Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2020, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

I'm just going to say they were cowards

they were! and I always wanted to know how Max and Liz's interaction was in that week in which Max made that decision.
Old 02-17-2020, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

You mean to adopt Zan. Maybe he thought being away from him would be better. He could have a normal life.

I like to think that Larry and Jen from the Pilot and the Convention adopted Zan.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 02-18-2020, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

That would have been interesting to see ... it didn't make sense for that plotlinte to end like this, the logical thing would have been for the baby to be a mindwarp at most.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

dp
Old 02-18-2020, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
You mean to adopt Zan. Maybe he thought being away from him would be better. He could have a normal life.

I like to think that Larry and Jen from the Pilot and the Convention adopted Zan.
I am thinking of that time in a fanfiction story I am writing at the moment. It deals with the fallout of "Graduation" from a different angel, but in the future, but it does deal with those three years, and Max putting Zan for adoption. Since they barely talked about anything major or relationship definiing. I don't think Max really asked Liz's opinion. And whether she gave her opinion I don't know. She was there for him, but they didn't really talk about things... She would have been really conflicted. Max probably knew it, and didn't want to do that to her...

I think the fact they though the baby was human probably was the reason he did it. He figured it gave the baby a chance at a normal life, it was complicated for them, for him to raise Zan.

That was before they were forced out of town. Which would have made things very complicated.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 02-18-2020, 03:48 PM
Elite Fan

Link to the fic please?
Old 02-18-2020, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranto (View Post)
Link to the fic please?
Not finished. Still in progress. I don't post until I finish it and it goes through a thorough editing process. I started it on New Year's Day, and it florished but I am in a bit of a lull but have gotten through at least 24 good chapters....

It's likely to be called Story of My Life. It deals with the fallout of Graduation. Things of course don't go as Max and Liz expected when they fled Roswell. I put Max into a major hole, to put in mildly LOL. I don't know how I get him out as I look at the story in current day modern life/culture clash (it's deals with the year 2019) but focus on the past. And explore the unsaid ramification of "Chant Down Babylon" as the actions of those three years are seen through new eyes.

As anyone knows my writing to be, it's very angsty but Liz had it slightly better. I have to figure out to get Max out of the mess I created for him.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

Ok, it sounds perfect! cant wait! and there is so much to explore it..
Old 02-18-2020, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes I want to read it. I always thought it was Max's parents pushing for the adoption. I could be wrong but you are right they never talked about it. No one in the group really did.

In a fan fic I wrote called The Jounrey Home I wrote how Larry and Jen from the Pilot and the Convention adopted Zan and that Max, Liz, and even Tess at one point did get to visit Zan when he was still a baby.

Writing that Jen and Larry adopted Zan put my mind at peace. At least they were connected to Max and Liz somehow.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 02-19-2020, 04:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

at Jasper for still writing max/liz fics
Old 02-19-2020, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
Yes I want to read it. I always thought it was Max's parents pushing for the adoption. I could be wrong but you are right they never talked about it. No one in the group really did.

In a fan fic I wrote called The Jounrey Home I wrote how Larry and Jen from the Pilot and the Convention adopted Zan and that Max, Liz, and even Tess at one point did get to visit Zan when he was still a baby.

Writing that Jen and Larry adopted Zan put my mind at peace. At least they were connected to Max and Liz somehow.
Phillip looked and acted surprised that Max decided on adoption when he broaches it after the week. Despite the circumstances, Diane appeared to me as someone who would have loved to have the baby to help with. Would be all about helping out with her grandchild.

Of course Phillip and Diane having adopted, would be pro-adoption. I just never thought Max would go there, given the issues that came from being adopted for him and Isabel. But thinking the baby was human probably was a gamechanger for Max, and gave him the confidence that the baby could be raised without the fear.

Of course they were run out of town soon after, and it would have been a complicated cover to have a baby with them. Of course newly wed teen parents with a baby was a better cover than six teenagers in a van touring the US... LOL

But it gave Liz peace of mind. But then they were forced away from home.

About fan fiction: The reboot in it's own way energized my writing. And thinking about our version gave me all kinds of idea, and seeing the show from different points of view. So, it's fun to explore and give Max and Liz angst, but usually a happy ending LOL.
Old 02-19-2020, 04:11 PM
Elite Fan

If anyone deserved a happy ending they were ... so I was happy with the Graduatio and as for the baby I prefer to think that it did not happen.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

You and me

some news
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Girl (View Post)
looks like we are getting Shiri & Jason content soon

https://meaww.com/roswell-new-mexico...ew-show-411836
Old 02-20-2020, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

dp
Old 02-20-2020, 05:02 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Jasper1975 I am glad you are back to writing!

Maybe Max wanted Zan to be safe and to livea normal life so adoption was the only way in his mind. This way the baby would not be traced back to him or to Max's parents.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread