Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2003, 09:57 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeh, I know theres a director's cut of the 2 part series finali which id love to see but its difficult to get ahold of. Anyone know sites which you can dwnld Xena eps?
Old 02-21-2003, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

Oh we have the director's version of the finale around here. Can find it in most video places. I didn't get it, because I have a fairly good copy of the episode on tape. And I had downloaded Lucy, Renee and Rob's commentary too.

As for downloads, I have no idea where you can get entire episodes. I only know of a few places that have clips. I missed Past Imperfect the other day on the reruns, so I've been trying to find some clips of it myself.

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 02-21-2003, 11:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by 100%_Tara_fan:
<STRONG>Damn I hope so! A movie would be so great.</STRONG>
oh frekkin ya it would be. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Chandler/Rachel

Matthew Perry is my happy place.
Old 02-21-2003, 11:53 PM
Elite Fan

Speaking of the movie again, I was just over at Xenaville and they have this little tidbit posted. I don't have any idea how accurate it is, but the site itself usually is a good source for news.

Quote:
I hope this is a wind up, but the Dark Horizons Movie News website is reporting on more rumours for the XENA movie. They say..

Xena: The Movie: ITV reports that the film will go ahead with not only "a stunning soundtrack provided by the series' original composer - Joseph Lo Duca" but a special Xena and Gabriel relationship theme song called "When I Look at You" by Mariah Carey.

Old 02-23-2003, 01:11 AM
Passionate Fan

Im gonna try dwnld it.
Old 02-23-2003, 03:47 AM
New Fan

Hey Casandra!

Yeah, I've heard the Mariah rumour as well! I don't think many people are taking it seriously since we don't even know if there is a movie yet...

The wait is driving me insane! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

And as for Mariah, eh. If that were to happen, I guess it'll be okay since she is such a big name, but I'm not much of a fan.

I'm hoping that Joseph DoLuca would come back to do the music for the movie, he was amazing!

I went on a road trip not to long ago, and we put in the Bitter Suite musical c.d since we were all Xena fans, and had a great time singing badly to it, lol! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

How great were Lucy and Kevin? I find it funny that Renee had to be dubbed over, though I love it when Gabrielle sings.

"Well, listen to my story 'bout Gabrielle..."

LOL! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Chakram
Old 02-23-2003, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by 100%_Tara_fan:
<STRONG>We have up to season 4 of Xena on DVD in Australia. Are seasons 4/5/6 available anywhere?</STRONG>
Yeah, you can get all six seasons on DVD in England. We always seem to get TV shows on DVD first, since there's no syndication here, and therefore no rules on when they can be released.

I loved Xena! Sadly I haven't seen any of Seasons 5 or 6, because the channel that aired it here stopped showing it. Well, they still show old repeats on Saturday morning, but never S5 or S6 episodes. I was tempted to get the DVDs, but they're so expensive!

I loved the Callisto episodes, especially the one where she switched bodies with Xena. I think the first episode she ever appeared in was my favourite cause it also introduced Joxer. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Aside from always watching the TV show, I've got the computer game for the N64 too. It's great to beat up the likes of Velasca and Despair with Xena/Gabrielle. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Good times, good times.
Old 02-23-2003, 12:28 PM
New Fan

Argh! Paul, you need to get your hands on some new Xena episodes! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Personally, season five is my least favourite season of the series, but season six, for the most part, just rocks!

So many great episodes and if you're a subtexter, you'll love it even more.

As for dvd's, I'm patiently waiting for box sets which have special features on them, or else I would have bought them all ages ago.

Thankfully, they are coming out soon, so I need to start saving up some money. Now, if only I knew where to find this money... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Chakram
Old 02-23-2003, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Chakram:
<STRONG>Argh! Paul, you need to get your hands on some new Xena episodes! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] </STRONG>
Tell me about it! Gabrielle looks more warrior-like from the pictures that I've seen. I've barely seen any episodes after she had the hair cut, and I want to see her kick some ass. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG>As for dvd's, I'm patiently waiting for box sets which have special features on them, or else I would have bought them all ages ago. </STRONG>
Oh, are there new versions coming out? I might wait till then... I looked at the listing for the Season 1 DVD and they're all in the wrong order! I know that all the S1 episodes are stand alone, but even so, they should be in transmission order, IMO.
Old 02-23-2003, 03:27 PM
Elite Fan

Ah yes, Season 6 is definitely my fave too [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Of course that's probably because I'm a subtexter [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And I agree with you Chakram, Season 5 seemed a little lacking. Although I loved Gabrielle's new kick ass attitude [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But you can see that in the sixth season just as well.

I haven't seen the fourth season yet, since I'm fairly new to the series. Just started watching the reruns on Oxygen late this summer. So they're just getting around to airing that season now. Any particular episodes I should be looking forward to? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2003, 02:02 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Tell me about it! Gabrielle looks more warrior-like from the pictures that I've seen. I've barely seen any episodes after she had the hair cut, and I want to see her kick some ass.
Oh, she definitely does!!! No more Pacifist Gabby, that's for sure!

Quote:
Oh, are there new versions coming out? I might wait till then... I looked at the listing for the Season 1 DVD and they're all in the wrong order! I know that all the S1 episodes are stand alone, but even so, they should be in transmission order, IMO.
Well, according to http://ausxip.com/

"Anchor Bay will be releasing the Xena season by season boxed sets, I called them up and spoke with Mike Felsher, the Film Information Manager with Anchor Bay. He confirmed that the Anchor Bay DVD releases will be different than the Davis/Panzer mail order releases.

Unlike the D/P releases, these releases are sporting newly remastered transfers of each episode, including brand new Dolby 5.1 surround tracks and bonus features yet to be determined. He gave me an April 2003 release for Xena season 1 and a June 2003 release for Hercules season 1.

Anchor Bay is committed to presenting the show in the original aspect ratio. He said, in part: "We will be presenting the show in the original screen format whatever it may be. If the show legitimately went to 16x9 in future seasons, then that is what will be released to DVD.

Starting with Xena Season 3, episode 3 (since the first two eps of season 3 were shot during the tail end of season 2 and held over), this will be the first time ANYWHERE that the 16x9 widescreen version of the show will be available. (The worldwide sets put out by Universal in regions 2 and 4 were pan and scan, not widescreen.)".

Unless I'm mistaken, I think this series of box sets will have extra features. If I find out any more, I'll let you know!

Quote:
I haven't seen the fourth season yet, since I'm fairly new to the series. Just started watching the reruns on Oxygen late this summer. So they're just getting around to airing that season now. Any particular episodes I should be looking forward to?
Actually, I wasn't much of a fan of season four, but after I took the time to rewatch it, it's now one of my favourite seasons! Love it.

My favourite episodes:

Adventures In The Sin Trade

A Family Affair (have you seen this yet?)

In Sickness and in Hell (I personally love this episode! I find it hilarious, though you'd get a pretty divided opinion on it.)

A Good Day (great, great ep!)

Crusader (I think you'll like this one!)

If The Shoe Fits (another comedy, Gabrielle is hilarious!)

Paradise Found is a very subtexty episode, though, I'm one of the very few subtexters who isn't a big fan. It has some great moments though (bath tub!!!)

Then you come across the "India Trilogy" which I enjoyed, especially Between The Lines!

The Play's The Thing is another one of my favourite comedies, and Endgame and Ides of March are two of my favourite episodes ever! Awesome stuff!

Let me know what you think of the season. Besides season six, it's probably next in line in terms of subtext.

I think you'll like it! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] What episodes have you seen so far?

Chakram
Old 02-24-2003, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

I've seen up through 'If the Shoe Fits', which I just got done watching actually. Although I missed the three in between that and 'Crusader' because a tractor trailer decided to take out our cable line last week.

Paradise Found is tommorrow, and I've been looking forward to it. Probably just for the hot tub scene [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I've seen Endgame and Ides of March already, those were one of the first ones I saw. Just started watching when they were finishing the fourth season [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]

I liked In Sickness and in Hell too. Funny as all get out, especially with the rabid bunny [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I still gotta go with Fins, Femmes and Gems as my all time fave comedy episode though. Attis the Ape Man was just too much. I'm not a Joxer fan, but Ted just nailed that episode [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

What are some of your alltime favorite episodes of all six seasons?

Old 02-24-2003, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

Chakram, thanks for the information on the remastered DVDs. It doesn't come as a surprise really, since fans were disappointed by the lack of extras on the current releases. I'm not a huge fan of extras though really; I mean, they're nice, but at the end of the day as long as all the episodes are there, that's all I really care about. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Some of my favourite episodes are:

Warrior... Princess (Tramp), (Priestess) etc.: All the episodes featuring Meg and Princess Diana. Lucy was great at playing three different characters. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I think Diana called it her "Shamrock". [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Been There, Done That: Groundhog day, Xena style. I loved it when the cockerel felt the wrath of Xena's Chakram at one point. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Callisto: The highlight of Season One, in my opinion. The ladder fight at the end was really well done, and Callisto is the type of villain who you love to hate.

A Day In The Life: Introduced Minya! I think it was the one where Xena fights with the pans and incurs the wrath of Gabrielle for doing so. Lol.

For Him The Bell Tolls: One of the best comedy eps of Season Two. Every time a bell rings, Joxer turns into a suave warrior who all the women swoon over. I love Joxer. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The Price: When the Horde return and Xena returns to her old warrior ways in order to survive. One of the better serious episodes in my opinion.

I think I'll stop now, or I'll start listing all the episodes. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2003, 04:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Are there any stations that are doing reruns of Xena? I haven't seen it on broadcast but maybe it is on a cable channel and I've just missed it.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:27 PM
Elite Fan

If you're in the States, the Oxygen network airs them twice a day. That's a cable channel, one that I'm not sure every cable company carries.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread