Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar
The Anita Blank novel scares me....it's turning into a soap opera....I mean really, can't we go back to killing things like the good ole days?
lol. Anita Blake has been on a steady decline. Despite that I have Danse Macabre on pre-order. I guess I keep hoping for that series to turn around.

There are plenty of other authors to read though. How about...

The Noble Dead series by J.C & Barb Hendee (with vampires, an elf & a Dhamphir)
The Hollows/Rachel Morgan series by Kim Harrison (post-apocalyptic earth with witches, vamps, elves & pixies)
Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong (each book alternates narrative with a different supernatural)
Working for the Devil by Lilith Saintcrow (I haven't read this yet but seems to be highly rated. Has a necromancer, demons & vamp?)
anything by Keri Arthur (she writes a slew of urban fantasy with wolves, vamps, psychics etc...)
Touch the Dark by Karen Chance (debut author. Necromancer vs. Vamp stuff)

that's the serious stuff. If you are in the mood for vampire comedy/romance I liked...

A Girl's Guide to Vampires by Katie MacAlister
Sex & the Single Vampire by Katie MacAlister
How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks (a vamp breaks his fang and he needs to find a dentist. funny stuff!)
Single White Vampire by Lynsay Sands
Undead & Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson (the sequels are not as good, but this first book is a riot)

Last edited by thescoobygang; 06-06-2006 at 06:49 PM
Old 06-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Elite Fan

I have to get all of the Blake novels again, I sold them off a few years ago. It's being put into a comic book series by Dable Brothers Productions. Great art, if you ask me.

I'm trying to remember a vampire movie I saw a couple months back where the main character was a priest slayer that was also a vampire that had been turned by Dracula....through faith he keeps his blood lust in check.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
I'm trying to remember a vampire movie I saw a couple months back where the main character was a priest slayer that was also a vampire that had been turned by Dracula....through faith he keeps his blood lust in check.
Can you describe the actor who played the priest? I ask because in Dracula II and Dracula III, Jason Scott Lee's character is a priest/slayer and has to fight the vampire infection in his own body.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

That's the one! I loved that movie....doesn't it have Rutger Howard as Dracula?
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

That would be a given, Rutger Hauer.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:15 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah him....I knew I mispelled it when I wrote it, yet I still did it....I've been in a daze as of late
Old 06-14-2006, 07:59 PM
New Fan

MMMMM...I have a deep appreciation and love for vampires. I write my own little stories and poems about them. Anything with vampires is good for me!
Old 06-15-2006, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

Welcom Natahlia....what exactly do you like about vampires? What draws you to them?
Old 06-18-2006, 06:13 PM
New Fan

Well..where to start? I like the dark allure surrounding them. I like all things dark and morose and morbid. I also find them irresistably beautiful creatures. I enjoy thier lure, that feeling that's like, I'm scared and I shouldn't come near but I am intrigued and I want to. They are mesmorizing, your mind may say "stay away" but they say "come." And you do and you let yourself be enveloped in their charm and allure. You get a strange sense of belonging, like this is where you should be, strange as it may seem. They make me feel...intrigued, mesmorized, excited in many ways and wanting more. I enjoy the thought of being bitten and having my blood sucked. Being bitten by someone who excites you is quite nice. Particularly on the neck. That's the spot. Blood also intrigues me. So I suppose, really it's every aspect of vampires that I love. Kinda hard to put it all in short and simple terms. But I hope this gave you all a bit of my take on vampires.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Total Fan

Vampires: Out for Blood. Ugh. Kevin Dillon is a cop, Vanessa Angel is his estranged wife who writes books featuring vampires, Lance Henrickson is Dillon’s boss, Jody Lyn O’Keefe is a missing girl who has become a vampire, and Jim Ortlieb (Roswell’s Nasedo) is the psychiatrist who examines Dillon. The following descriptions are strictly my own opinion: Acting – pretty wooden. Special effects – tv movie-ish. Story & dialogue – gag.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:52 AM
Elite Fan

Sounds like a not so good movie Dukesmom.....so when are you watching it again?

So you'd like to embrace the entire life style Natahlia? Is there any aspect of Vampires that you don't find appealing?
Old 06-20-2006, 06:38 PM
New Fan

Hmm..If I were one (IF I were one? ) I don't think I'd kill humans. I don't find that part necessary. But other than that...I don't think there is anything I don't like.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:01 PM
Supreme Fan

I really like the Noble Dead series. I have all the books in it but have yet to read the last one. Sometimes the plot can get a little thick and crazy, but all in all, very good books to read if you like vampires.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:24 PM
Total Fan

Here is the first part of TV Guide's Matt Roush's review of the new Spike TV series Blade:

Roush Review
Got Garlic?
Some kick, but no bite, in vampire drama

Normally I'm a sucker for a good bloodsucker, but I've seen paper cuts go deeper than Blade (Wednesdays at 10 pm/ET on Spike TV), the toothless new TV version of the comic-book-turned-film franchise about a hip-hop, Harley-riding, half-breed vampire who's bad news for his more evil brethren.

the rest of the review, which kinda sorta ventures into spoiler-land, is here: http://tvguide.com/TV/Roush/Review/?...ACHEHINT=Guest
Old 06-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah him....I knew I mispelled it when I wrote it, yet I still did it....I've been in a daze as of late
I only typed his name because in that post I was saying that it was a given that Rutger Hauer was given the role of a bad guy...he is ALWAYS the bad guy in movies, tv shows! Poor typecast Rutger.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread