New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2017, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

Twitter and Tumblr would have been a nightmare - shipping wars take on a whole life of their own on those places I'm glad Roswell aired when it did because it's just SO 90s to me in a way...that's half it's charm. It's why I started watching it in the first place. I mean there was no nostalgia at the time of course, but all the shows then seemed simpler to me.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:46 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I'm happy that I was around here back then spoirles for s2, wow?
Old 03-20-2017, 10:19 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
Twitter and Tumblr would have been a nightmare - shipping wars take on a whole life of their own on those places I'm glad Roswell aired when it did because it's just SO 90s to me in a way...that's half it's charm. It's why I started watching it in the first place. I mean there was no nostalgia at the time of course, but all the shows then seemed simpler to me.
I agree the shipper wars would of been even more insane then they were and spoilers would of been all over the place.

I am glad Roswell aired when it did it was an easier time but looking back on it years later the show still holds up. Most shows you go back and look and say wow why was I into this.

I am glad Roswell has stood the test of time.

FYI Roswell is leaving Netflix on April 1st!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 03-20-2017, 11:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I am curious how the show would be today in this atmosphere. It was a simpler time. You know a storyline would have been about all those missions they were on, and maybe one might have gotten caught up on video and the fear it would go wide. Or worry that the Crashdown shooting and Liz's original healing had been caught up on video instead of some crackpot tourists who were easy to discredit.

It was easier to keep the secret back then. But this age, the whole secret nature of it would have been more dire.

I think there was shipping wars back then, but just not as hardcore as some of the show these days because the show was struggling all the time, so you had the loyal fans, but the show didn't get the level of Buffy or other shows...

So we got lucky. Because the show could have been tempted to go other directions if the fans were in one direction or another... Been tempted to pair Michael and Liz than simply the roles reversal episode of "Tale of Two Parties," or Maria and Max that summer when Liz disappeared to Florida.

We got lucky that the show was deeply immersed into it's core couples of Max and Liz, and Michael and Maria. And they liked to play with them with angst, but never really stopped them when they could have and gone other directions...

That sucks about Netflix and Roswell. Hopefully it doesn't exit up here in Canada too, because I find we sometimes have a different lineup than the US version. Or maybe it will come back eventually...
Old 03-20-2017, 02:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Yeah we got lucky but in the end. Max and Liz have nothing to envy today's couples in every way.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

There will never be another Max/Liz.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

I hope they don't remove it from Netflix Canada It's how I started watching! That and sometimes I just pop on there and watch a random episode

Old 03-20-2017, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I hope they don't remove it from Netflix Canada It's how I started watching! That and sometimes I just pop on there and watch a random episode
We are thankful to Netflix Canada then!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2017, 07:47 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I think all the Sci-Fi shows of that time are going to be removed
Old 03-21-2017, 08:36 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes it is sad. However I think you can still get them on Hulu and youtube.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 03-21-2017, 02:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

^ true
Old 03-21-2017, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

Damn... I have tried to researched Netflix Canada. And seeing mixed signals of what is leaving... So hopefully because the licensing is different up here, it might stay...

I had just started watching Buffy, and only on Season 2. So I hope it doesn't leave because I am away for the first two weeks in April, and I don't have time to watch it...

Some news I did read is it's simply that the renewal notices are up on some titles, and they might eventually get renewed and if they did removed, they will return eventually... or won't leave at all.

I know Ken Burns documentaries were removed last summer, and started to return last month because a new deal was struck.

And in the terms of FOX titles, they just might be grouped together at the moment and they might not get removed in the end!

So we will see how it goes...

Or if they do, maybe they return soon...
Old 03-21-2017, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

I really hope they do not remove it, youtube always blocks anything about roswell
Old 03-21-2017, 07:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranto (View Post)
I really hope they do not remove it, youtube always blocks anything about roswell
Fortunately I have the DVDs and that was primarily my viewing of Roswell... Maybe it's a cycle, and it will be back, if it does leave...

Or a fan campaign can ask them bring it back, if it gets enough attention.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

Hopefully it stays! I always go on Netflix and watch random episodes. Same with Buffy

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top