Fan Forum Star

Hee, this title is awesome!
Old 01-12-2009, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

#1 - 1
#16 - 3
#17 - 1

nice art, Ken!

Ya, Sonia came up w/ the title! It's funny and so true.

It's obvious that Future Max and Future Liz didn't think things through. I mean the way that they thought that oh, if they make Max fall in love w/ Tess that, that love would save the "world" is ridiculous! I mean how about just being nice to the girl since apparently F.Max pushed her away. Everything is just so contrived about that storyline. It's suppose to make sense at the moment but really there are ways that things could have been done.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 01-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
It's obvious that Future Max and Future Liz didn't think things through. I mean the way that they thought that oh, if they make Max fall in love w/ Tess that, that love would save the "world" is ridiculous! I mean how about just being nice to the girl since apparently F.Max pushed her away. Everything is just so contrived about that storyline. It's suppose to make sense at the moment but really there are ways that things could have been done.
So true. Why couldn't the warn Liz to make sure Tess felt included. According to Future Max; Tess left because she felt like an outsider and that destiny wasn't going to happen once Max and Liz cemented their relationship. Causing a loss of a spot in the Four Square.

Why not tell Liz to try to be more accepting of Tess. I don't see how making Max and Tess fall in love would accomplish it. Because obviously Max was in love with Liz; and he wouldn't just get over Liz. Especially if he had been pining for her since third grade.

Yeah, they didn't think it through...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 01-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
Especially since both of them went soon after on a crime spree with both seeming back in co-insion with each other. Trusting each other.
True. I would have loved to see how Max and Liz arrived at the decision to rob a convenience store together? I know that they showed bits and pieces in flashbacks, but Tess just blasted off three months earlier and that was a big jump for Max and Liz.

Quote:
It would have been nice to see a talk that they had... about everything. But then Liz had to continued her Tess resentment until it exploded in the "Changes" arc to give her a reason to run. Their inabiltity to stay and talk to each other. Liz couldn't face Max after those words came spilling out. So she went to boarding school.
True. Liz needed to run away from her problems again instead of facing them head on from the beginning. I understood Liz perfectly because it was in her character, but I wanted her to talk to Max like he wanted her too.

Quote:
But at least one crucial lie was exposed by the end. To bad Max had mucked up his life before the tidbit came out.
True. The crucial lie finally came out after all the damage was done. I can't blame Liz for Max sleeping with Tess because he did that all on his own. I just wanted Liz to come clean with Max about everything, so he could have made his own decisions and choices. I don't believe for one second that Max would have ever had any romantic entanglement, especially him sleeping with Tess if he had known the truth. But that's what TPTB wanted and though I still didn't find it believable for Max's character, they needed Liz's lies and manipulation in order to pair Max with Tess.

Quote:
So true. I could never figure why he didn't see Isabel and Michael. We didn't see the Future selves of them. They were supposed to be dead. If he couldn't see his past self because it would mess up the continuium, why not seek out Isabel or Michael as well. Get some advice. Liz may been up on the alien chao in the 14 months she had known, but still she wasn't an alien. She wouldn't know everything.
I agree. It's funny that FMax told Liz, "It's you I trust. It's you I have faith in." What were Isabel and Michael, chopped liver? But looking back Max took a big leap of faith in healing Liz and he trusted her with his secret, so in a way I could believe it. Plus FMax and FLiz were married for 14 years and that's a long time to love and trust your partner.

Quote:
But as I said in the past thread, I wonder if the real reason for the "End of the World" episode was so Liz would change the timeline so she would change. So the alien changes would come on her. Would she still had them in the other timeline. Because she didn't start to show sympthoms until the Dupes storyline...after "End of the World".

So that Liz could be a better match for Max than Tess would be...
I've read this theory before about Liz changing, and I find it very believable.

Quote:
Ya, Sonia came up w/ the title! It's funny and so true.
I got the suggestion from Coccy!

Quote:
WORD!

LIZ: So when you healed me you risked all of this getting out didn't you?
MAX: Yea.
LIZ: Why??
MAX: It was you.
Icon: ?
Old 01-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sonia E.*~ (View Post)
True. I would have loved to see how Max and Liz arrived at the decision to rob a convenience store together? I know that they showed bits and pieces in flashbacks, but Tess just blasted off three months earlier and that was a big jump for Max and Liz.
On Roswell Uncut, there are few scenes left on the cutting room floor about finding the corvette and the gun (which apparently was one of Valenti's; which Max had to taken. A good thing they melted it. It would have caused even more problems). It was a type of episode that really needed an extended premiere or a two part episode so that they could cover the ground they needed to bridge the stuff left over from Departure. And to introduce the new direction it was going in Season 3. I agree, a few more flashbacks was needed. Why suddenly did they decide to hold up the store. Is it because it was a 24 hour store that never closed; so they couldn't go after hours. And Max needed to get down and see if the ship was there....

Quote:
True. Liz needed to run away from her problems again instead of facing them head on from the beginning. I understood Liz perfectly because it was in her character, but I wanted her to talk to Max like he wanted her too.
I understood Liz too. I can see why bottled up her feelings. She just was embracing the now. And then her father put down his foot and that brought the rebel teenage girl out in Liz who couldn't allow her father to dictate whether she saw Max again. So as soon as they got the all clear to see each other; she felt safe again and up came the issues. Just as Maria was also have her own crisis of normal and dreams.

All Max and Liz needed to do was talk it out. But of course they had to do it the hard way.

Quote:
True. The crucial lie finally came out after all the damage was done. I can't blame Liz for Max sleeping with Tess because he did that all on his own. I just wanted Liz to come clean with Max about everything, so he could have made his own decisions and choices. I don't believe for one second that Max would have ever had any romantic entanglement, especially him sleeping with Tess if he had known the truth. But that's what TPTB wanted and though I still didn't find it believable for Max's character, they needed Liz's lies and manipulation in order to pair Max with Tess.
Nope, Max wouldn't have been tempted by Tess if he had known the truth. It took thinking Liz had moved on. And the hurt and anger he was feeling and then with Alex's death; it all collided together to bring Max into Tess's clutches. Even if Max and Liz still couldn't get it together and be together if he knew the truth. He still would have hope.

But thinking Liz had slept with Kyle; and her pushing him away. It all forced him to think there was no possibility for him and Liz. Meanwhile there was someone eyeing him and being a friend...

Unfortunately it led to consequences that would change his life forever.

Quote:
I agree. It's funny that FMax told Liz, "It's you I trust. It's you I have faith in." What were Isabel and Michael, chopped liver? But looking back Max took a big leap of faith in healing Liz and he trusted her with his secret, so in a way I could believe it. Plus FMax and FLiz were married for 14 years and that's a long time to love and trust your partner.
Yup. And for a young couple getting married. The knowledge they were still together 14 years hence means they weren't the typical young couple. They were built to last. And it only too time line manipulation to get them to part. But in the end, fate won out. And what is meant to be wins out. And Max and Liz truly were meant to be.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
apparently they are chopped liver! but ya I could believe why Max went to Liz. I think that actually Isabel would have thought of a different way. She would actually talk some sense into her brother and be like although I'm not sure if you should be w/ Liz right now I don't think that you should try to push Present Day!Max on Tess. I'm not exactly sure what Michael would say. I think he would have been for it as long as it saved everyone.

Unless he would have just told Max to pretend to like Tess kind of like he pretended to like Courtney to get things done. I wonder if Isabel or Michael would have told Max about Future Max.

Quote:
I got the suggestion from Coccy!
Gotta love it then!

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 01-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've said it before and I'll say it again. TEOTW was the most contrived episode of Roswell ever. The only goal was to break up Max/Liz. That's it.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:21 AM
Absolute Fan

the truth is that i like and i understand TEOTW only because M&L were really together in the end no matter what otherwise no no.

it's the outcome of that episode that made it amazing. Not the episode itself
the outcome------> no matter how hard you can try, no matter if you even change the future. You can't change their love for each other. Max will always love her because he loved her even when he didn't know the truth and he believed that she had "betrayed" him. Max and Liz were fated and in the end they still married and they're even more in love than before. they will always find their way back to each other. Their love is transcendent. It transcended time, space, rational things even even time travel
Basically it was : f%*k "destiny"!
and not only into this timeline but even the "maybe" ones!

Quote:
On Roswell Uncut, there are few scenes left on the cutting room floor about finding the corvette and the gun (which apparently was one of Valenti's; which Max had to taken. A good thing they melted it. It would have caused even more problems). It was a type of episode that really needed an extended premiere or a two part episode so that they could cover the ground they needed to bridge the stuff left over from Departure. And to introduce the new direction it was going in Season 3. I agree, a few more flashbacks was needed. Why suddenly did they decide to hold up the store. Is it because it was a 24 hour store that never closed; so they couldn't go after hours. And Max needed to get down and see if the ship was there....
agree. i don't understand the cut.

Quote:
Nope, Max wouldn't have been tempted by Tess if he had known the truth. It took thinking Liz had moved on. And the hurt and anger he was feeling and then with Alex's death; it all collided together to bring Max into Tess's clutches. Even if Max and Liz still couldn't get it together and be together if he knew the truth. He still would have hope.

