Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2018, 10:45 AM
Elite Fan

My favorite sci-fi show is a time travel show, 12 monkeys. It's the most incredible thought out show about time travel. It's in its 4th and final season, final episode is this week. I really recommand that show, not many épisodes, maybe 10 or 13 a season but incredibly complex and intelligent. And the bonus is that if you start watching it, you won't have to wait until you know how it ends since it ends this week.

It's based on the movie with Bruce Willis but it went into another direction.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 06-29-2018, 08:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Oh I have heard of that! I remember the movie! I will have to check it out!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 06-30-2018, 07:56 AM
Elite Fan

It's really Worth watching. It's like Fringe. Another show that is incredibly complex but very, very clever and which are worth watching and rewatching. Also two shows where clues from season 1 get solved in later seasons. Amazing. Those kind of shows are rare.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I've never seen 12 Monkeys but it's one of my dad's favorite films, Mag!

Love this B+T art -

source
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-30-2018, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Aw thats gorgeous! Aw I want this show to happen so bad! I miss my Candies so much!

We are having a Heatwave here in NY and I can't help but think of this song and our Candies! (I still hate how they changed this song on the DVD's)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXLAT9nbQgI

Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 06-30-2018 at 08:47 PM
Old 07-01-2018, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Pretty art!
Emily
Old 07-01-2018, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Mag already knows, but I'll just confirm for everyone else -- I've had a name change! Was previously 4brathan&brucas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
Aw thats gorgeous! Aw I want this show to happen so bad! I miss my Candies so much!
I really hope we get surprise confirmation about B+T one day

I still feel confident it will happen... Just worried that it might take a long time. I don't like that the networks are prioritizing so many reboots/remakes.

Quote:
We are having a Heatwave here in NY and I can't help but think of this song and our Candies! (I still hate how they changed this song on the DVD's)
THAT EPIC SONG I agree with you I own the DVDs and I get angry just thinking about the soundtrack changes. Couldn't they have sorted out any copyright issues beforehand? Santana's song was PERFECT for that Candy scene.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-01-2018, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

Well, there's a heatwave over Europe too. I'm in France and we are reaching 38°C this afternoon .

Yeah, the Santana song not being on the DVD is still pissing me off. It was THE candy song. I can't hear that song on tv or on the radio without picturing Michael and Maria . Yep, even years later.

Old 07-02-2018, 04:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree Put Your Lights on by Santana will ALWAYS be a Candy song! It was so hot that scene!

I hate how they changed the music in the DVD's! Put Your Lights On was perfection with that scene!

It's funny I can't watch the DVD's sometimes because I hate how they changed the music and the original music went so well in certain scenes! I got into so many great bands and music because of Roswell!
Old 07-03-2018, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

The DVD soundtracks should be the same as what they were in their TV format.

The same thing happened with Dawson's Creek. So many changes, EVEN THE THEME SONG!
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Did they change all the songs?
Emily
Old 07-03-2018, 10:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Not all the songs. When the DVD's came out they had copyright issues with the music. I think it had to do with an over seas thing. So some songs on the DVD were changed or dropped all together.

Some DVD's actually do have the original music. I think the DVD's from China or Japan have them. I am not sure about other countries having the original music on the DVD.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I wish I had been able to record the originally transmitted episodes on VHS (actually, my player doesn't work anymore )

There's the odd clip of Candy scenes with the original music still around on YouTube and DailyMotion. Search hard enough and they're there.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-04-2018, 08:17 AM
Elite Fan

I heard that the german and the vietnamese DVD have the original songs. Here in France? not the case.

Old 07-04-2018, 09:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes I know the German DVD is the same from some of the German Roswell fan forum fans and fellow Fan Forum Mods telling me at different Roswell events back in the day. My fan forum friend Mai also has the Vietnamese DVD's and said the music is the original as well.

My fellow friend and former Co Mod Dreamer4ever aka Jen actually had a VHS DVD converter and converted one of my Roswell VHS tape to a DVD. It was when they reaired the Pilot and End Of The World on UPN back in the day. I am so glad I have it on DVD.

I remember my college roommate one summer lived in Switzerland and I gave her my VHS tapes of Departure when I came to visit because she couldn't get season 2 of Roswell in Switzerland. I think they were still on season one at the time. However I still wish I had the VHS tape.

My fellow friend and former Co Mod Dreamer4ever aka Jen also had all seaons on VHS that she tapped off of TV. I am not sure if she converted them to DVD's. Aw to have the whole series on DVD with original music!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 07-04-2018 at 09:51 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top