Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2006, 04:40 AM
Elite Fan

It's funny when you think about it, the moments or scenes where Max is smiling and laughing are always with the humans, Liz, Maria, Kyle (okay he was drunk but still), Alex (okay, nobody could resist laughing at Alex dancing for Isabel). Humans do seem to bring out the best of Max.

Which isn't surprising since he always wanted to be human, or have a normal life.

Quote:
I didnlt know that Melinda Metz wrote some of the scripts for Roswell. Wow thats amazing! I loved the friendship aspect of Roswell along with the Love. It was just a perfect combination of both!
Melinda Metz only wrote one episode, "A tale of two parties", and it' s THE episode which is about fun and friends. She wanted one of the main themes of her books, friendship, to appear more in the show, and we ended up with ATOTP.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 04-26-2006, 06:14 AM
Absolute Fan

Yeah that ep. was a slight stand out from the others. Cause it was mainly friendships.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:15 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag
It's funny when you think about it, the moments or scenes where Max is smiling and laughing are always with the humans, Liz, Maria, Kyle (okay he was drunk but still), Alex (okay, nobody could resist laughing at Alex dancing for Isabel). Humans do seem to bring out the best of Max.

Which isn't surprising since he always wanted to be human, or have a normal life.

Melinda Metz only wrote one episode, "A tale of two parties", and it' s THE episode which is about fun and friends. She wanted one of the main themes of her books, friendship, to appear more in the show, and we ended up with ATOTP.
I am not a huge fan of season three but a "Tale of Two Parties" is my favorite episode from that season! I love how it was New Years Eve for a change and that they were celebrating that holiday instead of another and how they were reflecting back on their lives and on their frienships and what they ment to each other.

I like how everyone was paired off with different people and had their own adventure yet they all came together as a group in the end to share their experiences.

Over all a very endearing and wonderful episode but then again I won't expect anything less then from the wonderful and talented genious that is Melinda Metz! For if it wasn't for her the world of Roswell as we know it never would have exhisted!

Aw yes Max wanting to be human and have a normal life but as he said "Whats so great being normal?"

Hope all is well. Keep on dreaming.

Love,
Erin
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 04-26-2006, 06:24 AM
Elite Fan

The original books are aimed at a younger audience but right from the first book, the aliens and the humans were best friends, always doing things together. So Melinda Metz took that and injected it in the episode she was writing.

Old 04-26-2006, 09:04 AM
Absolute Fan

I wished that the writes would have put that in the storyline throwout the sesaon. It would have been nice to see some friendship between Isabelle/Maria/Liz earlier
Old 04-26-2006, 09:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:

Wow so true... Max and Michael to me were never really best friends, but brothers. They didn't seem to have much in common besides where they came from. Isabel and Max didn't really get along all the time and didn't seem to hang out with the same types of people. Isabel was more of the popular girl in the first season. But yes Max always seemed to enjoy the humans company and he wasn't quite as afraid of humans as Michael and Isabel were. I think healing Liz was one of the best things he did not only did he find his "soulmate" but he also found friends. He was finally able to be himself around people other than Michael and Isabel. Heck i don;t even know if he was ever truly himself around them... it would be interesting to know more about their lives and relationships pre-pilot.

Mel
Old 04-26-2006, 11:21 PM
Absolute Fan

Wow so true... Max and Michael to me were never really best friends, but brothers. They didn't seem to have much in common besides where they came from. Isabel and Max didn't really get along all the time and didn't seem to hang out with the same types of people. Isabel was more of the popular girl in the first season. But yes Max always seemed to enjoy the humans company and he wasn't quite as afraid of humans as Michael and Isabel were. I think healing Liz was one of the best things he did not only did he find his "soulmate" but he also found friends. He was finally able to be himself around people other than Michael and Isabel. Heck i don;t even know if he was ever truly himself around them... it would be interesting to know more about their lives and relationships pre-pilot.

- well Max wanted to be human so much. Isabelle wanted to be to, but she knew they wasn't. I wonder fi the other students didn't found it a bit weird, that the whole group were friends. I mean we have:
the science "geeks": Liz and Max
the "ice queen": Isabelle
The loner: Michael
The indiemusic nerd: Alex
The Jock: Kyle
and well how can I describe Maria...?
Old 04-26-2006, 11:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I always thought of Max as the outsider or the shy quite one.

Maria was the freak drama queen
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 04-26-2006, 11:56 PM
Absolute Fan

Yeah I guess, but I think Maria grew so much in the second sesaon. In the first one yeah she was a bit drama queen, but that is what we loved about her. And can you blame her, I woudl totally freak to.

Bu the second one, she were ore calm,
Old 04-27-2006, 01:14 AM
Elite Fan

Near the end of the first season, Maria had calmed down. But I would call her "the eccentric one", and her mother "the hippie one".

Max was shy but I think he was longing for a normal life. That's what Liz represented. That's what having Maria as a friend represented. Being more human. More normal. Sure, what's so great about normal , it's great to have powers but not living your life in fear because of being different.

Old 04-27-2006, 01:46 AM
Absolute Fan

Yeah, Max was never really willing to accept his alien side. I think deep down her never wanted to find his planet. But then that whole **** happend in sesaon 2, and it changed a bit.

It is kind of funny, that in the end it was the humans who find the way home. It shows whitout them, the aliens probally wouldn't have found it
Old 04-27-2006, 10:01 AM
Elite Fan

I cannot help but think that Tess had something to do about Max's behavior near the end of season 2. Think about it, if Max was at ease and normal with humans, then his human side was proeminent at that time. But Tess was doing her memory technique, in Heart of mine. She was inside Max's brain. Who knows what she was able to do ? Not necessarely mindwarp him, but maybe influence his alien side to wake up. And as an alien, Max was a king, used to people obeying him.

It's too bad that Maria wasn't around at that time (well, with Alex's death, she had her own hell to go through) but had she been there, she would have told him a few good sentences about his behavior. And I am sure that Max would have listened to her. She had nothing to gain by telling him some home truths.

Old 04-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

I haven't really read the books, how do they differ from the series? I'm hearing allot about how the books had allot to do with friendship and such and it made me think about how the show changed through the season's.

I recall the actors and even staff saying that the problem with Season 2 was that they got too far into the mythology of the show and didn’t focus enough on the relationships of these characters. Season 3 was supposed to be a return to the show's roots of love and friendship. Too bad they couldn’t continue on with that. Man I miss the show!
Old 04-28-2006, 01:01 AM
Elite Fan

Emmy, in the original Roswell High books, the humans and the aliens connected through som alien ceremony, which allowed them to really know and trust each other. They were able to see each other's auras, too. That was in the first book and since then, the aliens and the humans were all friends.

Isabel, Liz and Maria called each other "fristers" = Friends/Sisters. And when Max was sick, everybody worked together to save him. The books were a mixt of friendships and love stories (which were the same in the books and in the shows).

There were some similiraties, in names, in some characters, minus the royalty/clone thing.

The Max/Maria friendship comes directly from the books, too.

Old 04-28-2006, 10:06 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
The Max/Maria friendship comes directly from the books, too.
Oh yeah I like when they are on Max's car and he looks at her and see the eye that say "I'll be your best friend", it's totally awasome

"You're adorable" - Misha Collins 31/05/09
"Where were you when I was twenty?"- Jim Beaver 04/04/10
Closed Thread   Post New Thread