Old 12-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Because our writers were terrible
Emma♥Neal
Old 12-27-2011, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

well they got some things right, they just didn't have any follow through.

I liked all the answers we got in 'destiny' for example, it offered some great revelations & also came with all this new questions & plot possibilities, but the writers barely explored that at all.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah ITA. I mean they do all that 'destiny' stuff and that we got all those answers and they didn't follow through with MI. We only got the MT stuff which was total crap since they didn't have any chem. at all.
Emma♥Neal
Old 12-29-2011, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I don't think MT were bad, I just think the writers rushed MT once they had figured out how the series was going to end. I think it was brave for them to have Max get her pregnant, because how often on a show does the guy from the main couple get another girl pregnant? But then they were cowards again, gave into the fans, & had Tess be the villain. I honestly think when season 2 started the writers had no season plan at all.

& I don't just mean MI, but they were given so much material to use at the end of season 1, I mean we hardly heard about the war MI's family, their home planet & of course, their enemies.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

For me I just didn't see any chem from the start of season 1 with MT. It just didn't feel real. It seemed quite forced and then it was even more so with season 2 because like you said they had no plan.

They had such great material in the end of 'Destiny'. I mean the skins- come on, not much of a real threat. In fact they were kind of rediculous and then the whole Kivar thing- seriously?!

We should've been the writers, screw the fans we could do what we feel and make the show worth watching rather than disecting everything that went wrong.
Emma♥Neal
Old 12-29-2011, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

we so should have been! I think one of the problems was that they didn't know what to do with a lot of the characters outside of romance. I mean Alex, I guess with him part of the problem was that he wasn't around that much, but it was pretty clear the writers didn't know what to do with him - that's why they killed him off. Valenti & Kyle were also pretty wasted, aside from the storyline about Valenti losing his job, which I really liked tbh, they didn't really give them anything. Though I liked the way they formed a pseudo family with Tess, I thought that was pretty cute & I could have got on board with Kyle/Tess. & Maria didn't have much outside of being Michael's girlfriend & Liz's best friend, I think it was a good idea to introduce her family because they were quite likeable, but the must storylines were terrible.

At least Isabel got the revelations about her affair & the guilt she felt with that. Also in 2.01 they set up Max striving to become a leader & Michael trying to become the warrior that he was meant to be, but they seemed to forget about that. I think that's a real shame because I think character development should come before couples.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with your thoughts on the whole Kyle/Valenti/Tess stuff. I wasn't all that into Maria's family because to me they were just wasted space (that and I just never liked Maria from the start )

I so would've loved for them to have taken more active roles with what you said about Max striving to become a leader and Michael the warrior but they abandoned those concepts. Can you imagine how cool it would've been. And not bring religion into it or all that stuff but they could've been a strong royal family and eventually gained followers (like ie those kids Max saved because surely they would've developed powers and such).
Emma♥Neal
Old 12-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

yeah I didn't like Maria from the beginning, but I think her mom way pretty cool, she made me laugh plus she had the romance with Valenti, I think it's a shame that they just dropped those characters in season 3, her mom, Shawn, Brody & probably others.

ITA, I really do genuinely believe that the writers had no plan, & because of that they forgot what they had started in 201. I think it was really important for both Max & Michael particularly to explore their roles, but unfortunately the writers forgot to focus on other crappy storylines.

I know that a lot of people complain season 2 was too sci-fi, but I don't think that was the problem, I think the problem was that the storylines & arcs weren't thought out.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:55 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes too many stories were left hanging and a lot of questions were left answered!

I loved season 2 with the scifi stuff but they really needed a better direction as to where they were going.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 12-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I know that a lot of people complain season 2 was too sci-fi, but I don't think that was the problem, I think the problem was that the storylines & arcs weren't thought out.
You see that's what I dont' get. You'd think with a title like 'Roswell'- of course it's gonna be sci-fi! If people weren't actually too skeptical or intimdated to look up the Roswell 1947 incident then they would come to find that yeah it is sci-fi (whether you believe it happened or not).

I wasn't a big fan of the sci-fi storylines only because they were so lame. I thought they could've been done better.
Emma♥Neal
Old 12-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

yeah I don't see how people could watch this show & not be into sci-fi/fantasy, I know it wasn't the focus of the show, but still it was an important element.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly.

So what other MI stuff should we talk about?
Emma♥Neal
Old 01-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

How do you think MI would spend New Years?

I also wonder how Michael felt when he found out Isabel was married to Jessie. No wonder his power's were all over the place.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 01-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh good question, I'm gonna have to thinkon that first one for a while.

I hated how the news was broken to Michael. It was sad that Isabel couldn't break the news to him herself because of how bad she felt and because of their closeness but she still owed him that much for the same reason.
Emma♥Neal
Old 01-06-2012, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think the fact that she couldn't bring herself to tell him though just shows that there was something more between them, I mean surely the people she was most afraid of telling were her family? But no, it was Michael instead. I wish we could have scene his immediate reaction though.