But thinking Liz had slept with Kyle; and her pushing him away. It all forced him to think there was no possibility for him and Liz. Meanwhile there was someone eyeing him and being a friend...

Unfortunately it led to consequences that would change his life forever.

ITA.

there's something about Max with this kind of clothes that i find totally hot
Her dress is beautiful especially on her. red is her color. also, the dress was feminine and sexy (have you ever noticed the opening on her back? ) but not gross
Old 01-13-2009, 04:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

Can I be added please?
Old 01-13-2009, 06:31 AM
Elite Fan

Love the title

I vote #16
Old 01-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love those caps. Max and Liz were such a special couple. Amazing chemistry. I still miss them to this day.

Quote:
there's something about Max with this kind of clothes that i find totally hot
Her dress is beautiful especially on her. red is her color. also, the dress was feminine and sexy (have you ever noticed the opening on her back? ) but not gross
He did look fantastic. And red is definately Liz's colour. She usually wore it for anything good happening in her life. Red top when she and Max had their first kiss. Red sweater in "Sexual Healing". Red top in "Graduation" when they got engaged. "Red" dress in "Viva Las Vegas".

No wonder she didn't wear red for prom. Because then it might have gone right for her; instead of badly like it did.

Only time something other than red was a good luck charm was in "Blind Date" and that black dress where Max and Liz had a moment of progress.

But other than that; red was her color.

It meant something was going right for her and Max.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Absolute Fan

welcome B.Chambers we don't have a list

Jasper i bet that he liked red on her too
But really she did wear red into good occasions

i love how they're holding hands in that cap
Old 01-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Max & Liz
Season 3 Survivor

This survivor is dedicated to the amazing moments of Max and Liz from Roswell during Season 3. The moments are set up in a particular order (by episode) and will be eliminated by which has the most votes. Each episode will have to gain the most amount of votes after four-six have voted in order to be eliminated. You can only vote once per round. There are a total of 18 rounds. Let the games begin!

Round Twelve

#1 - 3x01 Busted!

#2 - 3x02 Michael, The Guys and The Great Snapple Caper

#3 – 3x03 Significant Others
Voted Out Round Eight

#4 - 3x04 Secret and Lies
Voted Out Round Three

#5 - 3x05 Control
Voted Out Round Six

#6 - 3x06 To Have and To Hold
Voted Out Round Eight

#7 - 3x07 Interruptus
Voted Out Round One

#8 - 3x08 Behind the Music
Voted Out Round Two

#9 – 3x09 Samuel Rising
Voted Out Round Ten

#10 - 3x10 A Tale of Two Parties

#11 - 3x11 I Married an Alien
Voted Out Round Four

#12 - 3x12 Ch-Ch-Changes

#13 – 3x13 Panacea
Voted Out Round Five

#14 - 3x14 Chant Down Babylon

#15 - 3x15 Who Died and Made You King
Voted Out Round Nine

#16 - 3x16 Crash
Voted Out Round Eleven

#17 - 3x17 Four Aliens and a Baby

#18 - 3x18 Graduation

Remember to vote for your LEAST Favorite
Remember to think about the Max\Liz moments only, not the episode as a whole.

#1 - 1
#16 - 4
#17 - 1

#16 is out!

I always loved how they are holding hands in that scene. They're not together but they just can't help it.

IDK, I know that some people are going to go for #2 IDK...I actually think I'm going to wait this time to make my vote It's hard to be the first to vote.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 01-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Absolute Fan

i vote for 17 because the other episodes are without Tess and they win seriously i love their scenes so much they opened and closed the episode with two amazing scenes with two different meanings
it's between this one and 2

Quote:
I always loved how they are holding hands in that scene. They're not together but they just can't help it.
it was so cute
like in a roswell xmas carol when he took her hand and most likely stayed like that all the time.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh god. I don't know how to vote. I guess it's been #2 and #17. But #17 had that great and passionate make out scene. And Liz blasting Tess. And the heart-breaking hug between Liz and Max after he gave his son away. He really needed that hug from Liz.

And #2 had the behind the parent's back kiss in the Crashdown kitchen and the night date. But still, that episode is more Michael's story than Max and Liz.

I have no idea what to do.

I think I am going to vote for #2. Just because I love Liz blasting Tess too much and the makeout scene on the bed too much to vote it off right now.

This is very hard. It's going to be impossible next round.

So I vote #2.

Last edited by Jasper1975; 01-13-2009 at 01:34 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread