Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2017, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

welcome back, Jasper1975

"I Shall Believe" is iconic
Old 04-20-2017, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It really is. Even though I hate "End of the World", but "I Shall Believe is all about hope, when all looks lost. It was a way to give a message if you really listen to the words. It was dire, but in the end, it would work out.

I just wished the song hadn't played in a scene with Future Max and Liz. But it's one piece of hope.

It such is a perfect song for Max and Liz.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 04-20-2017, 06:46 PM
Master Fan

Part of it for me is that I watched my tapes so often that I still expect to hear the original songs and I get annoyed when it's different
Old 04-21-2017, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

The end of the world is still the most heartbreaking episode ever.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:56 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree nothing tops the original music! It set the ton and the mood so well.

PLus I hate how in Blind Date how because of a music change when Isabel is in her room they cut off the radio playing in her room because the song is no longer Blink 182. So because the radio clip does not play you don't know about the Blind Date concert.

I hate how for the first kiss they got rid of the song "We Haven't Turned Around" by Gomez. The song was so beautiful and just perfect. Plus it makes more sense when Max asks Liz to go to the Gomez concert with her being they shared that song with their first kiss.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 04-21-2017, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess for me because I watch the DVDs, the replacements are more engrained with a few exceptions like the "Cry your Name" scene. And the first kiss, the song that replaces might not completely make sense storyline wise, but it's still a pretty song and you get carried away in their kiss...

Even if I could watch the tapes, I can't anymore since I don't have that function. I don't really notice the music except for something like the first kiss.

Now if they had changed the song Maria sings to in "Blind Date" I would have been furious. I still hear the Phil Collins song, and I think of the scene of Maria singing, and Max and Liz...

Thankfully for the fact that they did release on the DVD, so it more easily watched.

I hate End of the World. For years I couldn't bare to watch the episode, only recently am I am able to get through it. Yet the prom, is still on my "Can't watch list". Off the Menu was for awhile, but I now can watch it.

End of the World was difficult because you know what happens, and how horrible it is for them. It's a angsty difficult episode.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

I spent season 2 so upset and disappointed that I've only really seen each episode all the way through once. I still can't make myself go through that again, even knowing the outcome. I've watched bits and pieces but season 2 lacked the magic season 1 had for me. It does have some good moments though.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love going back and rewatching. I do it once or twice a year. Oh Season 2 pales in comparison to Season 1, or even Season 3 (for me, I am a minority). Season 2 had some merits, but only in the years since the show ended have the show become more watchable and I enjoy it, warts and all...

Definitely at the time, Season 2 had it's problems and did alienate a lot of fans. But I see it as part of the road that led to Max and Liz's happy ending. It made them grow up, and tested them. And in the end they were ready to make the ultimate commitment in the end!

I can stand most of the storylines... Even Max and Tess... Sometimes I will fast forward a scene I don't know (the great thing about DVDs) especially if it has Max and Tess in it.

But I do love going back to revisiting it. Sometimes you do see things differently, now than you did at the time.

But everyone is different.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:07 PM
Elite Fan

season 2 does keep in everyone's memory for good or for bad
Old 04-21-2017, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

I keep telling myself I'm going to marathon season 2 one day and not allow myself to fast forward

I do see it as they grew up, and were tested, and found their way back to each other but it still sucks watching Max and Tess scenes for me
Old 04-21-2017, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

^ Same here, if only they had put the same emphasis when fixing the problems
Old 04-21-2017, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

Exactly!
Old 04-21-2017, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranto (View Post)
season 2 does keep in everyone's memory for good or for bad
It's actually not a bad season. Even the end arc. It made them all grow up. But it's so easy to hate it given what happened with Max and Liz. And the fact it started in End of the World. But the fact the show seemed to back away from it, until they had to write out Colin Hanks's Alex and then they went fully into Max, Liz and Tess with gusto full of angst that alienated fans...

Of course we know how it ended. So that makes it easier to watch the journey (at least for me). And why I don't mind watching it over and over again.

I wish things could have been slightly easier for Max and Liz. But then they knew they could get married at 18, a year earlier than in the first timeline, because of all they went through. Season One Max and Liz despite their true love, were so naive about what the shooting in the Crashdown opened, so much was unknown.

I can look at Season 2 and enjoy it. Although I am glad they didn't go fully in on the Dupes, because I didn't care for that storyline with the exception of Ava and Liz saving Max's butt in New York.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

For us the dreamers s2 was a terrible season. LOL
Old 04-22-2017, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It definitely wasn't the easiest of seasons for those two. Ultimately they were better for it, but it was hell to go through, especially given how complicated and messy it got for them.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top