Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2017, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranto (View Post)
To me it is obvious they(writers) avoided the subject until the end.
To me, I think they had a plan for the season and it was getting to the point where Liz went to Vermont. By then they knew the show was on it's last legs, and then they had to race to give enough closure if they didn't get a new miracle chance.

I think everything until Vermont, and even after was for a reason. Everything was building. Forces were against them, as they dealt with the ramifications of Season 2. Maybe I am giving the show too much credit, but I sense it was overall plan for the season. Only later did they have to race to finish up stuff...

Max and Liz should have talked. And there were reasons for delaying it initially. And I do think Liz's rant as they stealing the diamond in "Busted" was venting her frustration about Tess. But still, she felt like she couldn't talk about it. She had a chance to be with Max. She had a year without him. They should have dealt with it, and not let it fester but it got to Vermont.

If they had talked about it. The resentment couldn't build. Liz would never have run away to Vermont. And Max would have never made the ultimate sacrifice, and risked permanent death, and showed that he completely changed afterwards, and really saw the error of his ways. And was determined to lead a new life. I think it was all for a reason.

But that is me.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 08-25-2017, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

I dunno. They certainly did not know what they wanted to do with the baby, all that misery just to give him in adoption?

I only say we deserved at least one real scene ... the closest were the flashbacks in busted, and those were a joke.

Quote:
But that is me.
This is what makes this thread interesting, the different points of view.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I love different opinions on this thread. It makes the conversations so interesting!

Keep it coming but remember be respectful no bashing anyone or saying their point of view is wrong.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 08-26-2017, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I think no one has been bashing?
Quote:
I only say we deserved at least one real scene ... the closest were the flashbacks in busted, and those were a joke.
this this this
Old 08-26-2017, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

dp
Old 08-26-2017, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I dunno. They certainly did not know what they wanted to do with the baby, all that misery just to give him in adoption?

By the time the baby was put up for adoption, the show knew it was dying. And had a miracle chance at continuing. I think I remember the Ch-Changes, Pancea and Chant Down storyline was airing when it was announced the show was cancelled. At Christmas they had announced the 22 episode order was now down to 18 or 19. So I do think they had a plan, but ultimately it got short-circuited. Because the Vermont storyline seemed to follow the thread of the whole season. Getting Liz fed up enough that would actually go to boarding school. Once she got the all clear to see Max, and stop the rebellious girl routine against her parents. She had even seen her father in a new light at New Year's Eve - which made it all the more poignant that she would just months later be on the run.

We will never know if the on the run was the real solution to the show if it was a bit more of a hit. But because it wasn't, and the episode count reduction came. They knew they were on their last legs. And decided to do something completely different and maybe pitch the new idea. It didn't work.

I assume if the show hadn't got the cut in episodes. We would have seen more of a fight between Michael and Max over taking the seal of Antar back. Max truly was Zen about it all after being reborn. Seemed to like not having the responsibility. But it was settled in one episode. We might have seen more of a battle. And the Phillip Evans investigation got condensed conclusion when it should have had a more drawn out end...

And then the baby was put up for adoption simply because they were going to be sent on the run. It would be easier with Six teenagers (although it looks funny) solo than having a baby along for the ride...

Although Max and Liz playing newlyweds with a baby would be a easy cover. But still, they went for the easy out by saying the baby was human (because of Tess and Max's human DNA), and putting him up adoption.

Oh I agree that we deserved more of a discussion. But it was all about feeding the resentment so Liz could explode in Ch-Changes and have it be brutal for both of them. To have Liz spill her guts, and mean the brutal words. And Max be despondent in his devastation. Which leads him to help out with the MetaChem investigation, which leads to his death and being reborn. Which leads Liz to really examine what she wants...

Everything about the season was not gearing for Max to get his son back and then put him up for adoption. Because it seemed to be against the major questions Max and Isabel, and Michael always had about their heritage. To put that on his son, would be weird but then he was "human". Which I say they couldn't possibility know since who knows what gifts he could have when he was older and more independent. Look at Liz. All that was done with her was being saved. And she had gifts...

But the show went for the easy out because they were sending everyone off...

Quote:
This is what makes this thread interesting, the different points of view.
It does. 15 years since the show ended. We can endlessly debate the rocky path of Max and Liz's three year journey. It's quite amazing. No matter what our opinions are...
Old 08-26-2017, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I was happy Liz did not play the stepmother.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really have no idea what they were going to do if they hadn't had to run. They didn't talk about it. Heck in "Ch-Changes" Max was surprised she was looking into Harvard. So obviously they were keeping things close to vest. And weren't talking about the big things until they sprung up. Max was searching for his son for a long time and yet he didn't talk about what it meant for him and Liz if he did find him.

We didn't hear anything about him going to college. So he probably wasn't expecting too. So would he have stayed in Roswell and raise the boy. What about him and Liz. She could have left and gone to college. But they were newly back together, so it would be hard to spend so much time apart.

Adoption was a easy out for the show. Unfortunately the baby was real, and Max was the father as much as I wish they had said Liz had mindwarped Kyle into sex and he was the father. So it would have been interesting challenge to see what happened with Max and Liz...

But it was easy to give up the baby for adoption when he looked to be normal, and human.

Only have being reborn, and putting the baby up for adoption did Max consider following Liz to university.
Old 08-26-2017, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

If the show had continued most likely they would play the happy family without any build up.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure angel (View Post)
If the show had continued most likely they would play the happy family without any build up.
I think there would have a little more build up, but by the time they dealt with the baby. They knew had to go another way. If it had been reversed, I think it would have been a little more build up because we really had no idea what Liz was doing about university? Would Max and the baby gone with her? But would Max and the baby stayed in Roswell near family?

It was a tough call. Not a easy storyline, either way.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
I think there would have a little more build up, but by the time they dealt with the baby. They knew had to go another way. If it had been reversed, I think it would have been a little more build up because we really had no idea what Liz was doing about university? Would Max and the baby gone with her? But would Max and the baby stayed in Roswell near family?

This is a euphemism

Great questions that would have been interesting to see..but I think something was clear Max and Liz were endgame no matter what.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
This is a euphemism

Great questions that would have been interesting to see..but I think something was clear Max and Liz were endgame no matter what.
Especially after Vermont. They knew they wanted each other. Which made it all the more painful to be reminded of the baby, when Tess came back. And what they were going to do. Max made a wise decision - even if it was a easy one for the show given where they were going by the end of the finale.

I am just curious about the WHAT IF? What if they had stayed in Roswell. If Max hadn't decided to put the baby up for adoption. Would Liz gone to Las Cruces. Or would she leave for a couple years to Northwestern, and they try the long-distance.

Max was ready to follow Liz to Northwestern, which showed how changed he was after Vermont. Especially after the hard time he gave Isabel for wanting to run away. To be away from Michael and Isabel and the "Four Square". Which meant big things...

I am curious what the "What if's". Which makes fanfiction all the more fun to read or create.

But they were definitely endgame.
Old 08-27-2017, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)

Sorry, but I have zero hopes with these writers.

It was a great deal that Max was determined to go with Liz, but I think baby Zan and Max would have met years later, after all Max gave him a memory.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure angel (View Post)
Sorry, but I have zero hopes with these writers.

It was a great deal that Max was determined to go with Liz, but I think baby Zan and Max would have met years later, after all Max gave him a memory.
Oh I am sure that child would have come back into the situation years from then. Maybe as a teenager or even younger. It would be a interesting to see how they would handle it. On television, children you know that are out there, will come back. In some fashion. Since it could be like Liz. Human, but with abilities they couldn't have thought when he was a baby. Which means a lot of chaos with him out there, with the abilities...

And then you have the children raised by Max and Liz. And the others. It would be a interesting contrast.

But it meant a lot when Max was ready to consider following Liz to Northwestern. Whether they could have made that leap. Could Max really be away from Michael and Isabel, if anything went wrong?

But Max was different post Vermont. He was open to anything. Which was a giant positive.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I love post-Vermont Max! ;-)
I doubt they would have had children on the road (unless it is unexpected) but once they settled it could have been different.