Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2005, 05:19 PM
Passionate Fan

Anyone for another try?
Olderroswellfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 06:16 PM
Loyal Fan

I absolutely love this book and bought it shortly after it came out. I love that it lists all the songs in the show, which has been a big help because I really pay attention to show music and usually end up buying CDs because of shows. The funniest part? The 'Why did the chicken cross the road?' bit. Cracks me up every time!
Old 07-08-2005, 03:35 AM
Elite Fan

What i like in this book, is the fact that the author, for each episode, sums up all the powers the aliens used. Most of the time, I think Isabel = dreamwalk, Max = healing, Michael = blowing up things, Tess = mindwarp. While in fact, along the show, they used other powers, like when Michael scanned this agent's fingerprints in "The white room", or when he gave a rash to the guy who had attacked Max.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
xmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Elite Fan

I have the book in my hands right now, and in the introduction, the author presents the show as an alien/human version of Romeo and Juliet. The comparison is obvious because of the differences between Max and Liz (different species), the balcony, but was it ever mentioned by Jason Katims himself ? I thought it was fanon, but now I am not so sure. Is it mentioned in the book somewhere ?

Old 08-23-2005, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

Just noticed this thread (I'm a little slow) I just wanted to say that I use the book as a great reference. I have written three long (75,000+ words) SlashFics and "Crash Into Me" has been at my side the whole time to fill in all the details of the canon my tired brain has forgotten or didn't notice. Sometimes I just enjoy picking it up and reading at random.

Great job
Jason Behr Obsessee #165 and damn proud of it!
Gareth David-Lloyd / Ianto Jones Obsessee No. 12 -- And I’m ready for it!
maxkyleshpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Would anyone else by a revised version of the book if it had updated Roswell websites, the DVD music for each episode, and new quizzes??
I do love the book as is, I just really want a music guide for the DVDs!!
RosTreeOcGirlsGreyVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

I have a soft spot for this book because my site is listed in it!

It's a great reference for the series, I just wish there was greater support from the WB-- they could have authorised more photos etc.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosTreeOcGirlsGreyVille
Would anyone else by a revised version of the book if it had updated Roswell websites, the DVD music for each episode, and new quizzes??
I do love the book as is, I just really want a music guide for the DVDs!!
Well, not really. I mean, sure, it would be good to have that music guide for the DVD, but that would be expensive to buy the "almost" same product.

Old 09-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Passionate Fan

Does anyone think another edition would be published showing all of the new projects each of the actors has been involved in, since Roswell ended?
Old 09-19-2007, 11:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olderroswellfan (View Post)
Does anyone think another edition would be published showing all of the new projects each of the actors has been involved in, since Roswell ended?
I think that would be of great interest to lots of Roswell fans, but it probably wont be in book format as all that info is mainly available with a key stroke on the net.. But I would buy it

'Crash Into' Me still sits beside my computer, much loved and some what worse for ware after all these years..
Robyn did a great job.. Thanks again Writer Girl.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Loyal Fan

so, is this a new book?

I didn't know
Old 09-23-2007, 05:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm2516 (View Post)
so, is this a new book?

I didn't know
No, it's not a new book, it's an old one. But a very precious one. Lots of stuff about the show, the episodes, little details like that. It's a must have, for a Roswell fan.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Passionate Fan

I found my book, because i have started to watch my old DVDs again. brings back great memories.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes this book is amazing a great read and a MUST have for any Roswell fan it is packed with all kinds of great info!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

That is such a great book, I need to look where I put this book.
Honey-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread