Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2019, 04:24 PM
Master Fan

They did give a lot of info about the character the other actor joining, Gaius (smash from Friday night lights) will play. However Jason is a complete mystery ..... hmm.....
Old 10-08-2019, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah?
Old 10-08-2019, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It makes you wonder. Now I have to continue to watch, or catch up.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 10-08-2019, 08:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes they said that Jason is playing a character that has deep ties to Roswell.

Nascado he played in Max to the Max.

If he plays Max Evans that would be a trip!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 10-08-2019, 10:42 PM
Elite Fan

Does Nasedo exist in the books?
Old 10-09-2019, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I can't remember
Old 10-09-2019, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

Iā€™m thinking probably not?
Shiri and Jason must have had so much fun playing Max/Nasedo and Liz in Max to the Max!!
Old 10-09-2019, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

That Liz-Max/Nasedo scene was hot
Old 10-09-2019, 03:06 PM
Elite Fan

Old 10-09-2019, 04:59 PM
Master Fan

Ah yes!!! Bit of a preview to what we would see in Busted!!!
Old 10-09-2019, 05:45 PM
Elite Fan

Liz loves control
Old 10-09-2019, 07:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

I guess I'm in the minority of being a huge fan of the original Roswell who loves the new series too--though I'll freely admit that the original was better. I guess, being a comic fan, I've just gotten used to multiple interpretations of the same source material.

I'm ecstatic about the news that Jason's going to be on the new show, though. Personally, I've always held out hope that he'd end up playing Ray Iburg or a similar character if he ever made a guest-appearance. In the books, Ray was basically the book version of Nasedo, only a genuine good guy rather than a killer. Since one of the major differences between King-Max and Deputy-Max are their level of control over their powers, I feel it would be kind of meta for Jason's character to be a sort of mentor figure and help him learn that control.

IMO - The episode Shiri directed in the first season was the best episode of the season, so I can only imagine how great it's going to be when they're BOTH involved. Can't wait!
Old 10-09-2019, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It definitely had it's moments. When you look at it as very different from our version. You can get caught up in. I lost track and my television wasn't taping it when it should have, so I didn't get caught up when I wanted to. Although I heard how they ended the season. So, it makes me wonder about the new season.

Yeah, I am curious about what kind of role Jason does have...

It's based on the source material. The book series. But the gang is older, than in the books and I find that loses some of the danger level. It's more interesting to watch teenagers trying to find out more, and to undercover the truth when there is real danger level to being young and being targeted.

A bunch of 28 years old who should be wiser... well, it's not as interesting. But the show improved once the pilot was over because it was pretty bad in comparison to our pilot.

But yeah, Shiri's episode I did see and yes, it was one of the better overall episodes.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 10-10-2019, 04:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
It's based on the source material. The book series. But the gang is older, than in the books and I find that loses some of the danger level. It's more interesting to watch teenagers trying to find out more, and to undercover the truth when there is real danger level to being young and being targeted.

A bunch of 28 years old who should be wiser... well, it's not as interesting. But the show improved once the pilot was over because it was pretty bad in comparison to our pilot.
Agree with this completely. Honestly, I feel the biggest mistake they made was aging everyone up, especially if they're going to STILL act like teenagers.

Personally, I feel the best way to watch the new series is to treat it like an AU, where the Crashdown shooting didn't happen and everything went really, really wrong as a result. Most of the issues the characters have are the same issues they did in the original series, only they never dealt with them due to not having that bond between the humans/aliens and working through them. The alien stuff still happened but, without Liz being in the know early on and helping them investigate, the 4th alien was able to go on killing unhampered. There was no one around to shut down the 'special unit', so it ends up taking the Sheriff's life instead to turning him into a hero. It really illustrates just how important Max saving Liz's life that day was as, without that event, everything ends up much worse for everyone involved.

I had huge issues with some of the characters in the first half of the season(especially Liz), but in the second half I found they seemed to start to resemble the ones from the original/books more--probably because they finally got to do the growing up and character development they were robbed of in high school.

All in all, I view them as being the same characters with a few tweaks here and there, only versions who had it much worse as a result of not having that support system growing up and became incredibly flawed as a result. It has its problems, but I've seen much worse, so I'm still enjoying it.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Hello there Peter?

I tried to watch Roswell NM, but don't pass the Pilot ...

I can't wait to see Shiri and Jason. We all know Shiri will be posting photos of them when the episode airs, and hopefully some interview with them