Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2004, 07:04 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nab
X-Men 157 is out Wednesday? I'm looking forward to it.
Yesss!!
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...rvelfirsts.htm

bb,
Samwise
Old 05-17-2004, 09:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

That's not the Joss Whendon one right? I thought that came out the 26th. What's going on in Ultimates? I grabbed #444 by accident (pleasant accident) and I what to know how my favorite character is doing in that story.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Samwise Gamgee
Yay!
I guess we're just bringin you back to the x-world!

Can't wait for the X-Men #157... out wednesday!

bb,
Samwise
Heh, we'll have to see. I'm already collecting a ton of stuff, and it would take a lot of $$ for me to get my series back in order. Heh, just in Uncanny alone, I would need to purchase over 150 back issues, including 248, which I sold off.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:45 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SPR Invader Kim
That's not the Joss Whendon one right? I thought that came out the 26th. What's going on in Ultimates? I grabbed #444 by accident (pleasant accident) and I what to know how my favorite character is doing in that story.
Joss is on Astonishing!
X-Men #157 is with Austen and Larroca. I'm not familiar with Austen's work, but this is the issue I want the most because of Rogue, Gambit and Iceman!

Who's ur fave character? Don't remember!
I don't read Ultimate... I don't even know what is about!

bb,
Samwise
Old 05-18-2004, 06:47 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar
Heh, we'll have to see. I'm already collecting a ton of stuff, and it would take a lot of $$ for me to get my series back in order. Heh, just in Uncanny alone, I would need to purchase over 150 back issues, including 248, which I sold off.
I understand... u're just like me.
Pick just a single issue, or just restart from now it isn't enough. We need to have ALL issues back till now!

You could start with Astonishing... #1 is about to come!
Emma, Cyclops, Beast, Wolvie and Kitty. But I know u don't like Emma.

bb,
Samwise
Old 05-18-2004, 07:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Joss is on Astonishing!
X-Men #157 is with Austen and Larroca. I'm not familiar with Austen's work, but this is the issue I want the most because of Rogue, Gambit and Iceman!

Who's ur fave character? Don't remember!
I don't read Ultimate... I don't even know what is about!

bb,
Samwise
Okay... Astonishing comes out next weekish. Sweet. Joss Whendon is like the coolest fantasy writer lately. Too bad Angel is ending, it would have been fun to have Lorne mention working on X-men or something.

I am a big old Nightcrawler fan.

Ultimates started the series when the core group (Storm, Cyclops, Beast, and Jean) are teenagers. Also Logan is from Operation Desert storm and yeah... it's a good way to wedge back into the fold.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:14 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Okay... Astonishing comes out next weekish. Sweet. Joss Whendon is like the coolest fantasy writer lately. Too bad Angel is ending, it would have been fun to have Lorne mention working on X-men or something.

I am a big old Nightcrawler fan.

Ultimates started the series when the core group (Storm, Cyclops, Beast, and Jean) are teenagers. Also Logan is from Operation Desert storm and yeah... it's a good way to wedge back into the fold.
I like Nightcrawler too!

Rogue? Ultimate has some Rogue??

bb,
Samwise
Old 05-18-2004, 09:18 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Rogue? Ultimate has some Rogue??

bb,
Samwise
Sometimes I forget Rogue is in the book. She's usually just standing in the background, like a tree.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nab
Sometimes I forget Rogue is in the book. She's usually just standing in the background, like a tree.
She and someone (I think Kitty) were calling dibs on Angel when he first was there. And she has parents. I think the best character in Ultimates so far is Beast, but I've always loved Beast.

What is it about the blue characters in X-men? My friend and I were having a drunk conversation about this right after X2 came out. Basically it was "There's a lot of blue in X-men, with Beast in the new movie there'll be three characters". That's the G-rated version of that conversation. Drunk casting came into play and how we were going to be the casting directors and there'd be a "casting couch" for new characters like Gambit, Havok, basically all the males... including Beast. Fun night
Old 05-19-2004, 03:06 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
She and someone (I think Kitty) were calling dibs on Angel when he first was there. And she has parents. I think the best character in Ultimates so far is Beast, but I've always loved Beast.

What is it about the blue characters in X-men? My friend and I were having a drunk conversation about this right after X2 came out. Basically it was "There's a lot of blue in X-men, with Beast in the new movie there'll be three characters". That's the G-rated version of that conversation. Drunk casting came into play and how we were going to be the casting directors and there'd be a "casting couch" for new characters like Gambit, Havok, basically all the males... including Beast. Fun night

You always crack me up!!

I'd like to be a cast director too! But I'm really not into blue guys!

bb,
Samwise
Old 05-19-2004, 03:07 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nab
Blah! I really don't want to read these books!
Can't see my fave character just standing like a tree when Storm gets all the atention!

bb,
Samwise
Old 05-19-2004, 04:48 AM
Elite Fan

Heh, I've never liked storm, she was never developed as much as I would have liked.

I was always a fuzzy elf fan. I thought they made him too nice. With his powers, he could have been so much more evil.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

Wasn't that the contradiction of Nightcrawler? He looks like the devil, but the sweetest guy you'll ever meet. Sorta' taught you that looks can be deciving? The one thing I never liked was he should have been fat. Dude if I had his power I'd be lazy and fat and they should have an alternate universe showing what the mutants would do if they didn't have to fight all the time. He'd be fat and lazy. He wouldn't need to walk or drive anywhere. He'd be the fat gym teacher.

Sam- here to entertain.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:36 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Wasn't that the contradiction of Nightcrawler? He looks like the devil, but the sweetest guy you'll ever meet. Sorta' taught you that looks can be deciving? The one thing I never liked was he should have been fat. Dude if I had his power I'd be lazy and fat and they should have an alternate universe showing what the mutants would do if they didn't have to fight all the time. He'd be fat and lazy. He wouldn't need to walk or drive anywhere. He'd be the fat gym teacher.

Sam- here to entertain.

You're right! Who wants to walk when u can teleport?!

bb,
Samwise
Old 05-19-2004, 07:38 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar
Heh, I've never liked storm, she was never developed as much as I would have liked.
She USED to be one of my fave characters, but she's just gettin on my nerves nowadays! And after she kissed Remy... I can't stand her!

(Rogue/Gambit crazy shipper )

bb,
Samwise
Closed Thread   Post New Thread