Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2018, 10:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
Love the gif from Viva Las Vegas!

I agree the Candies were one of a kind.

For me I am hard with ships I only have a few as well. I always love the first meeting! How they meet is everything to me!

I love Anne and Gilbert as well! You have great taste in ships Xmag!
Ha, thanks, I like to think so . But M&M are hard to remove from the first place in my heart.

Apart from that, the THING (you know what I'm talking about), has been picked up by the CW and Lucifer has been cancelled by Fox. I swear, this world is walking on its head. That's insanity.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
xmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Movies

I adore how she looked at him and vice versa when they were on and off screen lovers

Will always be partial to the original ROSWELL.

Remakes will come and go, but our Candy was lightning in a bottle.

You're the first boy I ever kissed, Jake. I want you to be the last.
JakeMelanie
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Like I always say Roswell because you can't beat the original!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:29 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Movies

The descriptions of the characters in The CW's Roswell just sound so different from Katim's version that I can't even associate them as part of the same thing.

Happy for Michael Trevino being cast as Kyle (I loved him in the early years of The Vampire Diaries) but as for Michael and Maria, the canon already exists ~

^ You cannot replace this kind of chemistry and characterization. He became a half of a whole when he got to know Maria.

JakeMelanie
Old 05-17-2018, 07:49 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree! No Candies then what it the point!

I did enjoy Micheal on Vampire Diaries as well.

Star-Crossed was a mid season show o the CW. The amount of promotion for it was insane. It premiered in February. It only lasted 13 episodes so maybe that will happen with Roswell, New Mexico.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:19 AM
Elite Fan

I remember Star Crossed. It's still on my hard drive but I haven't watched it . 13 épisodes, what's the point, especially since there's no ending, I suppose?

It looks like after the CW's ancestor cancelling Roswell, they realize their mistakes and are trying to get back an alien-human love story show .

Quote:
I adore how she looked at him and vice versa when they were on and off screen lovers
They were so cute in the recent pics, too. Like the one where they are sitting at a table in a bar and watching each other. It was very intense.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

That's a natural chemistry that you can't often find. They were really electric to watch together on-screen.

Damocles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:15 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ Exactly, and something tells me the CW version will go in very different directions with a lot of the characters than what we saw in the original

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag (View Post)
They were so cute in the recent pics, too. Like the one where they are sitting at a table in a bar and watching each other. It was very intense.

Oh, yes, I love that one They look completely back in character! Love how they're as enthusiastic about their on-screen partnership as the fans.

JakeMelanie
Old 05-18-2018, 11:42 AM
Elite Fan

I fear that their idea for B+T will never come to life. Unless, the THING is such a success that another network will try to use it by giving BF and MF's show a try .

It reminds me of Lois and Clark. The fans wanted the DVDs for years, and it was only when Teri Hatcher played in the globally talked about DH that the show was released. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:08 PM
Elite Fan

M&M will always have a special place in my heart .
Old 05-18-2018, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

I've said this before but I love how nostalgic the cast seems to be these days...it's nice!

Damocles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 08:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
I've said this before but I love how nostalgic the cast seems to be these days...it's nice!
I remember back in the days, when they were sick of Roswell, especially during the 3rd season. I used to say: they are so Young, they don't realize. In 15 years, they will think back to their Roswell years with fondness, kind of like us, normal people, when we think back to school.

Old 05-19-2018, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
I fear that their idea for B+T will never come to life. Unless, the THING is such a success that another network will try to use it by giving BF and MF's show a try .

It reminds me of Lois and Clark. The fans wanted the DVDs for years, and it was only when Teri Hatcher played in the globally talked about DH that the show was released. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Don't give up hope, Mag As long as Brendan and Majandra keep expressing enthusiasm for it, I'm sure it will get picked up someday

...And yes, as much as I hate to admit it, the attention around CW's Roswell might draw attention back to Baron + Toluca.

JakeMelanie
Old 05-19-2018, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I remember back in the days, when they were sick of Roswell, especially during the 3rd season. I used to say: they are so Young, they don't realize. In 15 years, they will think back to their Roswell years with fondness, kind of like us, normal people, when we think back to school.
Totally!!

Except I'm not nostalgic of school at all
Old 05-19-2018, 11:13 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesophia (View Post)
Totally!!

Except I'm not nostalgic of school at all

Same. Well, I go through phases of not missing it all, then remembering good times.

I think the original cast went through what most of us go through - not appreciating what you have until it's gone. It makes me sad to think that some of them literally couldn't wait to get off the show, but I guess when you have other passions and dreams to pursue in life, it's understandable.

That said, I can't deny that I love how much Brendan and Majandra speak highly of the show nowadays.

I never really enjoyed Season 3 because Maria's arc seemed more aimed towards fulfilling Majandra's off-screen passion than being true to the character.

JakeMelanie
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top