Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2017, 05:45 PM
Elite Fan

20 years? We'll definitely have to do something!

cliffies • kcch
Old 10-10-2017, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yep, we'll have a big party in here & celebrate all our fave moments
Old 10-10-2017, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Totally doing something big for the 20th!

Thought of a great title for the next thread

Micheal danced with Isabel at her Wedding not because he had to but because he wanted to!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 10-11-2017, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I love that

I have every single M/I moment giffed in my photobucket, so I'm sure that will come in handy for any celebrations
Old 10-11-2017, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I love that

I have every single M/I moment giffed in my photobucket, so I'm sure that will come in handy for any celebrations
Old 10-11-2017, 10:34 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes totally! Please post them!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 10-11-2017, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay I'm glad you have all of them handy!

Old 10-11-2017, 05:30 PM
Elite Fan

Those gifs have always made great posts.

cliffies • kcch
Old 10-12-2017, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Picking up from where I think I left off....

Old 10-12-2017, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Aw love the gifs!

If you heard about the Roswell reboot think again!

OK I am so upset about this! If this happens we are So taking the fandom back!

We still believe in Roswell just not this one! It's not even the original cast or storyline of Roswell!

Why can't the CW call this new show a different name leave our Roswell alone!

Tweet the CW with the #NotMyRoswell #NoRoswellReboot #LeaveRoswellAlone

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheCW

'Roswell' Reboot in the Works at The CW | Hollywood Reporter

Quote:
OCTOBER 12, 2017 12:00pm PT by Lesley Goldberg

'Roswell' Reboot in the Works at The CW

The CW is going back to Roswell.

The network is teaming with The Originals producer Carina MacKenzie for a timely reboot based on the Melinda Metz book Roswell High that also spawned the Jason Katims drama.

MacKenzie will executive produce the drama, which hails from Warner Bros. Television, Amblin Television and Bender Brown Productions. Amblin's Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank will exec produce. Lawrence Bender and Kevin Kelly Brown will exec produce for Bender Brown. Brown was among the exec producers on the Katims drama that starred Shiri Appleby and Jason Behr and ran for three seasons on The WB Network (which became The CW) and UPN.

The Originals' producer Carina MacKenzie will pen the script

The original Roswell series, produced by Regency Television and 20th Century Fox Television, was developed for Fox and was based on the YA book series Roswell High by Metz and Laura J. Burns. (Both would eventually write for the TV series.) The drama revolved around high school students in the town of Roswell, the site of a UFO incident in 1947. Behr, Katherine Heigl and Brendan Fehr starred as alien/human hybrids and Appleby as the human who fell in love with Behr's Max. The drama explored topics including forbidden love.

Reboots continue to remain in high demand this development season as broadcast, cable and streaming outlets look for proven IP in a bid to cut through a cluttered landscape of more than 450 original scripted series. Also in the works this season are reboots of The Nice Guys (Fox), True Lies (Fox), The Jetsons (ABC), The Munsters (NBC), Starsky and Hutch (Amazon) and Party of Five, the latter of which is currently being shopped. Key to the remakes is having the original producers involved in some capacity as more studios look to monetize their existing film libraries.

Immigration has become a popular topic this development season as the Trump administration threatens to end former President Barack Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. The CW's Roswell will explore the immigrant dynamic.

The news comes as The Originals is in production on its fifth and final season at The CW. The series will return midseason. MacKenzie is repped by WME. Bender Brown recently completed production on Netflix drama Seven Seconds and scored a Golden Globe nomination for Starz drama Flesh and Bone. It is repped by WME and Carlos Goodman and Leslie Abell.

The project, which is in development at the younger-skewing network, has an immigrant twist. Here's the official logline: "After reluctantly returning to her tourist-trap hometown of Roswell, New Mexico, the daughter of undocumented immigrants discovers a shocking truth about her teenage crush who is now a police officer: He’s an alien who has kept his unearthly abilities hidden his entire life. She protects his secret as the two reconnect and begin to investigate his origins, but when a violent attack and long-standing government cover-up point to a greater alien presence on Earth, the politics of fear and hatred threaten to expose him and destroy their deepening romance.

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 10-12-2017 at 10:02 PM
Old 10-13-2017, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Hmm, I wouldn't mind a Roswell reboot, but this does sound terrible. There's no way I'm watching something with Carina MacKenzie (or anyone to do with tvd) attached. Plus, the premise just sounds terrible.

I don't understand why the CW would want to reboot the series considering how badly they treated the show when it was actually on.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Right? Are they really THAT out of ideas? It's mind-boggling. The fans had to fight hard enough the first time around.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Totally agree with everything everyone is saying!

I agree it's a slap in the face to all of the Roswell fans who worked so hard over the years to get Roswell on for 3 seasons and the last one was on a different network! The 2000 Roswell Tabasco champaign happened for a reason! I still remember sending post cards to get season 3!

I am sure people spent a lot of hard earned money to buy those Tabasco bottles and on shipping to send them to the WB back in the day! It feels like our hard work to get 3 seasons was for nothing!

I hate how the some (not all) of Roswell fans are rejoicing! Hello NOT a reboot! This is the CW crazy way to get us to blindly follow them like sheep. If it looks like an alien and talks like an alien it must be an alien! Sorry give me MY Roswell anyday!

Roswell was a show ahead of it's time! It is timeless for a reason! It just bothers me how some not all fans are so eager to watch anything even if the show has the same name!

It's just the name that buggs me call if anything else just not Roswell!

Oh and if they use the same names like in our show of Max and Liz I will be really upset! It's bad enough they are calling it a reboot! No it's not our Roswell!

There is only one Roswell cast to me. Only one Roswell! It was a feeling like no other! 18 years later we Still Believe and we still believe for a reason!
Old 10-15-2017, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not here for a Roswell reboot. It'd definitely have to be its own entity because I don't trust they would do it justice or correctly, especially with Carina involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Picking up from where I think I left off....
That entire episode

cliffies • kcch
Old 10-15-2017, 09:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree! I hope the new Roswell crashes and burns.

Aw Independence Day! Such a great episode! Such a great one for the Cliff Hangers!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread