Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2004, 06:59 PM
Banned

DAT - (Dupe Appreciation Thread) #1: The Resurrection

-----Dupe Appreciation Thread-----
:roswell_zan: :roswell_ava: :roswell_rath: :roswell_lonnie:

This is the place where you can talk about anything Dupe related. What they mean to the Roswell four, different possible couples, speculation and discovery of all things dupester. Thoughts ideas on if the Dupes should have mean made into their own spin-off show.

Please no bashing of the actors or characters

**I know the intro needs alot of work. Hopefully with the "rebirth" of old dupesters and the introducing of new dupesters, we can do that.**

Last edited by Dreamer 4 Ever; 08-22-2004 at 07:24 PM
Subject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 05:16 AM
Elite Fan

Oooh a Dupe thread.

The Dupes episode has always been one of my fav Roswell episodes. It was interesting meeting them and seeing how different they were to the Roswell four. Wish that they could have been brought back in the final season. It would have been nice to get some closure for their characters as well.

It's Elementary my dear Watson
foreva_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 06:23 AM
Banned

Yeah, there was many different things that could have been explored with the Dupes. Also it would be a chance to satisfy almost every shipper group. The Dupes to me were a vital part of the Roswell story. They opened up insight into the Roswell Four's past. Not to mention the deep down feelings that were expressed.

Isabel admitted to being mad at Max for acting like he controls everything, just like Lonnie. Tess, was really sad and lonely. Of course she would never let that crack her tough outer layer at first. Of course with Ava it all came out. I also think that Michael has always had a thing for Liz. As shown by Rath's actions in "Meet the Dupes." We didn't see much of Zan. However what we did see, he was a stubborn man. Thinking that his choice is the best and thats it. Max and him were kind of the same.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

OOh I love the Dupes!

Especially Lonnie, of course. I'd have liked to see a lot more of her. I think she'd have helped stand up to Max, it would have been great to see Lonnie go after Alex, make Isabel jealous.

Besides, I'm still hung up on the "maybe later" threeway.

Dupes are also great for UC shipping. I think Subject already mentioned that.

AlexEvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 06:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Ooh I like this. I love Zan. Jason is such a chameleon when it comes to characters!

Dreamer Candygirl Stargazer Polarist
Roswell_Rawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

i Rath,he is very funny ,bren reallly played that character very well .

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Poupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 03:21 PM
Extreme Fan

For me,all the actors played that part very well.Especially Katherine.I remember when the previews first came out for the episodes a lot of Roswellians were pretty shocked.Some were confused on who the Dupes were,and others thought it was a joke.Its good to see that they're still talked about,even to this day. What would you guys do if the Dupes never existed?

Old 08-26-2004, 06:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

The dupes are a lot of fun. I particularly enjoy Lonnie. She makes it very clear exactly what Isabel is afraid of becoming if she ever cuts loose but still manages to be oddly likable in an evil sort of way ( maybe because Katherine seems to have such fun playing her).

Best wishes,

Scott
StillMariaRulesAlways2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 05:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Roswell_Rawker
What would you guys do if the Dupes never existed?

Lonnie was the star dupe. So it is easy to see why more people like her. It was good that Zan wasn't around in a way. It gave more focus to the other actors. As the relationship between Lonnie and Zan was easily displayed. I mean if you didn't know that they were brother and sister, you would have suspected after seeing them. Both of them have a dominating personality. As Lonnie and the other described it Zan was a very hardheaded person, as is Lonnie. Only she has a little more finesse about things. Both tend to be selfish only really thinking about themselves. Zan may have been less selfish but we only got a small glimpse into his character.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:33 AM
Addicted Fan

The Dupes existance was my first spoiler I read and it was enthralling. I was so interested in those four so different to our aliens, but also so similar (and not only in the appaerance).
I just have wished the authors would have brought them more into the storyline, and not just forgetting they ever existed.
I loved expecially Ava.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

People say the Dupes were so different from the Roswell four but really, it was their alien side. the Dupes were mixed with less of the human genes and seemed to act more like their Antar selves. I wish we could have seen more of them.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Master Fan

Of course, there are advantages for fic writers in all the open questions. Was Zan a good guy? Or was he like ITLITB Max, only worse (aha! now we can make Lonnie the good guy!)? Lots of potential there.

Still, I'd rather have seen more of them onscreen. Especially Lonnie.

Zan made an early exit, but hey we got Maxedo in S1. So all's fair.

AlexEvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 12:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by AlexEvans
Of course, there are advantages for fic writers in all the open questions. Was Zan a good guy? Or was he like ITLITB Max, only worse (aha! now we can make Lonnie the good guy!)? Lots of potential there.

Still, I'd rather have seen more of them onscreen. Especially Lonnie.

Zan made an early exit, but hey we got Maxedo in S1. So all's fair.

Well, Larek said Zan had always tried to do the right thing back on Antar. Ava and Rath were just tough, in my opinion. Lonnie was the only one who seemed to actually have bad intentions. And back on Antar, Vilandra betrayed her family for Kivar.
Which I always wondered about. how come no one knew about that? Or if they did know, why would they send her to Earth?
Old 08-30-2004, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by fetch
How come no one knew about that? Or if they did know, why would they send her to Earth?
I've always thought that Vilandra was killed as an accident on the final attack against Zan. Rath was guarding their escape while Nicholas killed him. Kivar and a small group of his forces went after the other Royal three and she was killed in the crossfire. Atleast that is how it played out in my mind.

Now here is a question that has been speculated on many times. Was Tess and Ava mixed up? By that I mean was Tess really a dupe and Ava the true member of the Royal Four? Either way I wouldn't care. I love both Tess and Ava.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by fetch Well, Larek said Zan had always tried to do the right thing back on Antar. Ava and Rath were just tough, in my opinion. Lonnie was the only one who seemed to actually have bad intentions.

ITA.Ava seemed more like an outcast to me,with Zan dead,she didn't fit in with Lonnie and Raths plotting,because IMO,Avas intentions were never to hurt anyone.Rath seemed more of a follower,and more interested in Lonnie herself.Lonnie on the otherhand was intent on "the plan" and fulfilling what she was seeking.

Ava said herself Zan was always "waiting for someone else",I always pondered what that meant.I ship a bit of Awakened Dreamer,so was Zan waiting for his "Liz"? A human he would save? Or was Liz meant for both Zan and Max? Or whoever found her first? Or does Liz go way back in the alien mythology and her importance is bigger then we think,thats why Zan and Max were both "waiting" for her to happen.

Tess and Avas hearts were totally different to me.Tess seemed more like Lonnie,intent on fulfilling what she was meant to do,more keen on her alien side.Where Ava just wanted to belong,and her caring heart came out a bit more,even through the rough exterior.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top