Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Crash into me Book Discussion

I thought I would start a new thread on this topic. By the way, The idea I had posted on worked; my local library accepted a new copy of "Crash Into Me" as a donation. It turns out they will give it special play because it is under there 75th anniversary program. It might receive a mention in the local library mailing here in my hometown.

[ 04-17-2004: Message edited Olderroswellfan ]
Olderroswellfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 05:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

That's awesome, olderroswellfan. I'm just about to start a new book with Nikki Stafford, the author of Bite Me - The Buffy Guide. We're going to be working on a book on Alias together.
Writergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 10:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Robyn, good to see you again. (I feared we had lost you.) I reread part of your book today, looking for something new to discuss. One thing I hadn't noticed before was your mention of the spoof credits to "Isabel J. Imagination Inc." in I Married an Alien. That's a good one, and I had overlooked it (even after watching the shows closely enough to notice, for example, that the Evans's living room in 4AAAB has that same Morel art poster "El Jardin Brilliante" that used to hang on Ms Topolsky's wall). Thank you for pointing out this joke (and many others), and best wishes on your next book.
Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 08:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks! Actually, I was proud of the Isabel one. I'm not sure how I actually clued into it, but it was cute. I hadn't noticed the posters, though. I should look for that one. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Writergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 12:00 PM
Passionate Fan

There is an interesting article in the Chicago Tribune on the effects a fan base can have on a TV show. Although related to Farscape, the article does mention Roswell. You can read it at chicagotribune.com/farscape.
Old 12-26-2003, 07:53 PM
Passionate Fan

In the Convention episode, does anyone remember if a picture of the actor whom played Nasaedo was used as one of the victims Valenti was shown by Hubble?
Old 02-13-2004, 08:22 PM
Passionate Fan

I did send a copy of the 75th anniversary logo to the publisher and to the author. I think we should start discussing this book in light of the release of the DVD set.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Crash Into Me is such a great book. I like the different Roswell theories that are included in the book. It is so informative too. Anytime I watch an episode and have questions I get out the book and read what I need. It's great. Most shows don't have a wonderful resource like ours does. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Maliejandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 12:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Bringing this up again since the release of Season 1 DVD.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Bringin this foward for more discussion
Old 06-03-2004, 06:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Do you think comments in the episode section of the book should be changed as a result of the DVD. After reading the book again, after reviewing the episode on DVD, some of my feelings changed towards a couple of episodes.

I thought that Sexual Healing was far better on DVD that i remember being on tv.

Anybody have any ideas?
Old 06-19-2004, 11:09 AM
Passionate Fan

my donation to the local library ot officially recognized. I even had a couple of teens from my church come up and thank me for it! they were going to check out the book, and check out the DVDs. Possible new fans for the show!
Old 06-19-2004, 05:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

I thought it was really amazing that the networks didn't recognize how much teenagers liked the show.

I remember when Shiri was on the Rosie show, that was the thing that Rosie commented on first. She said that kids would come up to her on the street to beg her to have the Roswell stars on her show because they loved it so.

That's a good idea to donate the book to the library. I'm going to check my library and see if they have a copy.
Algieba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Passionate Fan

bringing this forward as well
Old 09-12-2004, 09:55 AM
Absolute Fan

I've never seen this thread before, thanks for bringing it up