Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2006, 10:09 AM
Absolute Fan

When is that? The tale of twp parties?
Old 04-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

xmag, how many books are there? I'd love to read them, it would be like rediscovering Roswell.

I'd heared that the last book, (I think it was called Turnaround or about, something like that) was hard to find. Have you read that one as well? is the ending similar to the show's?
Old 04-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Elite Fan

About the books, it's complicated. There are the original books, written BEFORE the show, by Melinda Metz and Laura J.Burns. Those books are called "Roswell High" and there are 10 books.

Then, there are the tie-in books, some of them taking place in between episodes :

- Loose ends
- No good deed
- Little green men
- Shades
- Skeletons in the closet
- Dreamwalk
- Quarantine

And others taking place post-graduation :

- A new beginning
- Nightscape
- Pursuit
- Turnabout

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 04-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Absolute Fan

I just finished pursuit. I should find Turnabout
Old 04-28-2006, 02:16 PM
Elite Fan

Do you think that Max explained to Maria what really happened with Tess, after Departure ? After all, he had gotten pregnant the girl who had killed Alex, so as a friend, Maria would have liked to know about what really happened with the guy she used to call girlfriend the summer after Destiny.

Old 04-28-2006, 02:23 PM
Absolute Fan

I dunno..
They didnĀ“t seem that friendly in the beginning of the sesaon...
I think Maria found it hard to forgive Max
(sort of like Doc Pauls "the day we never kissed")

Do you think Max spend time at Maria's during the destiny summer? Cause in DB, Amy seemed to know him, when he came to their house
Old 04-29-2006, 02:29 AM
Elite Fan

Well, Maria being a friendly person probably had invited Max at her house, to discuss, watch movies or eat ice-creams. He had to deserve his "girlfriend" nickname, don't you think ? So Amy must have seen him at her house.

I have to say that I love the fic "The long and short of it". It's short, but it's such a cute friendship fic post destiny. I could see that happening. I was when Maria was ranting to Max about Michael, about how the little green men had left something out of the recipe when they were cooking him ! That Max's manners had worked but that Michael was coming from defective genetic materials .

Old 04-29-2006, 05:53 AM
Absolute Fan

Yeah that fic is relly good!

haha I could totally see Max sitting there sulking, while Maria tried to to cheer him up.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:30 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag
Do you think that Max explained to Maria what really happened with Tess, after Departure ? After all, he had gotten pregnant the girl who had killed Alex, so as a friend, Maria would have liked to know about what really happened with the guy she used to call girlfriend the summer after Destiny.
I doubt it, he seemed too focused on saving his son and being with Liz after Departure. I can't see him finding time to explain to Maria what happened, unless she ambushed him and made him tell her. She would probably find out through Liz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhere87
haha I could totally see Max sitting there sulking, while Maria tried to to cheer him up.
Ditto. I can just imagine Max and Maria after Destiny, sitting there watching movies and shovelling down icecream. I wonder how Maria could have cheered him up?
Old 04-29-2006, 07:42 AM
Absolute Fan

hehe maybe made him watching chickfliks or maybe Crouching tiger
Old 04-29-2006, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

Well, we know they were real friends and that they had spent time together. And friends watch movies together so now we have to wonder which kind of movies. Do you think Maria made him watch some girl movies, with Julia Roberts or Meg Ryan ? Sleepless in Seattle, for example ?

Old 04-30-2006, 12:45 AM
Absolute Fan

I like how after the summer went to Maria for advise. Like in EOtW,
I am bit sad he didn't ask Maria what was wrong with her
Old 04-30-2006, 02:12 AM
Elite Fan

Hmm, it looks like both Max and Maria were so down, in TEOTW, that they didn't even have the energy to comfort each other or really talk to each other. Which is sad because they could have helped each other. I mean, had Max told Maria about finding Kyle in Liz's bed, Maria would have started to investigate, thinking it was something alien. It didn't look like Liz and Kyle to do that.

Old 04-30-2006, 02:15 AM
Absolute Fan

yeah, but I think they talked about both's problems "off screen" cause in WO Max asked Michael how Maria felt a bit him and Courtney, so he must have noticed Maria was down
Old 05-01-2006, 01:59 AM
Elite Fan

It was nice, from Max, to worry about Maria's feelings about the Courtney situation. Of course, he had witnessed Maria being down and being perceptive, Max must have guessed it was because of Courtney.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread