Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2016, 10:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I was the one who started the Remember Roswell Twitter Campaign when the new show Star Crossed was airing on the CW back in 2014.

Basically we did it as a way to let Star Crossed fans know about Roswell and to let the CW know that we still remembered Roswell after all these years.

What we did was during Star Crossed we would tweet during the show. We would mention Star Crossed and Roswell.

For example one tweet was "Watching #Starcrossed Emery and Roman are so Max and Liz #RememberRoswell

Quote:
#RememberRoswell Campaign

Howdy everyone!

We've been invited to join the Crashdown .com and Fanforum to help promote the #RememberRoswell Campaign!

What is the #RememberRoswell Campaign?
This campaign is to try to raise awareness about Roswell for old and new fans.

A new sci-fi show is starting February 17th on the CW network, called Star-Crossed. It is about aliens on Earth and a star-crossed alien/human love story. Sound familiar?
Well, it is somewhat similar to Roswell, but pretty different too. You can see a show overview here.

Not to mention that October 6, 2014 is the 15 year anniversary of when Roswell aired, and the year that Future Max said the world ended.

A Roswell fan, Roswell 10/2/00, came up with the great idea to promote Roswell using the new show Star-Crossed.

How can you help?
We are inviting all you Roswell fans out there to tweet about Roswell on February 17, 2014.

If we can get enough people tweeting about Roswell, we will bring a lot of positive attention to our beloved show, and hopefully get some new fans and bring some old fans out of hiding.

“Every Roswell fan should hash tag #StarCrossed #RememberRoswell in their tweet. So anyone watching star crossed a Roswell reference will pop up during the twitter feed.” – Roswell 10/2/00

Keep your tweets positive and focused on Roswell!
- Tell the Star-Crossed watchers why Roswell was great, and why they should be watching it.
- Relate why you still love the show, or tell about the epic romances.
- Explain about the star-crossed love of Max and Liz.
- Post your favorite quotes, favorite moments or story lines.
- Or use your own ideas to tell how The world changed because a boy loved a girl.

- And be sure to include #StarCrossed #RememberRoswell in every tweet!
We made banners for people to tweet durning the show as well. More info on the campaign found here.

Roswell Fan Campaigns

Roswell was noticed during the RememberRoswell twitter campaign. Bill Sadler and Shiri Appleby and Colin Hanks tweeted and RT.

Even Star Crossed cast members from the Star Corssed cast retweeted us and told us how they loved Roswell. Or some of the cast checked out Roswell over the twitter buzz.

Matt Lanter mentioned the Twitter Campaign in an article.

Quote:

Matt Lanter from The CW’s new show “Star-Crossed” mentioned “Roswell” in a recent interview. Read an excerpt below and please continue to tweet about Roswell ensuring that you add #RememberROSWELL #StarCrossed in your tweets!
Quote:
MATT LANTER: A ROMEO FROM ANOTHER PLANET

Matt Lanter: a Romeo from another planet | Reading Eagle - LIFE
[…] Cut to the present. Roman is one of the eight Atrians being integrated into the high school, while Emery (Aimee Teegarden) is one of the human students there. They reconnect, which does not go over well with her fellow students, with school officials or with Roman’s fellow Atrians.

“I think this is something we haven’t really seen before,” the friendly, uber-chatty Lanter said, speaking by telephone from his Los Angeles home. “Of course we’ve seen alien dramas before and shows that had aliens, but nothing quite like this one. A lot of people keep mentioning ‘Roswell’ (1999-2002), but I didn’t know what ‘Roswell’ was prior to this job.

“Once I saw stuff on the Internet about ‘Oh, this “Oxygen” pilot is “Roswell.” ‘ I Netflixed ‘Roswell’ and watched at least half a season of it,” he continued. “I really enjoyed it, but ‘Star-Crossed’ is nothing like ‘Roswell.’ The only obvious similarity is that there are aliens living among us here on Earth, but the huge difference is that ‘Roswell’ was about a community with a few aliens living, hidden, in the community. […]
So I think maybe during Brendan's show Night Shift you should do a Barron and Toluca twitter champaign.

For example say Watching Brendan show #Nightshift lets #NETFLIXforBandT

Tweet Night Shift or Roswell cast members about #NETFLIXforBandT and tell them to RT. Anything helps.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 07-29-2016, 06:20 AM
New Fan

NEW VIDEO JUST FOR YOU CANDIES I"M POSTING IT HERE-

Have we done enough to get B+T on NETFLIX....nope. Not quite. But we will get there....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcdMqpHqZqc

(thanks for the in put Erin- good thoughts!)

Would love to showcase your lovely banners in the next video.... feel free to email them to me at 9loveletters9@gmail.com if you want with your name
Old 07-29-2016, 02:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the new vid, Nomi! I'll have to check it out later.

My sister and I were running out of clever things to say in our tweets, so we started coming up with bad jokes/puns/wordplays on Baron and Toluca to make it interesting. If you guys happen to think of anything like that, feel free to join in when you tweet tomorrow. #BandTjokes (Of course, remember to still include #NETFLIXforBandT and @netflix in every tweet.)

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 07-29-2016, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9loveletters9 (View Post)
NEW VIDEO JUST FOR YOU CANDIES I"M POSTING IT HERE-

Have we done enough to get B+T on NETFLIX....nope. Not quite. But we will get there....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcdMqpHqZqc

(thanks for the in put Erin- good thoughts!)

Would love to showcase your lovely banners in the next video.... feel free to email them to me at 9loveletters9@gmail.com if you want with your name
The banners were what we made for the Remember Roswell twitter campaign.

However it might be a great way if someone could make cool Roswell Candy fan art and promote the campaign for Band For T

#NETFLIXforBandT

Great quote from Viva Las Vegas to use for the campaign!

Quote:
Michael: Whoever sent us down here was smart, you know? Because they sent us together, and as long as we stick together, we're gonna make it.~Viva Las Vegas

Matt: Hey, Maria. I'm really looking forward to seeing your band. ~Blind Date
This is what I tweeted tonight! It got a lot of retweets! Maybe someone should make a Roswell B+T banner for next weeks campaign.

Quote:
Like Michael said in VLV~they sent us together & as long as we stick together we're gonna make it! Support @BaronAndToluca #NETFLIXforBandT
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 07-30-2016 at 06:59 PM
Old 08-01-2016, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's great, Erin!

Old 08-01-2016, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

this new campaign is awesome! Thanks

Old 08-01-2016, 10:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I love the gif Podmom! Cohan is so funny!
Old 08-02-2016, 05:09 AM
Master Fan

Podmom did you tweet with us!? It's really fun! I was tweeting like crazy this Saturday again.

I'm Aubrey
Old 08-02-2016, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So how'd we do?

I'm frustrated. I tried to get my Tweet set up in advance since I was on vacation, but it didn't work.
ICON
Old 08-02-2016, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

I dont know how we did last SAturday.
I was tweeting up a storm...well kinda...
i was hosting a bbq so I think i did well.
The guests asked what i was tweeting about and just laughed.
Then I was like, well look out for the show because if it ever gets aired you know
that I helped make it happen!

I'm Aubrey
Old 08-02-2016, 12:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes I was tweeting up a storm as well! I know my tweets were retweeted not sure how we did.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is my Twitter account if anyone wants to follow me, I post there only about B&T and I'm trying to do my best.
I know tweets with pics are the most successful so I'm always including banners in my tweets.
{ max&liz #700
Kinda weird about that star, huh? Kinda sad...
It just doesn’t seem that something burning so bright could just…burn out.
#ROSWELLBACK
Old 08-02-2016, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, I'll follow you!

April what were you using to post them?

Old 08-02-2016, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I tried using that Tweet Deck thing, but it didn't work.
ICON
Old 08-03-2016, 07:12 AM
Master Fan

I used tweet deck last week and it worked for me.
I didn't use it for this past one though.
I created draft tweets and just sent them one minute after the other.

I'm Aubrey
Closed Thread   Post New Thread