Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2003, 05:12 PM
jjt
Master Fan

Underworld Appreciation #1: It's Vamp vs Were 9/19/03

Heads up Vamp and Were fans .. upcoming flick:

Underworld reimagines Vampires as a secretive clan of modern, aristocratic sophisticates whose mortal enemies are the Lycans (werewolves), a shrewd gang of street thugs who prowl the city's underbelly. The balance of power is upset when a beautiful young Vampire and a nascent Lycan # deadly rivals for centuries # fall in love.

Selene (Beckinsale), a beautiful vampire warrior, is entrenched in a war between the vampire and werewolf races. Although she is aligned with the vampires, she falls in love with Michael (Speedman), a werewolf who longs for the war to end.

Kate Beckinsale .... Selene
Scott Speedman .... Michael
Shane Brolly .... Kraven
Michael Sheen .... Lucian
Bill Nighy .... Viktor
Erwin Leder .... Singe
Sophia Myles .... Erika
Richard Cetrone .... Pierce
Robby Gee
Kevin Grevioux .... Raze
Ildiko Kovacs .... Michael's girlfriend
Danny McBride (I) .... Mason
Scott McElroy .... Soren
Wentworth Miller .... Dr. Adam Lockwood
Mike Mukatis .... Taylor
Todd Schneider .... Trix

Some screen shots: http://us.imdb.com/Gallery?0320691

CHECK THE TRAILER: Matrix meets Anita Blake sorta feel: http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_p...orld/high.html

[ 04-21-2003: Message edited jjt ]
jjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 06:10 PM
jjt
Master Fan

Another Blurb ...

Underworld (September 19th) - A modern-day "Romeo and Juliet" story set in the world of vampires and werewolves, in which one lover is a vampire and the other a werewolf even though both races are engaged in an ancient and bloody war.
Stars: Kate Beckinsale, Scott Speedman, Shane Brolly
Old 04-21-2003, 06:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

I hadn't even heard of this movie until recently, but this one will be a definite must see for me.

[ 04-21-2003: Message edited TheCheshireKitten ]

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 09:34 PM
jjt
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCheshireKitten:
<STRONG>will be a definite must see for me.
</STRONG>

Yeah I just heard about it and I'm so jazzed after watching the promo. It's totally my kind of film.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:25 AM
Extreme Fan

First off, yeah that movie sure looks like it could be pretty amazing. Then again, I've been rather disappointed with most more recent vampire movies. (I liked Blade, it just ended up being rather weak story and mythologywise, even if it had a few strong moments)

Sadly not much yet on the offical site.

Anybody else think that that one scene where she is sitting on the ridge looks like it could be directly cut out of a Luis Royo paiting?

[ 04-22-2003: Message edited LolaRuns ]
LolaRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 02:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for that jjt...will definately be seeing this movie.

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
The Kender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 03:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Does anybody know where I could have seen that blonde girl from the preview before? She looks kinda familiar.

BTW, did anybody ever watch Kindred: The Embraced? I remember they had a Romeo & Juliet type of storyline as well (minus the werewolves though).
LolaRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 05:12 AM
Master Fan

Cool! This sounds interesting. It reminds me of a vamp romance book where vamps and werewolves don't get along and werewolve blood will kill a vamp.

KB looks killer in the pic.
Old 04-23-2003, 03:42 PM
jjt
Master Fan

Found a link with the review of the first draft of the script. It's all spoilery. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And I read one other place that the rewrites were even better. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

this link has spoilers

So looking forward to this. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2003, 05:30 PM
jjt
Master Fan

Here is the article I mentioned earlier about the script rewrites from the zreview websited
Quote:
Thursday 6th February 2003: Underworld Update:
Just received the following killer report concerning Underworld over to Agent X "I worked on Underworld last year in Budapest and it's going to be a
Killer film! The werewolves are going to be, by far, the best that have
ever been seen on screen in the history of horror! They were done by
Patrick Tatapolis of Stargate and Independence Day fame. I read the script while on set and it is fantastic . The screenplay was written by a great guy Danny McBride with story credits by Kevin Grevioux,Len Wiseman, the director(whose going to be as huge as James Cameron one day), as well as McBride. However, word on the set was that the original Underworld script was written by one of the actors about a year or two BEFORE McBride came aboard. That actor was Kevin Grevioux! This guy is multitalented and plays this werewolf charcter named "Raze" in the film. I ran a search at the U.S. Copywrite Office (just because I'm the curious type) and sure enough, Grevioux did in fact write the first script! I got ahold of a copy of his script and it was cool! It's different, but with the same characters and a lot of similar scenes. I can see why they didn't go with this draft(monsterously expensive), but it is equally as engaging as McBride's draft." Thanks to Agent X!
An old news article from aug 02
Quote:
Kate Beckinsale discusses Underworld
Pearl Harbor star Kate Beckinsale has been talking about her unlikely role as a nightwalker in the forthcoming flick Underworld.

The film finds the British actress playing Serlene, a vampire and werewolf killer who's torn when she finds herself falling in love with one of her hairy prey.

Beckinsale, who was last seen on our screens in romantic comedy Serendipity, has admitted that she wasn't too keen on making the film when it was first pitched to her but explained the script and director convinced her.

"It sounds terrible," Beckinsale confessed to MTV, adding, "This is not the kind of movie that I'm remotely interested in normally, but the script is amazing and the director [first-time helmer Len Wiseman] is amazing."

"It's a very cool 'Romeo and Juliet' set against the backdrop of vampires and werewolves," she continued, "I didn't want to read it when I was told about it. I really don't go for vampire movies. But it's more kind of like 'Interview With the Vampire' meets 'The Matrix.' Lots of leather pants in it."

The film is due to start shooting in Budapest next month.
another spoiler .. this one from Scott Speedman http://cgi.horror-asylum.com/news/archives/00000306.htm
Old 04-23-2003, 06:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

"It sounds terrible?"

Whatever, I think it sounds cool.

~Kat
Old 04-23-2003, 10:43 PM
Extreme Fan

wow, this sounds great. lol. also sounds like a fic I'm in the middle of writing. I swear they're not related...but perhaps you might want to check out Decadence. Let me know what you think.

Does look like Anita Blake, doesn't it...

*goes to watch the promo*

~Cal

What am I writing today?
Calenhiril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 05:16 AM
Master Fan

jjt, that's for the spoilers. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2003, 05:19 PM
jjt
Master Fan

TheCheshireKitten
"It sounds terrible?"
Yeah not sure where she came up with that .. not all monsters are evil. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] She must be monsterphobic. [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]

Calenhíril
Thanks for the linkage .. I'll check it out. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

onionroach
No Problem .. I'm so jazzed about the show was doing soem searching. Figured I'd post the links to save someone else the time. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2003, 09:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

That poster reminds me of the Birds of Prey television series promo with Ashley Scott as Batman and Catwoman's daughter. In fact, the design is almost exactly the same.

[ 04-24-2003: Message edited TheCheshireKitten ]

~Kat
Reply   Post New Thread