Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2017, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I think the baby plot would of been more interesting if we saw more of Kivar. I mean we hear so much about him and bam he is in two episodes as a love sick frat boy going after Isabel.

This man was the destroyer of worlds. It would of fit more of the baby was with Kivar hence Max saying at the end of season 2 I have to save my son.

It would of been more interesting to see Kivar coming to earth leading up to a great battle showdown to save Max's son.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 05-03-2017, 08:45 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I could not care less about the baby or Kivar if I'm honest.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
I think the baby plot would of been more interesting if we saw more of Kivar. I mean we hear so much about him and bam he is in two episodes as a love sick frat boy going after Isabel.

This man was the destroyer of worlds. It would of fit more of the baby was with Kivar hence Max saying at the end of season 2 I have to save my son.

It would of been more interesting to see Kivar coming to earth leading up to a great battle showdown to save Max's son.
I am not sure. I didn't care for Khivar. Although it would have certainty been better to have him as a obstacle to Max and Liz or just even Max than love sick over Isabel who seemed only bothered when it looked like she was getting married on Earth. The idea he just left Max alone seemed off.

They probably didn't have the budget with the move to UPN or the time to go into any excess motivation with the baby. They knew how hated the baby story line was, so might as well keep it as a obstacle for Max and Liz trying to reunite post Tess because it was a living consequence even though for most of the time after they reunited, the baby was a abstract and therefore not living in Roswell and taking up Max's time. Yet it was still something Max was needing to figure out. And a symbol of how Max and Liz were running back to each other, and not talking about the big stuff.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

I do not understand, they knew that plot would be very unpopular but they still went there.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranto (View Post)
I do not understand, they knew that plot would be very unpopular but they still went there.
It's still mystifying, why. Probably because it was the only way to explain a deal between Nascedo and Khivar on Antar, and why Tess is gungho to go back after 10 years of being raised by Nascedo. The King's heir would be a key.

Of course it later backfired on Tess. I think the show also felt it was angsty for Max and Liz, and a consequence of Max sleeping with Tess after losing Alex, while in the middle of a war with Liz who is grieving, after starting this all in the first place in "End of the World".

So a consequence for actions of both Max and Liz. Sex was something Max could do because he was broken up from Liz. It was a slap in the face to everyone. But he was justified. But if there was a baby, it would be a slap in the face to Liz and make things even more dicier if Max and Liz tried to reunite...

Angsty is the name of the game for Max and Liz. Right or wrong.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:46 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I think they had a lot of faith in the dreamers, but as soon as "busted" aired it was obvious our fandom could not take more.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure angel (View Post)
I think they had a lot of faith in the dreamers, but as soon as "busted" aired it was obvious our fandom could not take more.
Maybe, but also when they were crafting the end of Season 2 they didn't know they had a save in UPN. The show could have been cancelled, and so they were trying to clear things up in "Departure" as much as they could. Yet leave openings, threads that could play on.

Michael picked Earth and Maria. Tess was defeated, gone. Alex's death was solved. Max and Liz were on the way to working things out. I don't know if they thought the "Dreamers" would stick around, but they wanted to make it angsty so that if the show ended, the season finale could be a hopeful ending...

And then they had to figure out how to move things on in the wake of everything that went down...
Old 05-04-2017, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

Could things really have ended with s2? that would have been tragic
Old 05-04-2017, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranto (View Post)
Could things really have ended with s2? that would have been tragic
There was a real chance, as WB basically cancelled it. But Buffy was moving to UPN, and so in the package, Roswell was thrown in as a addition to it. So UPN really didn't have a investment in the show, and why they cut it the first chance they could.

And that is why this time in Season 3, for good or bad. They knew to craft a season finale that could be a series finale, and a proper closure if indeed the show was going, and they weren't able to find a miracle save.

So yeah we were lucky we were able to see more in Season 3. And a happy ending for Max and Liz otherwise we would have been left with the ambiguous "Departure". They are in each other's arms, but things are still left open ended.

So in "Graduation" we got a proper closure.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree at least we got a proper ending.

I would of hated it if the show ended on a cliff hanger.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 05-04-2017, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
I agree at least we got a proper ending.

I would of hated it if the show ended on a cliff hanger.
At least in "Departure" you knew they were in each other's lives, and arms and likely made it work.

Now "Destiny" was the season finale that would have been a horrible finale if the tabasco sauce campaign by fans hadn't worked and the show had been cancelled. Liz walking away from Max, what a let down after a wonderful season.

At least with "Departure" you had them back in each other's arm and you had this sense they could work it out - we just wouldn't see it work out.

So for good and bad, we saw them work it out in Season 3. And then get their happy ending, and a glimpse of their wedding.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:52 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Well, that just proves that they did not give a damn about Max / Liz ... some nice from words Max were not enough.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure angel (View Post)
Well, that just proves that they did not give a damn about Max / Liz ... some nice from words Max were not enough.
But let's remember at the end of the day it's a television show. A show we love and adore, despite it's flaws. But they felt it was angsty and provided drama as it was a modern day Romeo and Juliet. Two cultures that keep giving them obstacles and try to split them and unlike the original telling, Max and Liz at least had a happy ending. Although they gave death a run for it's money and being television you can bring someone back to life LOL.

They could only do so much. They were hoping "Departure" wasn't the end, but given where the show was going in the arc, at least "Departure" clean the mess up. It could have been better in Season 3, certainly, but at least we got to see the new chapter. They could have done more. But also they were teenagers, and teenagers make mistakes. Especially teenage males. Liz had done a doozy too, but at least she was operating under "for the greater cause" because she knew Max couldn't handle losing Isabel and Michael if it could be prevented.

Max's mistake was hormone fueled, that had lasting consequences. And he could have explained it better, but a lot of what he said was true. Tess was like him. And we know from previous experience, when Tess puts on the charm (her powers), she can draw him to her and especially as he was embracing his alien side and investigating his life on Antar through his sessions with Tess. It was going to cause a lot issues with Max who was split from Liz, and now Alex was dead so he was under a lot of emotional burden.

It was a hard situation. I do think they cared about Max and Liz otherwise they wouldn't have gotten that happy ending. They could have split for good at any of those obstacles if they didn't care.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

If they did not got Max and Liz together after these events would it be the third world war?

Everything was so complicated, but because they wanted it that way.......
Old 05-05-2017, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I am just glad we got 3 seasons.

It would of been so heartbreaking if we only had season one and Destiny was it.

That ending still kills me with Max caling out Liz's name Liz crying and Michael telling Max you have to let her go.

I am just glad we got a wedding at the end of season 3!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top