Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2016, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

April, it's a very stressful show to watch when it's airing on TV

Don't like the crazy shippers deter you from anything though! I used to get bothered by now I just sail along in a mellow state of mind

Not to mention the show itself is bloody nervewracking!

And yay for relaxation time!!

I'm almost finished my AutoCAD course..SO CLOSE.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

Hello! I don't recall if I ever made it in here to say, so I'll just say now. I caught the flu (or at least a virus) and had a little adventure. I was feeling fine on Friday, great in fact, and looking forward to my 4 day weekend. Then I woke up at 1 p.m. on Saturday (I went to bed at about 11 the night before) with a fever. I had planned to go to the movies, but of course cancelled. I was laying on the couch watching t.v. with my roommate, who was also sick with the same bug, incidentally. I decided to go to the store to get medicine, soup, etc. As I was in the checkout line a sudden hot flash hit, I got super dizzy, and almost passed out. The checker had noticed that I wasn't doing well, and in the nick of time had the guy bagging foods grab a chair for me to sit in. The manager came over and gave me a cold water bottle. I spent 45 minutes in that chair drinking water, trying to open my eyes. Every time I tried I got dizzy and nauseated. The kicker was I had forgotten my phone. Finally the manager offered to have a store employee drive me home (I live close by). They were all really great. The manager gave me 3 water bottles on the house during my stay () and his own nutrigrain bar to eat. I think I was really dehydrated because I drank 3 water bottles before I started to not feel dizzy. Luckily i had managed to pay for my food before this all went down so at least it wasn't completely in vain. Every time I tell the story people are like "Why didn't you send your roommate!?" and then I'm like "She was sick too." What a pair. Anyway, so that's why I've been absent. I've been recovering. It was a weird virus. It was almost like a cold but not quite. I had serious sinus pressure and a cough, but those are actually common symptoms of the flu. I spent my 4 days (plus yesterday as a sick day) off sick.

But on Monday I was feeling strangely energetic and planted my spring garden. It didn't make me worse or anything, but later in the day I started feeling super tired again. And I ended up starting The Walking Dead. I have made it almost to the end of season 3. Anyway, It was a weird last few days.
Old 02-18-2016, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacatia (View Post)
Don't like the crazy shippers deter you from anything though! I used to get bothered by now I just sail along in a mellow state of mind
The last time I was around shippers like this was when Lost was airing, and . . . well, that didn't end up going my way!
ICON
Old 02-18-2016, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

April, I love The 100. And I completely stay away from the fandom. I follow a few gif blogs on Tumblr, but otherwise I'm completely oblivious to any/all drama regarding that show. I had my run-in with fandom drama 3 years ago and I've stayed well away ever since.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Musickat - That's a great, yet horrible story! I'm glad you are feeling better though I wonder what on earth the virus was about?! Are you feeling 100% now? Good thing you didn't pass out in the store!

And yeah I think I've developed a personal shipper filter - last year I used to get kinda involved on the spoiler thread, but now I'm just like ....meh. If these people want to sit at home angry about these fictional TV characters, then good for them But I'll stay out of it!

Old 02-18-2016, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Anytime I get frustrated with any current show on TV, I just remember that Roswell is amazing and I'll always have my perfectly imperfect Candy couple to keep me happy.
ICON
Old 02-18-2016, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

ahh musickat your weekend sounds awful but glad that you have a very nice grocer! and walking dead season 3?!?! I LOVE walking dead! i'm finally caught up!

now i have to watch the 100 too, i'm trying to build the shows so i dont have to wait. that and im in the middle of greys right now.

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-18-2016, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
i'm trying to build the shows so i dont have to wait.
I love when you can just watch one episode right after another!
ICON
Old 02-19-2016, 05:56 AM
Master Fan

yeah! that's what i'm trying to do so i'm not waiting for the following week, which i'm doing now for walking dead and it's not fun! netflix definitely spoiled me. no commercials and no waiting.

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-19-2016, 09:29 AM
Elite Fan

I...like the Walking Dead a lot, but I can't say I share the same exuberance that everyone else has. Don't get me wrong, I like it a lot, but I don't LOVE it. Does that make sense? In fact, I'm getting annoyed in season 3. Man if I had had to watch that week by week I would have been so annoyed. It's like...just fight and be done with it already. 2 episodes of just waiting around to fight.

I don't know if anyone here watching TWD and iZombie, but I woke up this morning thinking about TWD with the iZombie theme playing in the background of my mind at the same time. I was amused.

This is the theme.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've only watched one episode of iZombie!

Aubrey, you might as well just wait til the end of season 3 of The 100 now. There's only 16 episodes, and episode 5 was on yesterday. Finish all your other shows first then binge it!

Old 02-20-2016, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG, I have my first Saturday off in 6 weeks! I'm so THRILLED!
ICON
Old 02-20-2016, 12:30 PM
Elite Fan

That's awesome!
Old 02-21-2016, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hooray April! Did you make good use of it?

Old 02-22-2016, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

April! Hope you had a really good Saturday!

I'm binging Grey's like crazy. I'm season 6 episode 8 or something. i started like 3 weeks ago.

Yeah as soon as im done the other ones, im watching the 100.

Oh no musickat, i loved season 3 and 4 of twd. you might get bored then in season 5. but yeah i binged twd too. i'm not enjoying the waiting for a week at all.

I'm Aubrey
Closed Thread   Post New Thread