it. Maybe Maria, as a friend, decided that he needed to practise?

If there's a GZ list, then I want to be on the "friendship list". That's how I like those two, as friends, nothing else.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
xmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

ok, i posted that here by a mistake & i'm surprised people are still talking about it

i can't help but feel quite a few people here are pissed off with me atm, or just the mistake i made - but hey, it really brought this thread to life.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:54 AM
Loyal Fan

It's nothing personal, we just really dislike that ship. We've really fallen off topic though, the last page has been filled with everything except Max and Maria.

Anyone got a new topic relating to those two characters?
Old 08-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No one's mad at you Sophie I just personally don't understand that ship and how anyone who liked the character can ship it.

New Topic: Do you think that Max and Maria talked about the FMax event after he found out?
Old 08-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe. But I think he went to talk to Liz first about it. They were the first concerned. But maybe Maria went to Max to ask him how he felt about his future self and how he was reacting to that.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I could see that happening. It's such a huge deal, the fact that there's this potential future where they all die. And there's the time travel aspect. Max seemed to try to get perspective from Maria when he felt overwhelmed and confused so I think he'd try to make sense of it all with her.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

At least, they had a real friendship, since they talked and confided in each other. It wasn't empty words, but a real sincere friendship.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Yup. I would have loved to see more friendship scenes between the two. Especially post Destiny.

I wonder if they ever talked about the fact that Max tried to kill her in S3?
Old 08-13-2008, 07:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
At least, they had a real friendship, since they talked and confided in each other. It wasn't empty words, but a real sincere friendship.
Exactly. And the vast majority of Ma/Ma fans prefer it that way. Most of us realise that anything more than friendship is not viable for them, unlike other ships I could name.

Quote:
I wonder if they ever talked about the fact that Max tried to kill her in S3?
I hope so. There'd have to be some awkwardness betweeen them after that.

Last edited by cyanide rose; 08-13-2008 at 07:19 AM
Old 08-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hate that they never touch on these moments. I mean "Max" tries to kill Maria and we never get a reaction to that. I know that it wasn't really Max and so does Maria but that still doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, it's still something that they would have to talk about. I would have liked to have known Michael's opinion on what happened, his reaction, etc.
Reply   Post New Thread