Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

None of the Underworld movies after the first have been decent movies. The standard and intelligence level really dropped after the first. 3 was better than 2, but still a bad movie, particularly compared to 1, which was poetry.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

I loved the first, that goes without question, it was original, unique and had a great story.

The second was just bad and proved it was just about banking on the success of the first.

I did like the third though, more than I thought I would, because you did get to see the history behind Viktor and Lucian's past.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, but it was only the history as the writers saw it after the franchise had been screwed by film 2. And it wasn't a history up to the standards of the first film. I wish Underworld had no sequels and I basically refuse to recognize all Underworld sequels, on grounds of not living up to the standard and screwing it all up. Though Rhona Mitra WAS good in 3. They made a great work of art in the first film, but the reviewers kept telling them that they'd made a schlocky no-depth piece of crap, and, judging by film 2, the fimmakers came to believe that themselves and made a schlocky no-depth piece of crap as a sequel (film 2). The 3rd film is of a higher standard than film 2, but it's still not up to an acceptable standard for an Underworld film.

Last edited by sum1; 07-26-2010 at 04:13 PM
Old 07-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

I agree.

I did love Rhona Mitra in the third, but otherwise the story was really what we already knew, just longer and more played out.

The first is the best and always will be no matter how many sequels they make.

What is your all time favourite vampire movie? (excluding Underworld as we know it's awesome)
Old 07-19-2010, 08:29 PM
Elite Fan

Sum, are you reading up on The gates yet, with Rhona in it?

The fourth underworld revolves around Selene handing off her role to her daughter, in the future
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

I hope the fourth is good. I loved the Selene character.

The Gates was so good Sunday night!
Old 07-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melika (View Post)
What is your all time favourite vampire movie? (excluding Underworld as we know it's awesome)
I don't know. There aren't that many good vampire movies. Maybe Near Dark. Way better than Lost Boys.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:45 PM
Elite Fan

I never got the hype with Lost Boys, I didn't think it was that good.

Near Dark was good.

There is a "Near Dark" listed for 2012, I wonder if it's a remake or not. Nothing listed on IMDb.com as it is only available if you have IMDb Pro.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, it's a remake.

I never understood why Lost Boys was so acclaimed. What happened with Lost Boys being more successful and acclaimed than Near Dark also happened with Once Bitten and Fright Night, two rival vampire films from the mid 80s. Once Bitten wasn't a great movie, but it was good-natured and likable. Whereas Fright Night was a lame attempt at a parody vampire movie. And Fright Night was the one that got the success.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Elite Fan

It's also about advertisements and which film got more ads out there. I don't know how it was in the 80's, but there are movies today that get more advertisements because of who's in it and not because it's good quality film.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Moonlight was a weak show. The actor who played Mick and Eva Myles were both likable and Dohring was good, but the show was not well made and was overly soft.
I liked it. There was something about the diversity of vampire lifestyles, and the loose organization, that felt real and I found quite entertaining. And Eva is awesome, even when not actually playing a vampire.

Quote:
I haven't seen Vampire Diaries, but I intend to to watch some. Vampire Diaries can be expected to be immature, because it's based on children's books. The two vampires in it don't seem promising, considering who the actors are, but the main actress is sexy.
Vampire Diaries certainly has its weaknesses, but I watch the show despite them. Need my vampire fix...

Quote:
Why can't there be a show or film about a human male dating a female vampire? There's so much of the reverse. Underworld sort of did that, but quickly went another direction.
Maybe when I write my series someone will buy the TV rights... but there's definitely room for more than one series incorporating that twist.

Underworld didn't do much with it at all, which is a shame. Decent action flick but there were several extremely underused elements (Eva Myles!!!).
Old 07-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Eva Myles!!!
Isn't her name Sophia Myles?
Old 07-23-2010, 08:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melika (View Post)
Isn't her name Sophia Myles?
Erk. I believe you're correct.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexEvans (View Post)
Erk. I believe you're correct.
I approve of your Myles crush more than your Heigl one. Need a reply from my last PM to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexEvans (View Post)
I liked it. There was something about the diversity of vampire lifestyles, and the loose organization, that felt real and I found quite entertaining. And Eva is awesome, even when not actually playing a vampire.
Myles is good. There are worse things than the show, but it was still kind of an overly gentle take on vampires. Try True Blood.

Quote:
Vampire Diaries certainly has its weaknesses, but I watch the show despite them. Need my vampire fix...
True Blood...

Quote:
Maybe when I write my series someone will buy the TV rights... but there's definitely room for more than one series incorporating that twist.
Hurry up with that series, ok?

Quote:
Underworld didn't do much with it at all, which is a shame. Decent action flick but there were several extremely underused elements (Eva Myles!!!).
The first Underworld was more than a mere action flick.

Last edited by sum1; 07-24-2010 at 04:47 PM
Old 07-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

I can't stand Heigl. She's annoying.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread