Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2003, 07:57 AM
Passionate Fan

Xena Warrior Princess: We'd Do Anything To Hear That War Cry One Last Time!

Welcome Xenites to the Xena Thread. I wanna see heeps of fans posting here and talking about virtuallly anything to do with the Xenaverse!

To start us off here's some Xena images:

We all remember the savage bunny attack [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Xena as Callisto....

Love those eyes....

She may be off the air but will forever ramain in our hearts...

...and taped VHS collections

[ 01-28-2003: Message edited 100%_Tara_fan ]
Old 01-28-2003, 09:41 AM
Loyal Fan

I heard a rumour on TV last week about a possible Xena movie. Anyone else hear anything about this?
Old 01-28-2003, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by No1important:
<STRONG>I heard a rumour on TV last week about a possible Xena movie. Anyone else hear anything about this?</STRONG>
From Darkhorizons

Quote:
Xena: The Movie: The warrior princess herself Lucy Lawless was on nationwide radio station 91ZM in New Zealand yesterday according to TheFlikSpot where she apparently indicated a movie based on the Xena series is in the works, although its in early stages as yet. A decent budget (around $50-60 million) seems to be on the cards with the film to be treated like a blockbuster for Universal. She didn't apparently elaborate on a story or cast but did confirm a few of the regulars would return along with some new bigger names. Thanks to 'Ryan'
Old 01-28-2003, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I wouldn't mind seeing a Xena movie...

I can't see Ares being in it, though... The actor that played him is dead, and I can't see anyone else playing that part. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Also, at xenahercules.com, they have the whole first season of Xena available on DVD...
Old 01-29-2003, 12:09 AM
Passionate Fan

Id [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] to see a Xena movie! But theyd have to work out some way to bring Xena back to life or something er-rather....

What are your favourite eps guys?
Old 01-29-2003, 05:09 AM
Elite Fan

Been there, Done that!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

That was the best one ever!!

And, I like the one with Cupid's son shooting people with Cupid's arrows...
Old 01-29-2003, 09:41 PM
Passionate Fan

I loved that ep too. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] - when Xena throws the chakram at Joxer.

Some of my favs are:

Adventures In the Sin Trade (Pt 1 & 2)
Tsunami
Between The Lines
Ides of March
The Ring Trilogy

and many, many more.

Does anyone own any or all the soundtracks?
Old 01-30-2003, 07:19 AM
Elite Fan

You know I kept saying I was gonna start a thread like this and I kept putting it off.

Thank you for starting it Tara Fan [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

As for the movie news, apparently it's all true, but it's still in the baby stages. Lucy DID mention it on the radio, and in an interview she gave to Lesbian News magazing earlier this month. For any subtext fans, it's a definite must read [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And Sharon Delaney, the head of the fan club, apparently talked to Rob Tapert about it and he said it was within the 3 year range to be produced.

I'd hate if they recast Ares though, Kevin Smith owned that role, and I can't see anyone else playing it. But the possibilties for storylines for the movie are pretty endless. They have about 3 timelines they could use to boot. Xena and Gabrielle, Mel and Janice and the Clones in the present day [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Hmm, as for favorite episodes, being the subtext fan that I am, I have to go with 'When Fates Collide'. Absolutely loved the entire episode. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 01-30-2003, 08:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Hello [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm not a pepsi, or a Sepratist, I don't live in a cabane a sucre,
And I don't know Jean, francine, or Suzette from Quebec,
Although I'm very certain that they really don't care.
Montreal is The true birthplace of hockey!
And the best part of Canada!
My name is Ariel,
and I AM A MONTREALER! Thank you

Insane Buffy Fans community
Old 01-30-2003, 09:27 PM
Passionate Fan

Wow, cant wait for a movie. Hey Cassandra and Farie! Welcome to the thread. And you welcome (for me opening it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] )

Just as a sort of treat, here's a site where you can download all of the Xena Soundtracks. For those unfortunate guys out there (like me) who cant buy them where theyre at in the world.
http://www.geocities.com/xena2011/xe...trackmp3s.html

When Fates Collide for me, has one of the most moving endings in the entire Xena episode history.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:49 PM
Passionate Fan

I like this pic [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 01-30-2003: Message edited 100%_Tara_fan ]
Old 01-30-2003, 09:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey everyone. [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Thanks for opening up a Xena thread Tara_fan! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I really miss Xena. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Some of my fav eps are:

- Sacrifice (Parts 1 &2)
- The Bitter Suite
- The Rheingold
- The Ring
- Return of the Valkyrie
- Adventured In The Sin Trade (Parts 1 & 2)
- Fallen Angel

I better stop there or I'll be listing every episode. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I really hope there will be a Xena movie. It'll be great to see Xena again. And on the big screen! Battle on Xena! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2003, 10:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Here's a few pics. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2003, 01:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by 100%_Tara_fan:
<STRONG>
When Fates Collide for me, has one of the most moving endings in the entire Xena episode history.</STRONG>
Total agreement.

I know alot of people who look to that as the 'real' ending of the series because they were just so displeased with 'Friend in Need'.

And that's a great site you linked, one of my faves [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Another of my favorite sets of episodes were the three Norse trilogy ones. Using Norse mythology, with the great Germanic backdrop, and of course the whole soulmates bit [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 01-31-2003, 06:52 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, I loved those three Norse mythology eps! They are my alltime favourite eps. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]