Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2018, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I think it's a shame Mag that Roswell was cancelled so suddenly because it really shows in how they try to wrap up loose threads (with Tess and their graduation exit) really rapidly. The whole vigilante thing kinda works, but at the same time, it really did come out of the blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
I remember Ringer! I liked that show.

And oops sorry - I was talking about Imposters, it was such a good show They tried to get it saved but Netflix passed. A real shame.

I didn't see Imposters but I'm sorry for you

Quote:
Look at how Angel was cancelled on a cliffhanger as well.

OMG I know I remember Joss saying he was furious because he planned big things for Angel and Spike as a team going forward in S6
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-25-2018, 09:18 AM
Elite Fan

Timeless has been cancelled, too. On a cliffhanger. That's so annoying. Reserve the cliffhangers for the sweep periods, not at the end of the season because nowadays, it's much more easier for channels to cancels shows than 25 years ago. The X-files could afford cliffhangers at the end of each season, renewal was obvious but nowadays? That's NOT obvious, even for successful shows like Lucifer.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 06-26-2018, 01:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Agreed the industry is handling cancellations terribly, and as proven with Ringer, they tend to do it without paying attention to where the shows are currently going with plots and character progression. They cancel midway through and totally underestimate the audiences' interest.

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-26-2018, 09:03 AM
Elite Fan

Aaaah, the good old times . I miss the time when we would have lots of new pics, stills, caps from épisodes, fanarts...

Old 06-26-2018, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I loved it that they weren't afraid to show their affection for each other in public

Also, they seemed like a really fun-loving, down to earth couple.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-26-2018, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

They where together in real life?
Emily
Old 06-26-2018, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool Prophet (View Post)
They where together in real life?

Yes A very turbulent but loving relationship for more than 3 years.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-27-2018, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Whoa. I had no idea.
Emily
Old 06-27-2018, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

They fell in love as they were making Roswell and were together at least another year after the show ended.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-27-2018, 07:43 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, maybe that helped with the chemistry, it wasn't fake. There was really that spark between them. And on top of that, we had some great pictures of the two of them, outside the show, the stills and so on .

Old 06-27-2018, 08:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

No one worked a red carpert like our Candies! I love the photos when they were at events!

I am so happy they are still so close even after they dated and are really good friends!

Speaking of shows I am loving the 100! Just started and I am up to episode 6!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 06-28-2018, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I just looked up the synopsis for The 100 and it sounds intriguing Dystopian genre is very much still in, Divergent sure did well Also, I saw Ricky Whittle in it? Haven't seen him for a long time. He used to be in a British soap opera named Hollyoaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag (View Post)
Yeah, maybe that helped with the chemistry, it wasn't fake. There was really that spark between them. And on top of that, we had some great pictures of the two of them, outside the show, the stills and so on .
I definitely see a lot of Brendan and Majandra in Michael and Maria Plus you can see it with their communication + passion for BARON & TOLUCA - that spark, still there
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-28-2018, 10:30 AM
Elite Fan

Ah, well, I fear that shows where there are deaths and love triangles aren't for me. And 9 times out of 10, I prefer CC couples. That's why I love Michael and Maria, Darcy and Elizabeth, Anne and Gilbert, Ben and Rey… (right, Gwen? canon, they are ! as Yoda would say).

Old 06-28-2018, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag (View Post)
Ah, well, I fear that shows where there are deaths and love triangles aren't for me. And 9 times out of 10, I prefer CC couples. That's why I love Michael and Maria, Darcy and Elizabeth, Anne and Gilbert, Ben and Rey… (right, Gwen? canon, they are ! as Yoda would say).

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-28-2018, 10:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
I just looked up the synopsis for The 100 and it sounds intriguing Dystopian genre is very much still in, Divergent sure did well Also, I saw Ricky Whittle in it? Haven't seen him for a long time. He used to be in a British soap opera named Hollyoaks.
I am a little bit late to the 100 it is on it's 5th season now. It was not what I was expecting at all. I remember seeing the trailer back in 2014 and thinking I am not that interested. Hence why I never watched it.

Then everyone on this board and my co mod Lisa kept on talking about it. They said it is the best scifi show with great character development. So this summer I decided to give it a shot. I usually pick a summer show to watch and a few summer books to read.

I am up to episode 6 and it is nothing like I thought it was going to be. Very original and different. I found out it was based on a book series. I never read the books but so far I am really liking the show.

I could totally see Brendan or Majandra on this show.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top