Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2004, 05:01 AM
Elite Fan

Dark shadows was silly....
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:14 PM
Supreme Fan

If you want a really good book, read Bram Stoker's original Vampire book Dracula. I'm sure the Ann Rice stuff is good but this is where it all started. As for our fixitation on vampires. I can tell you that mine stems from the ideal of immortality. To live forever and see so much, but is it worth giving up your soul. I know that at times I would say yes, and I wish that I could be immortal even if it was as a vampire was but I think it is a human obsession with living forever because we fear death more than we fear living souless.
I also love Underworld and the Books by Barb & J.C. Hendee, Damphir and Thief of Lives.
Old 06-13-2004, 02:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar
Dark shadows was silly....
Yup!

You aren't saying that's a bad thing, are you?

Vampires started long before Dracula, although that was a really important book in popularizing them... but I agree with TheAngel that if anyone on this thread hasn't read it, they definitely should. Great book.

Old 06-14-2004, 06:14 AM
Elite Fan

Of course not, it was silly in a good way. It was still vampires after all.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:25 PM
Total Fan

Silly in a good way: The Lost Boys

Quote:
Sleep all day
Party all night
Never grow old
Never die
It's fun to be a Vampire
Old 06-15-2004, 04:51 AM
Elite Fan

Now that movie just rocked.

I heard that they were trying to muster up support to do a sequel to it, called Lost Boys II, but it was about a group of girls instead. It cot confusing after that...
Old 06-15-2004, 08:47 AM
Supreme Fan

Lost Boys II with a group of girls? Wouldn't it just be better to name it something totally different and not even make it related to the first one. Just a question.
Old 06-15-2004, 07:29 PM
Total Fan

I belive I watched this movie... Does it have a comic book store or something??

bb,
Samwise
Old 06-15-2004, 08:08 PM
Total Fan

Yes, it's got a comic book store on the boardwalk. That's where Corey Haim's character meets the Frog Brothers.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:10 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dukesmom
Yes, it's got a comic book store on the boardwalk. That's where Corey Haim's character meets the Frog Brothers.
Gosh... I saw this movie so long ago! I remember nothing but the comics store!! I'll try to watch it again someday!

bb,
Samwise
Old 06-15-2004, 08:34 PM
Total Fan

How could you forget Nanuck the wonder dog?!?! My favorite character next to Grandpa.

BTW - the movie was released in 1986. I couldn't possibly tell you how many times I've seen it (including a Halloween midnight showing - awesome). I've also got the soundtrack (vinyl), the original movie poster and a VHS copy of the movie. I saw it on DVD at Target the other day and plan to add it to my meager collection soon.

Hey, wasn't Donald Sutherland the watcher in the original Buffy movie? Donald's son, Keifer, was a vampire in The Lost Boys.
Old 06-16-2004, 05:34 AM
Elite Fan

I believe that Donald was the watcher in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Grandpa Rocked in that movie, and so did the soundtrack.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

bwwahahaha...a vampire thread...mnemheheh....I have the weirdest fethishes for undead guys, so many of my TV/Movie/Cartoon crushes are vampires or devils or demons or Elves or Kings of Men...heh. But my fave vampires are without a doubt Spike from Buffy (oh,PLEASE tell me everybody on this thread knows him!!) and a vampire king from this new manga (Japanese comic book) named Duzell....HOTNESS ALL AROUND!!! yeah, but he looks kinda like a girl...i have a long hair fetish too....LOL!!

~*Samwise is my Hero*~

I think I feel something!...It might be lunch related...
~Vote for a Stargate board!

Tolkeinest to the End of All Things
Old 06-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Leah_the_Dark1
bwwahahaha...a vampire thread...mnemheheh....I have the weirdest fethishes for undead guys, so many of my TV/Movie/Cartoon crushes are vampires or devils or demons or Elves or Kings of Men...heh. But my fave vampires are without a doubt Spike from Buffy (oh,PLEASE tell me everybody on this thread knows him!!) and a vampire king from this new manga (Japanese comic book) named Duzell....HOTNESS ALL AROUND!!! yeah, but he looks kinda like a girl...i have a long hair fetish too....LOL!!
I believe we all know Spike!
I'm a big Buffy tVS fan but I don't like the vampires in this show. They are weak. I like to think about vampires as Anne Rice writes them and as I learned from Vampire The Masquerade (my first big contact with vampires)! They are very strong creatures and can't die that easy!

Talking about Vampire The Masquerade... does anyone know about it or even playied??

bb,
Samwise
Old 06-16-2004, 01:40 PM
Absolute Fan

Wasn't Kindred:the Embraced TV Show based on Vampire:The Masquerade?
Or am I thinking of 2 diffirent things?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread