Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2019, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We got lucky with our little ending. It gave us closure and it gave us finally some happiness for them even if they were running for their lives.

The gang was too secretive to be able to keep diaries. Even Isabel. Given Liz was a scientist at heart. It was her way to keep track without realizing what keeping a record meant.

And I pity the next generation (if only if we could see it). Trying to keep their secret in this age of telephone camera, Youtube and social media.

The 90/early 2000's was a easier time to keep their secret but still Liz'a journal was risky. So, no Max wouldn't have kept one since they were trying to blend in.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 09-12-2019, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

I agree....the aliens knew better, however Liz would journal by nature as a way to document as well as figure out stuff. In a way I identified with Liz right away when I saw the pilot! I Had already kept a journal for years and I studied science. The two traits almost go right together. Of course in the beginning Liz wouldn’t have known the risk she was taking which is why I loved Missing. The writers were dealing with the journal almost from the beginning. I also was so so glad the story ended in season 3 with the letter to her father, another sort of journal entry. Brought it all full circle. However, I thought that was an awful big risk to send the journal via mail? to her father trusting after revealing everything all at once he would then just go and burn it. Leap of faith there!!
Old 09-12-2019, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I need Roswell S4 or a movie
Old 09-12-2019, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JournalingJedi (View Post)
I agree....the aliens knew better, however Liz would journal by nature as a way to document as well as figure out stuff. In a way I identified with Liz right away when I saw the pilot! I Had already kept a journal for years and I studied science. The two traits almost go right together. Of course in the beginning Liz wouldn’t have known the risk she was taking which is why I loved Missing. The writers were dealing with the journal almost from the beginning. I also was so so glad the story ended in season 3 with the letter to her father, another sort of journal entry. Brought it all full circle. However, I thought that was an awful big risk to send the journal via mail? to her father trusting after revealing everything all at once he would then just go and burn it. Leap of faith there!!
It looked like she sent it in the mail? She would have better off trusted it with someone like Jim to have it delivered. Wow that was a mind altering package for Jeff to have received. It answered so many questions but he had to do it without the gang to fill in the blanks. Of course Jim had some answers, but boy...

Yeah that could be a interesting idea for Season 4. The parents dealing with the ramifications of their kids disappearing.

But that is the good thing about fanfiction. We can do it our way.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

There were so many possibilities, and all of them very interesting! and yeah thanks God for fanfics
Old 09-12-2019, 05:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
It looked like she sent it in the mail? She would have better off trusted it with someone like Jim to have it delivered. Wow that was a mind altering package for Jeff to have received. It answered so many questions but he had to do it without the gang to fill in the blanks. Of course Jim had some answers, but boy...

Yeah that could be a interesting idea for Season 4. The parents dealing with the ramifications of their kids disappearing.

But that is the good thing about fanfiction. We can do it our way.
I thought I remembered Jeff sitting at the crashdown crying over the book and what looked like a torn envelope aside. My memory may be completely wrong,, I just had the impression she sent it after they were long gone and some time later ,,it makes more sense for Jim to give it to him though. Maybe jim held onto it until she sent a letter with the wedding info and said it was time to give the journal to her father.....I really have to rewatch.....

I REALLY am so happy for fan fics!!,

EDIT: just found a screen cap of the scene.....Liz sent the journal FEDEX

Last edited by JournalingJedi; 09-12-2019 at 06:00 PM
Old 09-12-2019, 06:02 PM
Elite Fan

That scene of Jeff entwining with Max and Liz's wedding graduation was really emotional
Old 09-12-2019, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranto (View Post)
That scene of Jeff entwining with Max and Liz's wedding graduation was really emotional
I remember crying when that finale first aired as it ended and thinking that last hour went by way too fast.....a good ending, but bittersweet.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

For me the ending it was more than perfect seeing the circumstances ... the only thing is that I would have liked to know what happened to them later.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Given they were lacking for money. I am amazed they even could arrange for a Fedex package to send the diary. So she had it with her when she split town. I can see why she wouldn't want to leave it a sitting duck despite being in her brick wall in her bedroom.

I felt for Jeff to have to read it. To read those words that she would have died back in the Crashdown shooting. Tough to read it. I am sure he would think it might be true given his questions he had about his daughter and Max over those years.

But still hard to read and not to get the full story.

Still hard to read. Which is why I love the fanfiction story Chameleon because it deals with the diary and the parents and the gang on the road...
Old 09-12-2019, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Maybe Jim or Jessie helped with the Fedex bill.

Oh I will have to read that fan fic.

I wrote a fan fic called the Journey Home where her Dad actually keeps it after Amy reads it and gives it to Liz later on. In my story I wrote how she was so happy to get it back and that he never burned or burried it.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 09-13-2019, 04:02 AM
Master Fan

I liked journey home and especially the idea the journal didn’t get destroyed. The show did leave it up since it didn’t actually show Jeff burning it.
Loving ALL the possibilities in fan fic
Old 09-13-2019, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I like that idea. Her journal is a relic. Imagine in the future that their children find and read her journal?
Old 09-13-2019, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I do wonder if they destroyed the diary after the parents read it as Liz asked. While it was risky for it to within family hands. Still it was important document. Would Jeff be able to do it.

This is the fanfiction story I was talking about...

Chameleon by Carol000

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/rosw...l#.VSnhhO8tGUk

The first half when the diary is involved and the gang on the road is the best part...
Old 09-13-2019, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Thanks for the link. I loved that fic