Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey guys!

I dropped my laptop earlier, by accident.. and i have just noticed now, that one of the corners is chipped off.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:28 AM
Website Manager

It could have been worse though. But that still isn't good.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah i know. Could not work at all, i tripped over the cord and it fell .. i didn't even see the damage til now.
Such a bad night. First Australia comes so close and then loses in Cricket, then Roger Federer loses, and now this. Ah! This better not be telling me something for the coming week.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:58 AM
Website Manager

I think the worst thing I've done related to my computer... well old computer (which I need to get another power bar if I want to get them both going at the same time like I used to) is one night after I was heading to bed with the lights all off... bent down to pick up a 2L bottle I had knocked over and busted my lip open on the monitor... it's one of those older monitors, not one of the flatscreens (I got a flatscreen for my new computer not old)... suffice it to say I had a face cloth with ice in it on my lip for awhile after that and took a bit to get to sleep.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh wow, that sounds painful. When i had a desktop computer, i had one of those old Monitors because i was too broke to get anything else and it didnt' bother me on having a flatscreen or not.

I'm usually pretty careful with my laptop. but i can get clumsy at times.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Website Manager

Yeah, I love my flatscreen... mostly cause I can have a bigger screen and fit it into my computer desk better than what an old monitor would fit in.

Can't remember the last time I used my floppy drive.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Heh yeah and i guess being a flat screen would be easier to see things.

A floppy drive? It's been so long, i barely even remember what that is
Old 02-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Website Manager

Well my computer has one built in... can't really take it out. Don't need a new computer so it stays... Just wish I could record TV shows on my computer like I used to... but need cable TV for that.

It's easier to see things yes, but I like the fact that it's more compact.

I think I still have an episode of Supernatural and some Corner Gas to watch at some point... and tonnes of Private Practice... since I haven't watched that in quite awhile now.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ah, i would love to be able to record TV on my computer. Maybe in a year or two i'll get a new computer with a TV Tuner

i don't have any eps on my computer , but i do have alot of catching up to do that's for sure. And because of my knack for liking most shows, i tend to have alot to watch. ugh, i'm so bad. but i can't resist checking out a potential good show.

Anyway, i've gotta go to bed since it's 4am and i was woken up by my mum at 11am this morning (And i went to bed at 4am, lol). I have a feeling i might be woken up earlier tomorrow. But it's so hot, i wish this heat would leave and come back next year

Old 02-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Website Manager

I recommend checking out Dollhouse but you probably know that since you're temping that with me.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, yes i always planned on checking that out.
And now i have my internet back... (i will have my broadband, later in the week) i can catch up all i have missed while i was away.

Enjoy your day Johnnie!
Old 02-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Website Manager

I intend to.

I remember when I had to pay some absurd amount (which may have been over a hundred, but I know the cost of it would have been more than High Speed) to my brother... as at the time I was a new customer as far as having a phone... and to stop from having to pay some kind of fee [like 100 or so?] for something, I opted to put a total restriction on my line (6 months I think) which meant no long distance or additional things on my bill, other than basic phone... so I used dial-up with my brothers password for a little while as at one point he could do unlimited internet on dial-up as well as High Speed... but something changed and it turned out it was like 10 hours a month or something dial-up and unlimited High Speed... so I ended up paying a bit on their bill cause it showed up on like two of their bills...

I later got a trial for AOL dial-up started, which I think lasted about 3 months, and then we talked to the phone company and got my mom to put the high speed on her bill [and I just paid her] until the remaining time was up and then they just switched it over to my bill... Annoying times. That was about 6 years ago.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am back skipped the rest of the work
Old 02-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Website Manager

Welcome back

I think I'm going to catch up on some TV shows shortly.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Did your day is great so far?

I want to get something to eat
Closed Thread   Post New Thread