Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2019, 11:40 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I think the same. There's no way they wouldn't do Something for the fans. Delfino and Fehr would love to work together again, Applebly directed an episode of the show that shall not be named, and that ersatz exists therefore the word "Roswell" in terms of Entertainment is not a thing of the past but the present.

Now would be the perfect time to gather for the 20th anniversary, to remind the entertainment industry that the old cast still exists, still meet, are still friends, are aging gracefull and would love to work together again.

Talking about M&M, I rewatched 285 south and I was so sure that Maria said "it's a cruel and unusual punishment", but in the episode I watched, she said "a cruel and unusual educational" ? Unless I misunderstood? English is not my first language so it's possible.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 03-24-2019, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Oh XMags I love you the show that shall not be named!

Aw I want Majandra and Brendan to work together again so much!

Lets get that insane candy chemestry going again!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 03-25-2019, 10:57 AM
Addicted Fan

I just watched 285 south again........love love love the motel room scene!! Especially the part where everyone comes through the door! Guess I’ll have to watch it again to find that quote!!
Old 03-25-2019, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
Oh XMags I love you the show that shall not be named!
Yep, the Voldemort of our little universe !

Quote:
I just watched 285 south again........love love love the motel room scene!! Especially the part where everyone comes through the door! Guess I’ll have to watch it again to find that quote!!
It takes place in the beginning. You remember when they are in class and the teacher creates the duos who will work together? Maria refuses, says that it's unacceptable because the guy isn't even here. And when she leaves the classroom with Liz, she pronounced that sentence, which I was sure was "it's a cruel and unusual punishment", but she says "education", or "educational"?

But then, I think I have, on my computer, the new version, the one from the DVD. And I might remember the tv version, the old original version. Or I just remember wrong. Who knows?

Old 03-25-2019, 07:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag (View Post)
Yeah, I think the same. There's no way they wouldn't do Something for the fans. Delfino and Fehr would love to work together again, Applebly directed an episode of the show that shall not be named, and that ersatz exists therefore the word "Roswell" in terms of Entertainment is not a thing of the past but the present.

Now would be the perfect time to gather for the 20th anniversary, to remind the entertainment industry that the old cast still exists, still meet, are still friends, are aging gracefull and would love to work together again.

Talking about M&M, I rewatched 285 south and I was so sure that Maria said "it's a cruel and unusual punishment", but in the episode I watched, she said "a cruel and unusual educational" ? Unless I misunderstood? English is not my first language so it's possible.
Hi Mag and Candies, I love your description of the show that shall not be named. Ersatz is a perfect fit. It says it all.

Yes, the series deserves a reunion for their 20th Anniversary.

I checked out the line you refer to on 285 south today. Maria says. ""a cruel and unusual education." I can see the confusion if your copy changed the word from education to educational. It would be confusing to me as well. Lol, Maria was playing with the phrase "it's a cruel and unusual punishment" in her Maria way to fit her situation. As Alex would say it went through the Maria filter. lol. There is nothing wrong with your English. It's better than mine. I admire anyone who can speak, read and write in more than one language.
Lol, I struggle to express myself in my one and only language daily.

~Mark Twain
Old 03-25-2019, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

The Maria filter was correct. Leave it to Maria!

I got this off of Crashdown .com from 285 South

Quote:
Maria: Wait, did you just say Guerin?

Teacher: Yes, Michael Guerin.

Maria: No, no, I'm sorry. That's unacceptable.

Teacher: I beg your pardon?

Maria: I mean, the guy's not even here.

Teacher: Well, then it'll be like true field work, tracking down your subject. Trussell with Wolf.
(Liz and Maria talk as they leave class)

Maria: I mean, this is like cruel and unusual education. I mean, aren't there, like, Geneva convention rules against this sort of thing?
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 03-26-2019, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

Glad that you all liked my "nicknames" for The Thing .

I should rewatch the french version, maybe the confusion comes from here. I found the scene in my files, ripped from the tv version so not very good quality but it was "educational", so why was I so sure that she had said "punishment"???

As I said, I should check out the french version. Maybe Something got lost in translation?

Old 03-26-2019, 12:33 PM
Addicted Fan

After listening again to the commentaries on the DVD recently I am soooo glad they did not listen to Majandra telling them NOT to put her character with Michael in the future when filming the pilot. I LOVE how Katims always responded with , so that is when I knew I HAD to put them together!!
Old 03-26-2019, 08:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I LOVE that story so much! I am glad that Katims saw the Candy Chemestry we knew exhisted all along!
Old 03-27-2019, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

Well, they were together in the books so… but at the same time, I think Delfino, who was very Young at that time, didn't know about that fact and also, if the pilot was going to be picked up. But if it was, Katims Always had the intention of having Michael and Maria. But there was such a Chemistry between Delfino and Fehr that he accelerated their love story.

I had read that, when the show was airing. That it was because of the actors that M&M got together this soon in the first season, it was supposed to be slower. So thank you Majandra and Brendan .

Old 03-28-2019, 04:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Yes! Thank you to Katims for getting them together sooner!! I couldn’t imagine less Michael and Maria then we saw.....that would have been a terrible thing!
Old 03-29-2019, 10:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes thank you Majandra and Brendan! No one else could play our Candies.

I love how they went from loves to best friends in real life! It makes my heart so full to know they still keep in touch and are so close.
Old 03-31-2019, 12:44 PM
Elite Fan

they were perfect together...what are the odds that two couples in one show would be so exactly right?!

Old 03-31-2019, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

285 South is amazing!

I love with the Candies how one minute they could be bickering/teasing and the next so vulnerable and sweet.

The hotel scene is hysterical!
Old 04-01-2019, 09:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi guys, I'm like 99.9% sure that I've visited before, but it's been awhile. Anyway, I was feeling wistful today about the show, and particularly this ship, and so I looked into the Tumblr tag. Now I'm sad because it's full of the show that shall not be named. Anyone else think we need a ship tag there for the OG Michael/Maria specifically so we don't have to wade through other stuff?

Also, goodness do I miss the wonderfulness that is the Candy ship.

EDIT: Electric Candy.net is no longer coming up... is that just me or...?

Last edited by TobyJenna; 04-01-2019 at 09:39 AM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top