Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2020, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

& then 4aaab happened but the important thing was the final result I guess.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

Of course but I feel that it was not enough.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree. I wanted more.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 03-06-2020, 11:44 PM
Elite Fan

We deserved more...
Old 03-07-2020, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

we did and Max/Liz as well.
Old 03-07-2020, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We we did get several episodes stripped off the season order, that season so who knows what they could have done in terms of coming closer if they hadn't had the short circuit the storylines, and quickly tie things up.

I think 4 Aliens and a Baby was needed. It got Liz to face her resentment on Tess. Still love her blasting her. Michael seemed very impressed, and on board with that notion but Max had stopped him from the same thing. So, he was game for Liz's actions. Of course Max fell for another one of Tess's lies.

As Maria told her, she hadn't really dealt with it. It was easy to be out of sight. Of course it still marred their relationship, but still, it was easy to have the notion of Tess and the baby being out there, but now they were back.

They hadn't talked about it. Neither did. They didn't talk about much of anything. It made for a uneasy time.

They made it work. But I have to think if we had the same series today (ignore Roswell New Mexico) Katims probably would make different decisions, and stories might flow better, and less flaws. But he was still early in this career, and WB had a lot of control because the ratings weren't ones to write home about.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 03-07-2020, 03:34 PM
Elite Fan

I would really like to know what the real plan was ... I doubt that what we saw in s3 was the original idea.

The truth is that Max and Liz have nothing to envy the couples we see on TV today ... either in terms of angt or endgame (they were from day one)
Old 03-08-2020, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

& Katims was supposed to be free to do what he thought best in s3
Old 03-08-2020, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

dp
Old 03-08-2020, 08:07 AM
Elite Fan

that's the tragedy here .. but I wonder how true that was.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

As I have often said. I don't have a real issue with Season 3. I just wish we had gotten those missing episodes, and it might have led to a more complete feeling. Obviously they were on a new network. They were trying to grab new fans, and not all the old ones could follow the show even if they had wanted to, at the time. Because UPN had even less viewership and stations than WB.

Max and Liz were still feeling the after effects of Season 2. Sure, certain things could have been stronger but unlike Season 2 which was a MESS creatively. Season 3 was pretty good. Max and Liz were dealing with the after shocks. But trying to be there. Of course Max made suspect calls. But then he was a teenager. Stupid. And rash.

With Graduation approaching. Everything had a highten feel and of course the baby was out there. They wanted to run back to each other. But didn't talk. They never really talked. Probably because their relationship was all about hurdles that they had a jump. They never had a traditional boyfriend girlfriend relationship which was easy. They went from zero to sixy to Sexual Healing. They had tried earlier, but fears led Liz to step back, and then we get Sexual Healing. Then right after, Tess shows up.

Then Season 2 happened. Season 3 was better structured. But we were short circuited with the loss of several episodes, so they couldn't do what they wanted.

Although I suspect we might not have been completely happy. I suspect Michael would have been a brutal monster longer with the seal. Or the side effects of Max's resurrection would have been felt more. Jesse and Isabel would have had to deal with the truth of her abilities and their marriage... A Phillip's investigation was still in process. But they had the clear up everything once Vermont happened, and they didn't have a lot of time.

I have never had a issue with Season 3.

Season 2, yes. But not Season 3. But that is just my opinion.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 03-08-2020, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

& that's fine Jasper, I mean if we all think alike it wouldn't be fun.

For my part I prefer to think that the first half of s3 never happened, I mean it was not enough how Max treated Liz in the last episodes of s2 and continue the same premise with s3? it is a from me.
Old 03-08-2020, 12:54 PM
Elite Fan

And lets pretend the baby thing never happened
Old 03-08-2020, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

done! I mean if at least we had a better resolution ... we wouldn't be complaining about it until today.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

IMO had a good resolution for Max/Liz at the very end, but let's say there was no process ..