Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

Yeah, I had three games on Saturday and my body is just not having it

Old 09-27-2016, 09:16 AM
Elite Fan

Hey!

So I have great news (at least I'm thrilled). So I started training for the 10k I'm doing at Disneyland in January (Star Wars themed. ). My original plan, because of the nerve pain in my shoulder, was to just walk the 10k. You can do that so long as your can keep your times under 16 minutes per mile. On the advice of a friend I got the app Couch to 10k and started training. Last week I decided just to see how my body would do with lightly jogging during the times it said to run. And I'm thrilled to say that all is well! It's going great! I am officially training now to jog the 10k. I worked really hard on making sure my legs took most of the impact so that it didn't jostle my shoulders too much and it's working. Plus I went jogging with a friend on Sunday who's a part of a running team to train for the half-marathon on the same weekend and she said that my form is really good.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

Oooh that's awesome!! So glad to hear!

Also, a 10k at Disneyland sounds amazing?

Old 09-27-2016, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

Oooh that's awesome!! So glad to hear!

Also, a 10k at Disneyland sounds amazing?

Old 09-27-2016, 04:16 PM
Elite Fan

I know right!? And you actually run through the park.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

That sounds so cool! That'll be awesome.

Happy Thursday!

Old 09-29-2016, 09:03 AM
Elite Fan

Well if you ever want to do it, they have those things about once a month, all with different themes. I'd like to do the princess one at some point.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:15 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

10K at Disneyland sounds awesome Musickat!
Hey I went from a Couch to 30K! So if I can do it, so can you!!
Training is such a pain, but it's all worth it in the end!
I feel the adrenaline of the day really helps!
When's the run?

I'm Aubrey
Old 09-30-2016, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

The run's in January. I started training a little early to give me some leeway in case things go awry...like they did this week. >.< My jogging was totally fine until we had storms this week. Then suddenly on Tuesday after zero pain when I started to jog I got pain in my knees. Today I called out of work because I was in too much pain (rain already causes me pain elsewhere). I think the problem isn't the joins of my knees, but that I don't have proper arch support. My friend and I are going today to the running store. They analyze your feet and step to give you the right shoes and inserts. It's going to be expensive so I hope I can afford it, but this is something I'm really serious about. I want to be able to jog. And just feeling where the problem is, I don't think it's something serious. Just a muscle/tendon that's getting jarred more because of my high arches and lack of support. My friend told me that my running form is good, so that's nice. In the meantime I'm taking a little break on running to let the pain subside. Ice, Ice, Ice!
Old 09-30-2016, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

Ok hopefully it feels better soon! And that's awesome that you can get shoes that properly support your feet and arches. I think that's so important!

Old 10-03-2016, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

10K sounds killer to me. Actually, running in general . . . just not my thing. But Disneyland makes it more bearable.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
"I SEE YOU."
ICON BY ALEXA
Old 10-04-2016, 09:24 AM
Elite Fan

A 10k is killer. Luckily they have training aps, so I can increase my pace time. I mean, I can walk 10k, but to do it at under 16 min/mile...that'll be the challenge.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

A 10k sounds so long I've done 5k and I was like "well, that's enough for me". Bah!

Old 10-04-2016, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

It's 6.3 miles. So not a short jaunt for sure. But I can do it. I really just need to get my pace down. Right now I average about 17 minute miles and I've only walked 5k. I have my little ap to help me.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top