Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2004, 11:40 AM
Master Fan

Who are your all time favorite characters? #1

I'm new to the forum (or at least I think I am) .

I have a question for you all? Who are your all time favorites in the comic book, fantasy or scifi genres? Please give a brief explanation on why they are your favorites. Thank you.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

I could think of dozens ... some of the obvious ones:

John Crichton (Farscape) - The range of the character, the way he reacts to the strange situations he's thrown into.

Scorpius (Farscape) - Normally I'm not that interested in villains, but I'm fascinated by characters who do the wrong thing for the right reasons, and the moral ambiguity of it all. Plus, the actor is fantastic.

Spike (Buffy The Vampire Slayer) - Again, the range of the character. The huge story arc they had for him over S4-S7. Again, the moral ambiguity they played with in the character, trying to be accepted by the "good" guys without actually caring about the morality of right and wrong.

Malcolm Reynolds (Firefly) - All the characters on Firefly were amazing, and I cannot think of a show (except for other Joss Whedon shows) where the characters were so well developed within the first 13 episodes. Mal tops the list of characters I miss most from that show, followed closely by Jayne and Wash.

Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation) - All the best storylines developed for STTNG revolved around Data, and what it meant to be human. A close second is Picard, and the ultimate episodes emphasized both of those two characters.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:44 PM
Master Fan

Female:

Aeryn Sun - Farscape (IMHO, best female character of all time) -- strong, funny, brave, smart...

Commander Susan Ivanova - Babylon 5

Delenn - Babylon 5

Male:

G'Kar - Babylon 5: The ultimate dynamic character; began as a rather bad individual, but learned and became better, nobler, and wiser

Londo - B5: The ultimate tragic character; Very likeable, had great qualities, and made some really bad mistakes.

John Crichton: Another superb dynamic character and flawed hero; He begin so innocent and naive; became feared, hated, loved, and admired, sometimes through no fault of his own; fiercely loyal to his friends and the woman he loves

Scorpius - By far, the best villain I've ever experienced in any book, movie, or TV show.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

I'll just mention one for now.

Ronald Sandoval, Earth: Final Conflict

One of the best, most complex, and most villainous villains I've ever seen. He underwent real character development throughout the series, while remaining a villain - and a force to be reckoned with.

Old 10-20-2004, 12:08 AM
Elite Fan

Easy Crichton and Scorpy...the chemstry between the two is amazing!

Aeryn of course, chiana, Talia....

No one's mentioned sisco, though? Or Worf? Jadzia Dax?
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar
No one's mentioned sisco, though? Or Worf? Jadzia Dax?
I really liked Ezri's spots.

Old 10-20-2004, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Too many to list. But top fave tv sf/supernatural fiction characters, #1 male and female? Probably Buffy (BTVS) and Lex (Smallville).
Quote:
Originally posted by AlexEvans
I'll just mention one for now.

Ronald Sandoval, Earth: Final Conflict

One of the best, most complex, and most villainous villains I've ever seen. He underwent real character development throughout the series, while remaining a villain - and a force to be reckoned with.
Ok, now ya got a PM.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by sum1
Too many to list. But top fave tv sf/supernatural fiction characters, #1 male and female? Probably Buffy (BTVS) and Lex (Smallville).
Ok, now ya got a PM.

about the PM... those are good choices I think, although I haven't watached SM
Old 10-20-2004, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by AlexEvans

about the PM
It had the desired effect, then.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

Ok I think it shall be my turn:

Bruce Wayne/Batman: Although he has no superhuman powers or abilities like his allies Superman and Batman, he has to be one of the most intresting superhero/crimefighters I have ever read about or watched on the big screen.

Gollum (LOTR): It's probably just me but I think he owned in LOTR TTT. The way he was protrayed as this totured creature whose personality was split in half due him being seduced by the evil of the ring. Smeagol or Gollum whatever you prefer to call him has to be one of the best on screen fantasy villians of all time.

More later.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:12 AM
Elite Fan

Oh I loved gollum....he was so hidiously evil!
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by The Survivor
Gollum (LOTR): It's probably just me but I think he owned in LOTR TTT. The way he was protrayed as this totured creature whose personality was split in half due him being seduced by the evil of the ring. Smeagol or Gollum whatever you prefer to call him has to be one of the best on screen fantasy villians of all time.
I just wanted to squash him like a bug.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

I always liked Gollum as a character, but is it just me, or did he come over as a more sympathetic character in the movies than in the books? I didn't get the same Good Smeagol/Bad Gollum duality from the books, compared to what they showed in the movies. Maybe I just wasn't reading closely enough.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Eh, he p1ssed me off in both the books and the movies. And I was never much for the poor-Gollum-he-was-once-a-person thing. Bug-squashing him always struck me as the preferable solution. But dunking him in a volcano wasn't bad either.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:46 AM
Elite Fan

He's a character you love to hate, which is great for anything. If you don't love hating the antagonist, why read the book or watch the movie.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread