Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2020, 04:11 AM
Absolute Fan

ok thanks for the clarification, I guess we will just have to wait and see...
Old 01-09-2020, 05:06 AM
Extreme Fan

So I am swinging by here as I have just finished S1...

People ship Geralt & Ciri?

I mean I have not read the books nor played the games, but I got the impression Ciri is like 15. And Geralt seems pretty into Yen, thankfully as she's an adult!
Old 01-09-2020, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Welcome to the thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
ok thanks for the clarification, I guess we will just have to wait and see...
this is how their last scene looks like. To me, it doesn't seem like they survived

Quote:
Geralt opened his eyes, irritated by the play of light and shadow through his eyelids. He saw leaves above him, a kaleidoscope of leaves flickering in the sun. He saw branches heavy with apples. He felt the soft touch of fingers on his temple and cheek. Fingers he knew. Fingers he loved so much it hurt. His belly and chest hurt, his ribs hurt and the tight corset of bandages left him in no doubt that the town of Rivia and the three-fanged trident hadn’t been a nightmare.

‘Lie still, my darling,’ Yennefer said gently. ‘Lie still. Don’t move.
’ ‘Where are we, Yen?’
‘Is it important? We’re together. You and me.’ Birds–either greenfinches or thrushes–were singing. It smelled of grass, herbs and flowers. And apples.
‘Where’s Ciri?’
‘She’s gone away.’ She changed her position, gently freeing her arm from under his head and lay down beside him on the
grass so that she could look in his eyes. She looked at him voraciously, as though she wanted to feast her eyes on the sight, as though she wanted to eat him up with her eyes to store it away, for the whole of eternity. He looked at her too, and longing choked him. ‘We were with Ciri in a boat,’ he recalled. ‘On a lake. Then on a river. On a river with a strong current. In the fog.’ Her fingers found his hand and squeezed it strongly. ‘Lie still, my darling. Lie still. I’m beside you. It doesn’t matter what happened, doesn’t matter where we were. Now I’m beside you. And I’ll never leave you. Never.’ ‘I love you, Yen.’ ‘I know.’ ‘All the same,’ he sighed,
‘I’d like to know where we are.’
‘Me too,’ said Yennefer, quietly and not right away.

‘And is that the end of the story?’ Galahad asked a moment later.

‘Not at all,’ protested Ciri, rubbing one foot against the other, wiping off the dried sand that had stuck to her toes and the sole of her foot. ‘Would you like the story to end like that? Like hell! I wouldn’t!’ ‘So what happened then?’ ‘Nothing special,’ she snorted. ‘They got married.’ ‘Tell me.’ ‘Aaah, what is there to tell? There was a great big wedding. They all came: Dandelion, Mother Nenneke, Iola and Eurneid, Yarpen Zigrin, Vesemir, Eskel … Coën, Milva, Angoulême … And my Mistle … And I was there, I drank mead and wine. And they, I mean Geralt and Yennefer, had their own house afterwards and were happy, very, very happy. Like in a fairy tale. Do you understand?’

‘Why are you weeping like that, O Lady of the Lake?’

‘I’m not weeping at all. My eyes are watering from the wind. And that’s that!’
Old 01-09-2020, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
People ship Geralt & Ciri?

I mean I have not read the books nor played the games, but I got the impression Ciri is like 15. And Geralt seems pretty into Yen, thankfully as she's an adult!
The show runner said that Ciri is 12 years old, but she's played by Freya Allan, who is 18 years old.
Maybe that's the reason why some people ship Geralt and Ciri.

Hopefully Season 2 will clarify that Ciri is like a daughter for Geralt.

I agree with you that Geralt seems pretty into Yen ... She's the only person who can throw him off balance.

That kiss!

Old 01-09-2020, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

There's so much chemistry between them!
Old 01-10-2020, 06:49 AM
Absolute Fan

oh without a doubt, the chemistry between Henry and Anya is electrifying! And Geralt and Yennefer are truly 'soulmates', even though Yennefer doesn't believe it now but they do genuinely love each other

As for the Geralt and Ciri shippers, like I said they are mainly just people who are not familiar with the books and games and misinterpreted their relationship in the series, hopefully they are only a small minority because it is truly gross to ship 2 characters who have a father and daughter relationship
Old 01-10-2020, 07:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Total Witcher newbie here, but they keep referring to Ciri as Geralt's "child by surprise", and reacting to him like a deadbeat dad when he says he's not been around her at all. The father/daughter thing seemed very obvious to me! I guess there's people that'll ship everything, there's a few out there that I really do not get at all.

I am certain Geralt and Yen will reunite in S2, relationship drama doesn't surprise me in shows anyway I prefer him with a woman confident in her powers who is more an equal rather than someone he is meant to protect.

Are the books good? I was a big GOT nerd books and show till the show killed itself in S8 and ruined it, a new different fantasy series might be good for me!
Old 01-10-2020, 08:19 AM
Absolute Fan

Yeah I'm not familiar with the books and games either and I knew they referred to Geralt & Ciri's relationship being father & daughter, I think those who ship them together just didn't pay attention. And Geralt & Yennefer definitely will be reunited in S2, I can't wait!
Old 01-10-2020, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Total Witcher newbie here, but they keep referring to Ciri as Geralt's "child by surprise", and reacting to him like a deadbeat dad when he says he's not been around her at all. The father/daughter thing seemed very obvious to me! I guess there's people that'll ship everything, there's a few out there that I really do not get at all.

I am certain Geralt and Yen will reunite in S2, relationship drama doesn't surprise me in shows anyway I prefer him with a woman confident in her powers who is more an equal rather than someone he is meant to protect.

Are the books good? I was a big GOT nerd books and show till the show killed itself in S8 and ruined it, a new different fantasy series might be good for me!
I'm enjoying reading them! Especially the Jaskier/Geralt relationship, there's so much more to it when they travel together!
Old 01-11-2020, 07:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah I'm not familiar with the books and games either and I knew they referred to Geralt & Ciri's relationship being father & daughter, I think those who ship them together just didn't pay attention. And Geralt & Yennefer definitely will be reunited in S2, I can't wait!
Probably, I have also seen people ship characters with other characters who are clearly a parental figure to them. I don't get it at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I'm enjoying reading them! Especially the Jaskier/Geralt relationship, there's so much more to it when they travel together!
Sounds good Jaskier's songs are always entertaining!
Old 01-11-2020, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 01-11-2020, 05:41 PM
Master Fan

I totally agree with the New York Times on this ... Henry is Geralt in perfection

Quote:
Sounds good Jaskier's songs are always entertaining!
And there are so many good "Toss a coin..." cover versions on YT

I'm a metal fan, so this is my favorite cover version:

Old 01-11-2020, 06:10 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Probably, I have also seen people ship characters with other characters who are clearly a parental figure to them. I don't get it at all!
some people are so silly they ship anyone, even when 2 characters clearly only have a platonic relationship and nothing more.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

the metal version's great!
Old 01-12-2020, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
some people are so silly they ship anyone, even when 2 characters clearly only have a platonic relationship and nothing more.
Agreed on that!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread