Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2019, 11:30 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag
I hate what they did to Michael in the reboot and Maria fell flat to me.

No one like our candies.
Yeah, poor New!Maria is practically non existent. She's a bar tender, that was apparently more close to Liz's deceased sister than she was to Liz. Added to that, New!Liz doesn't confide in her about Max healing her or the fact that aliens exist, she tells Kyle instead so that leaves no use or story for Maria at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag
What is suprising is that most of them didn't have a lot of experience. Apart maybe from Shiri Appleby, and Katherine Heigl? But the rest seem to be newbies (although I can't speak for Jason Behr, I have no idea if he had a lot of roles before Roswell). So that magic on screen? that was incredible, so not expected. Casting is like a love story. Sometimes it's love at first sight, passionate love, and sometimes it's like being on a blind date hoping for a great love story and at the end of the date, being like "meh, I wish I had stayed home watching Netflix".
Some actors don't need years of experience to be perfect for a part. I think Katims and co knew what they were looking for, and found it.
Quote:
One of the reasons why there's such a nostalgia for shows from the 80's, 90's. It was a time for romantic love and friendship, fun and interesting relationships (Magnum-Higgins, for example, in Magnum, PI).Now a lot of shows, especially shows with young characters, it seems it's all about drama for drama, PC, box ticking characters and pairings. Plus the kleenex relationships.
I think TV shows in the 90's were generally better for romance and organic relationships. I think that is why people used to hardcore ship these couples so much because they were the real OTP's. The ones that genuinely loved each other and didn't forget that love after one episode and then proceed to date their best friend's ex boyfriend or something similar.

Some shows these days are too shallow. You can miss two episodes and then a character that you like will be in a completely different relationship. I remember several years ago, I was talking about this with somebody and they were like 'yeah, but it's realistic because how many people marry the boyfriend they had in high school?' and my answer to that was basically a counter question of, 'yeah but how many people sleep with the love of their best friend's life, with their best friend being O.K with it?' I think the second one is more unrealistic.
Quote:
I was more a candy but you can't deny that SA and JB had chemistry and that they sold the hell out of the Max and Liz love story. Even Alex and Isabel, who were the 3rd couple, and the harder to sell to the audience, well, the actors managed to sell it.
Oh absolutely. I wasn't a Dreamer. I LIVED for Candy, but SA and JB had chemistry in spades. Even Alex and Isabel had great chemistry with each other too, I rooted for them until the awful death of Alex.

{Kate}
Old 02-20-2019, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

I have loved reading all your comments on this page! I agree with all of them.

xmag I'm very impressed you hunted down tabasco sauce in France I was here ( lurking the first year or so then signed in to FF) and did the tabasco sending and letter writing and I have done the tea thing too for B&T. There is NO show in the world I would do anything for besides Roswell. It was magic and us fans were part of the magic I think. They made magic and we appreciated that magic and supported it in tangible ways.

Interesting discussion about why so many reboots and remakes. Certainly I agree that there is a nostalgia for a less negative and entitled time. I am just weary of the insane over reacting to everything and the PC police draining the fun out of so much. Yes society has always had very real tough issues that deserve discussion but the pendulum has swung just too far. IMHO Some of my favorite movies from the 90's that actually seemed innocent would be banned now.

I too can't imagine Frasier being rebooted. Can you imagine Friends being redone with other actors?

I heard today that Amazon I think is possibly making a series from The Lord of the Rings. My favorite all time story. Hard to imagine that being done well. Time will tell. Peter Jackson needs to get involved with that

I hope that miracle happens for B&T
Old 02-20-2019, 10:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by podmom (View Post)

I heard today that Amazon I think is possibly making a series from The Lord of the Rings. My favorite all time story. Hard to imagine that being done well. Time will tell. Peter Jackson needs to get involved with that
OMG my freinds back in college days were talking about that. Huge Lord Of the Rings fans. We all were like no remake unless Peter Jackson is involved.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 02-21-2019, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

candies

Quote:
unrealfehr: Birthday surprise...

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 02-23-2019 at 12:40 PM
Old 02-21-2019, 08:23 AM
Elite Fan

Ahhh, that is so great to see, Majandra Delfino inviting Brendan Fehr to her birthday! Well, we know they are still friends and want to work together so it's not surprising . Aren't we Lucky fans? I mean, 20 years after, the actors who play our beloved couple are still friends and hanging out together, and working together. That's not so common. Actors are all "oh, we are like a family", when they Promote a tv show but once it's over, they all go their separate way.

Here, we know that Fehr and Delfino are still friends. We know that Katherine Heigl got Majandra to play in one of her movies. Are there other examples of our characters hanging out together?

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 02-22-2019, 03:20 AM
Passionate Fan

It's so sweet that they are still good friends. It's actually amazing if you think about it because they dated, and it's rare for actors to stay friends after a break-up. I'm pretty sure Katherine Heigl and Jason Behr have had nothing to do with each other since they broke up years ago.

I think Majandra has stayed friends with most of the cast. She has been pictured out and about with Katherine Heigl, we know she's friends with Brendan and Nick and there was a picture of Brendan/Majandra/Nick/Jason on an outing together not so long back. I'm pretty sure she's good friends with Shiri too and that they've gotten a bit closer than what they were since they've had kids.

Nick was pictured out and about with KH a couple of years ago too, so yeah I'm pretty sure many of them are friendly with each other which is lovely.

{Kate}
Old 02-22-2019, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They're so cute Ugh, I just love that they get along with eachother and are friends.

Old 02-23-2019, 09:31 AM
Elite Fan

20 years later, Don't forget that. After all, it's easier to get along and keep in touch when a show is still recent, and they all live in the same city. But 20 years later, they are all adults now, with different careers, husbands, wives, children… that's great that they are still friends.

Old 02-23-2019, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh my god, that video!

Brendan and Majandra's friendship is so sweet!
ICON
Old 02-23-2019, 12:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

OMG I LOVE these two! I love their friendship! Aw my Candy heart!

So glad Majandra had an awesome Birthday!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 02-23-2019, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside tbh

Old 02-25-2019, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Oh my god, that video!

Brendan and Majandra's friendship is so sweet!
THIS!!!

I love how he updates us all with Majandra and B&T tales on social media. Brendan cares so much about her and their projects.

Speaking of...

Brendan posted this last week on twitter -

COME ON, GIVE US B&T! Brendan and Majandra want it out there as much as the rest of us.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-25-2019, 07:58 AM
Elite Fan

So they are still working on trying to get at least a pilot for B+T? I thought they had given up, to be honest. But I'm pleasantly surprised that they haven't. I keep my fingers crossed and hope for a good news on this front. We sooo deserve to see those two on our tv again, after what the show that shall not be named decided to destroy our candy couple (all the while pretending that it's based on the original books ).

Old 02-26-2019, 04:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag (View Post)
So they are still working on trying to get at least a pilot for B+T? I thought they had given up, to be honest. But I'm pleasantly surprised that they haven't. I keep my fingers crossed and hope for a good news on this front. We sooo deserve to see those two on our tv again, after what the show that shall not be named decided to destroy our candy couple (all the while pretending that it's based on the original books ).
Don't give up hope, Mag Because Brendan and Majandra sure haven't!

In the mean time, I'm just ignoring all news and talk of the reboot I don't watch the CW so it's never really on my radar.

Is it even getting much attention?
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-26-2019, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think so But it's always hard to tell these days, especially with CW shows IMO.

And what were these guys up to I wonder!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 02-26-2019 at 07:02 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top