Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2017, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree they were teenagers at heart with Alien life throw into the mix. So no wonder it was drama.

However I am glad they made it. Real life is not easy and you have to take the bad with the good.

Crazy to think it has been 15 years since the final aired in 2002.

So that means West Roswell High will be having there 15 year reunion! I wonder if Max and Liz will be there?
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 06-29-2017, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Quote:
Yup. So while it might be easy to come down on Max for what he did. But Liz started it with "End of the World". And then added to burden was Alex's death. They were teenagers, and they make mistakes. Liz was pushing Max away which started in "Destiny". So you can't totally blame Max. Yes he was a fool not to see Tess. But none of them did, until it was too late.

That's true, but on TV it looks like Liz took the worst part ...
Old 06-29-2017, 06:04 AM
Master Fan

Tftnt!
Old 06-29-2017, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

hey saorievans
Old 06-29-2017, 08:14 AM
Master Fan

hi it's good to see the thread going strong
Old 06-29-2017, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
I agree they were teenagers at heart with Alien life throw into the mix. So no wonder it was drama.

However I am glad they made it. Real life is not easy and you have to take the bad with the good.

Crazy to think it has been 15 years since the final aired in 2002.

So that means West Roswell High will be having there 15 year reunion! I wonder if Max and Liz will be there?
You really do have to take the good with the bad. It was a heck of a time. And a lot of angst, but to get the happy ending...you have to take the path, and the obstacles. And they were tested and tempted, and in the end, they knew they wanted each other.

They might have... But then they created such a scene at graduation. Would they want to. Unless they have been back in Roswell a long time, and really they were really outsiders who sticked together for the most part. So I am not sure Max, Michael would be itching to go to their reunion. Isabel probably, so maybe... Kyle had the most friends. Liz and Maria might want to go. It would be a interesting gathering.

Quote:
That's true, but on TV it looks like Liz took the worst part ...
I don't know. They were apart. And it was on Liz for her actions that started it. But she did it because she was overwhelmed, and she split town for the summer. And tried to keep her distance on her return.

Her actions can be described as for the greater cause. She knew going along with Future Max because even though he loved Liz. He never could have lived with himself if his actions allowed Michael and Isabel to die in the future. She changed the timeline, and it all blew up on them!

She had a better journey with Max in the first timeline. The second was harder and bumpier.

Max looked like a hormonal foolish teenage boy. And in the wake of Alex's death. He became judgemental and a jerk. Liz had her own obsession going on, and she didn't look good. But Max looked the worst...

And it alienated fans.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 06-29-2017, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

I will always be angry that we never saw Max and Liz talk about FMax! That did not make any sense.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranto (View Post)
I will always be angry that we never saw Max and Liz talk about FMax! That did not make any sense.
I think they wanted to wipe their hands with that plot. Yet let Max and Liz face of the consequences of their actions in the wake of that subplot. And it's very hard for them to discuss.

"Um, Max, I love you and I hate you for sleeping with Tess and getting her pregnant but um, I am sorry to say but I changed all our futures when I went along with your future self. He came back back from 2014 to tell us that you and Tess needed to be together otherwise Michael and Isabel would die in the future. Because if we didn't break up. We had sex, and that led Tess to leave town and you guys needed her in your band of four, and if she was gone, Michael and Isabel ultimately die in your arms because you wanted me."

It a tough conversation to have. Better to play with the consequences that came from those actions...

And really, by changing the timeline, Liz actually made it difficult for the gang. Tess ultimately betrayed them, and hurt them all deeply. If she had not gone with Future Max. She had a better future with Max.

So neither looked good. But Liz looked slightly better because she made the sacrifice for Max!
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 06-29-2017, 05:28 PM
Elite Fan

Oh it was not going to be easy... but what we got in busted was an insult to our intelligence imo.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I am glad in the end all was mended and came full cricle.

I am glad we got a happy ending.

I agree with you all how I can see Isabel wanting to go to the reunion.

I could see the senior class of 2002 at the reunion saying how it was the best senior prank ever! (Not knowing the Alien connection of the FBI connection behind it)
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 06-30-2017, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranto (View Post)
Oh it was not going to be easy... but what we got in busted was an insult to our intelligence imo.
We deserve better, Max and Liz deserve better.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
I am glad in the end all was mended and came full cricle.

I am glad we got a happy ending.

I agree with you all how I can see Isabel wanting to go to the reunion.

I could see the senior class of 2002 at the reunion saying how it was the best senior prank ever! (Not knowing the Alien connection of the FBI connection behind it)
Roswell the movie? 😊
Old 06-30-2017, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

How cool could it be a movie?

Do not get me wrong, I love graduation, but overall they deserved better.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

dp
Old 06-30-2017, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
How cool could it be a movie?
At least we know that more people besides Shiri would want to do it
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top