Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2017, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well she I believe was starting to change in Season 1 with Sexual Healing. She was acting odd. But it was after the timeline change that she first showed that she had the capacity to have gifts with Max in New York. It made sense that the shooting changed her, and she had the powers come from that...

Because of Max saving so many people by the end. It opened a Pandora box about whether those people were changed. Kyle was worried about it, one of the reasons why he went with them or was it just Liz.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 09-24-2017, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I want to believe that only she "changes" but who knows.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well she I believe was starting to change in Season 1 with Sexual Healing. She was acting odd. But it was after the timeline change that she first showed that she had the capacity to have gifts with Max in New York. It made sense that the shooting changed her, and she had the powers come from that...
How can we be sure of this? It does not make sense that she has not shown any powers in the original timeline.

I love the fact that Liz also saved him from death.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranto (View Post)
How can we be sure of this? It does not make sense that she has not shown any powers in the original timeline.

I love the fact that Liz also saved him from death.
I was just saying it was after the timeline change that New York happened. So a new timeline was enacted. I happen to think she was starting to change in Season 1, with how she behaved in Sexual Healing. But then, the timeline did change and therefore we see the first definite exploration that she had powers in the New York storyline. And it went further from there, in Season 3.

Liz saying his pretty butt was the best thing about the New York Summitt storyline. And a clue that maybe all not was right with Tess. The Dupes suddenly disappear, and Tess is left alone. But they didn't go further until the end of the season with Tess a traitor storyline.

I love how Liz saved Max.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes all great points with the time line and with Liz's powers.

I too felt Sexual Healing and the Pilot with the flashes was just the beginning of her powers.

I am glad they brought up the topic again in season 3.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 09-25-2017, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, we will never know what was the intention. Was it a result of the timeline change. Because in the end, they only decided to get rid of Tess at the last minute as they prepared to end Season 2. Or was it just a natural result of being saved. And all those he saved, including Kyle and Jim Valenti would have grapple with the fear (or those who were in on it). The timeline change did send everything into a new universe of time.

There were little things in Season 1 that could be odd given she was just saved. So I happen to think it was the by product of the shooting. And being saved.

And ultimately Liz is fulfilled the four square by being Max's mate, and having the powers to (as we left them) to see the future...

I don't know if they meant to leave that implication of the timeline, whether she had powers after in the new one or did she always have them. Was her fever in Sexual Healing was result of the changes... Because it got them to the orb. But it was a oddity.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I understand that Liz because of her anger and all the betrayal had a lot to do with the awakening of her powers, but it is obvious to me that when Max heals her something changed forever.

The fact that Isabel could not connect with her brother but Liz could.

Last edited by azure angel; 09-25-2017 at 05:53 AM
Old 09-25-2017, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure angel (View Post)
I understand that Liz because of her anger and all the betrayal had a lot to do with the awakening of her powers, but it is obvious to me that when Max heals her something changed forever.

The fact that Isabel could not connect with her brother but Liz could.
But Isabel's powers have always been about connecting when they are asleep, or like in the White Room when he was drugged. It made sense to me that she couldn't make it through because of also the tension between siblings that the Dupes exploited or even created. Max was also awake, so it would be hard for her to break through...

But it was important Liz was able to make it through given her own difficulties with Max at that time. And it was a little brick in the wall being rebuilt of their friendship. And it did show that she was different. But it really didn't start popping up again until she was in all kind of emotional upheavel, a year later.

But the only real part of the Dupes storyline I liked was when Isabel realized that something was wrong, and confronted and then Ava explained, and Liz saved him. Showed their incredible bond. That it couldn't quite be broken...
Old 09-25-2017, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Quote:
But Isabel's powers have always been about connecting when they are asleep, or like in the White Room when he was drugged. It made sense to me that she couldn't make it through because of also the tension between siblings that the Dupes exploited or even created. Max was also awake, so it would be hard for her to break through...
But are they brother and sister? you would think there would be a special connection there? but I do not complain - because it only showed us how connected Max and Liz were!

Quote:
And it did show that she was different. But it really didn't start popping up again until she was in all kind of emotional upheavel, a year later.
Oh for me it's obvious they did not want to go there with Liz (they did not care about her that much), and they did it at the last minute sadly.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But are they brother and sister? you would think there would be a special connection there? but I do not complain - because it only showed us how connected Max and Liz were!
Their alien DNA is. We don't know about their Earth DNA. I assume the engineering took siblings for the Earth DNA. But we don't know. Regardless, at the heart of the episode was Max and Liz's bond. To show to the shock of everyone that a supposed "human" could reach Max. Of course she had been saved. But then, at the same time there was a lot of tension between Isabel and Max due to Isabel's actions with Congresswoman Whittaker, and her discoveries and failure to tell Max and Michael. So there was tension. By then, Isabel was discovering the truth that something was fishy with the New York trip but still. And also, her powers really only had major success when the parties are asleep or drugged so it made sense to me that Isabel couldn't quite get through to him.

But the addition of Liz, helped greatly.

Quote:
Oh for me it's obvious they did not want to go there with Liz (they did not care about her that much), and they did it at the last minute sadly.
There is where we disagree. I think they still had tons of fondness for Liz. Most of the actions were on the right side of fight even if some of them blurred the line. But still, going there with her powers would change the show. Instead of her humanness that attracted Max, dwelling into her powers changed things. But as they grew up, it made sense she would go under a awakening. And it would be interesting to see how things went because Liz really didn't dwell on them. But it was still the early days...

I believe the plan was always to show Liz changing (a symbol) of growing up. I believe that was in the plan for the season. Everything after Vermont to me was revised from their original goal for the season due to the cut in season episodes... I don't think they did it at the last minute, I think they did it as a plan for the season and Max and Liz. But circumstances made it seem like it was last minute.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
There is where we disagree. I think they still had tons of fondness for Liz. Most of the actions were on the right side of fight even if some of them blurred the line. But still, going there with her powers would change the show. Instead of her humanness that attracted Max, dwelling into her powers changed things. But as they grew up, it made sense she would go under a awakening. And it would be interesting to see how things went because Liz really didn't dwell on them. But it was still the early days...

I believe the plan was always to show Liz changing (a symbol) of growing up. I believe that was in the plan for the season. Everything after Vermont to me was revised from their original goal for the season due to the cut in season episodes... I don't think they did it at the last minute, I think they did it as a plan for the season and Max and Liz. But circumstances made it seem like it was last minute.

If they really wanted to go there they would have done it much earlier, and they did not ...
The fact that Max could not even apologize to her after the way he treated her in those last episodes of S2, tells me they did not give a damn about her, but that's me.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

it was a lot of potential wasted there
Old 09-25-2017, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree they should of dealt with deep issues sooner in the season instead of dragging them out.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 09-26-2017, 05:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

^ I can see that it was a sensitive subject, but after the s2 debacle it was the least we deserved.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
If they really wanted to go there they would have done it much earlier, and they did not ...
The fact that Max could not even apologize to her after the way he treated her in those last episodes of S2, tells me they did not give a damn about her, but that's me.
The could have explored it more earlier, but I don't think they wanted to really do deep into the aftermath of Liz's powers. And have it become a true supernatural show. It was to a major degree LOL, it was better they kept it more of a mystery. But I wished they had addressed the BIG question in the midst. Was it just Liz. Or was Kyle, Jim and those little kids in danger of getting the powers.

The way they did it. She was changing as she was dealing with graduation, and university decisions. And the upheaval in her relationship with Max.

I liked that there was this human girl who attracted Max. Something was different about her from the start. Moving it too much power based, would have left the show different than the intention I believe for it to.

As we all know Max and Liz were basically Romeo and Juliet, who defied death to be together... in the end, quite literally.

I am curious if Liz really dwelled on her powers in the aftermath, on the road. Or did the use them as needed... But she strikes me as someone who didn't want to go there... Unlike the others, whose powers were more engrained in them and they were slightly more comfortable with them!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread