Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2017, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's not a half bad soapy plot. But for a struggling show, I don't know what he was thinking. And he should have done it on a more relevant couple. I get it caused drama for Max and Liz, consequences for Liz's actions with Future Max. She played god with Future Max, and changed all their lives. And pushed Tess at Max. So this what she gets. Him sleeping with the enemy and there is a baby. It's is a very soapy plot.

But a teen pregnancy which is a usual soap plot, could have been unique with Maria and Michael given they slept together in "Departure". All the stress along with Michael's mega baggage but look at what a alien human hybrid creation might be like...

Or Max and Liz.

Using Tess was the wrong plot, especially for a struggling show. I think they figured it would be angst and it was. But added to dealing with Alex's death, it was too much. Almost like they wanted to do that story, but then heard that they were on tenderhooks with WB, and maybe cancelled...

So they had to decide on a course of action. So they decided Tess being the villain, and send her off with Max's baby, so any further angst would be about the baby being out there... Over their heads, as they tried to reunite.

I remember Emilie saying she didn't know Tess was the killer, or that she was leaving until they started filming the finale. I think everything starting with how to write out Alex was very last minute...

And any potential way the show was going that season was changed at the last minute. Because even with End of the World setting it up, you didn't watch the show until Vegas and thing the show would end the season like it did...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 11-03-2017, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

I agree, that was the point of no return for the show imo
Old 11-03-2017, 10:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree if kivar had been the one to have killed Alex then it would of made sense.

After all in season 2 all you heard about was how evil Kivar was adn how future Max had to come back to earth to stop it.

The other storyline made no sense what so ever!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 11-03-2017, 10:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree if kivar had been the one to have killed Alex then it would of made sense.

After all in season 2 all you heard about was how evil Kivar was and how future Max had to come back to earth to stop what happened. I mean why have a sumit in New York City at all if Kivar didn't show up until season 3. Side note I hated what they did to Kivar in season 3 he was just a love sick frat boy. He was not the evil king I was expecting. Total let down.

The other storylines in season 2 made no sense what so ever!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 11-04-2017, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
And I still love them so much, despite their questionable choices... Jason and Shiri made it possible!
They really did.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I did not care if Kivar or Tess was the killer, but they truly messed up with my OTP.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)

After all in season 2 all you heard about was how evil Kivar was and how future Max had to come back to earth to stop what happened. I mean why have a sumit in New York City at all if Kivar didn't show up until season 3. Side note I hated what they did to Kivar in season 3 he was just a love sick frat boy. He was not the evil king I was expecting. Total let down.

The other storylines in season 2 made no sense what so ever!
It made no sense, but on the other hand it did make sense. He had power on Antar. Messing with Max or Michael on Earth gave him no rewards, now if they got in his way... it would. And plus by the time he made a play in Season 3, he had the baby to control and it's possible they didn't know yet he was "human". But Isabel as she was about to marry on Earth, he cares about that. Getting her to come back, would strike at Max and Michael and also give a power play to bring a mate into the rule and solidify his rule a little more... By then he believed he had Max's heir to control, and now if he could get the princess as his mate...

So it sorta does make sense. But how they did it. I don't think they really wanted to deal with Antar or how evil Khivar really was... But having him interrupt Isabel wedding/honeymoon allowed to us to see how fragile the marriage really was... and to tell Isabel one more reminder that she had a past and a history before... Or her alien side did.

Just like Max was finding too that he couldn't control things all the time. Things did spin our of control...because he did have a alien side!
Old 11-04-2017, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

s2 in itself made no sense .. plot holes everywhere.

eta: my ovaries !!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.instagram.com/accounts/l...nts%2Flogin%2F

Last edited by azure angel; 11-04-2017 at 12:56 PM
Old 11-04-2017, 04:08 PM
Elite Fan

omg they look great!
Old 11-04-2017, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure angel (View Post)
Babies everywhere! Beautiful.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Max and Liz and their kid with Maria visiting them.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

I need that spin-off
Old 11-05-2017, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Roswell reunion!

Majandra, Jason, and Shiri look so great! Glad the cast is still close and are great friends to this day!
Old 11-06-2017, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

we are so blessed
Old 11-06-2017, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Took me a few minutes to realize it was Majandra. Yeah, a Roswell reunion with kids... LOL! Fun picture.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread